Do guys notice a woman's make up and jewelries?

Hey, I am older than Methuselah, but a nice skirt and heels is all it takes to make my motor run. Good makeup isn't wasted either.

I say if you gals are getting all you want, no importa. But otherwise, try shoes. You remember the story of lazarus... :)

ha

My 2 cents as a guy:

1. Like many others, I notice the overall effect of makeup and prefer less/slight or none. The phrase I heard once that made a lot of sense: If a guy notices you're wearing makeup, you're wearing too much.

2. Personally not a big fan of mascara, rouge, heavy foundation, or overly/obviously thinned eyebrows.

3. As W2R alluded to, each individual guy probably has his particular weak spots. I've discovered over the years that if a woman has her hair pulled back, that is very attractive to me. I've no idea why.

4. Something nobody has mentioned yet: A friendly demeanor, a sense of humor, intelligence, and above all a smile will multiply a woman's attractiveness to me by a factor of 10. The prettiest girl in the world with a frown is completely unappealing to me.

2Cor521

Hey, I am older than Methuselah, but a nice skirt and heels is all it takes to make my motor run. Good makeup isn't wasted either.

I say if you gals are getting all you want, no importa. But otherwise, try shoes. You remember the story of lazarus... :)
"Good" makeup is the key here. A little here and a little there, so be it. And there are a few women who have such natural facial beauty that any makeup is too much.

Here in Texas, we do a lot of barbeque. And what they say here about *great* BBQ is that the best BBQ doesn't need sauce, because sauce only masks the incredible goodness of properly done BBQ. So it is with makeup. A few lucky souls have faces that are best without any makeup, or with very little. But the bottom line is that I personally believe that most are accentuated with a *moderate* amount applied in the right place.

Same with perfume. There are some scents I love. But NEVER too much. To me, a good scent should entice people to want to come closer, and that's not something that drenching yourself in perfume can do. Like makeup, better none at all than too much. There's no scent that won't repel me if it's too strong. Even ones that turn me on when used sparingly.

I have a weakness for a skirt and heels too, at least with decent legs. But as I said, when the rubber hits the road and it involves my better half, I like it to be an occasional treat -- because it has MUCH more effect when I see it than if it became SOP.

Hey, I don't like feeling like a superficial male pig -- but it is what it is, and I'd be a liar if I said these things didn't affect my snap-judgment about attractiveness. Obviously what's inside trumps these things when you get to know someone, but on first impressions... well, it is what it is. I don't choose it -- it just is. But once knowing you, a brain, a sense of humor, a personality really does trump all else in determining what I *really* want.

Delete this if I've gone over the line (I often do).

123596785_8e8c84e67d.jpg

Delete this if I've gone over the line (I often do).

Color me a city boy, but I paid $20 for a package of dog chews at costco that my dog really, really liked. My female dog in particular, who isnt a big fan of dog chews.

Later that week I had to look up what the word 'pizzle' meant, in the "100% organic, grass fed beef pizzle".

I felt sort of stupid for paying $20 for it.

Wow, E-R just taught me why Snoop Dog likes to rap in words that rhyme with pizzle. I never woulda thought. But back to the OP's question...

I like just enough makeup to bring out the woman's best features, but not enough that you notice it. It must be appropriate for the situation. If the woman is at, say, a Sex and the City party, with no makeup then I might wonder about her. But there's nothing worse than a woman who can't go camping because there's no place to plug in the curling iron. It's definitely more about fitting in than showing off.

Expensive shoes are lost on me, but I must admit a charge at seeing a woman pull off a pair of stylish boots in a sophisticated setting.

Sarah

When I looked at your avatar I thought you had nice legs....I didn't even notice your shoes!....no offense!

I can tell you that I usually don't dress up but when I do I notice that it attracts attention.

Here is something that everyone can do just for kicks. I got on the website hot or not and posted a photo of myself smiling wearing jeans and a plain sweatshirt. And then I posted a picture of me smiling wearing dress pants and shoes and a dress shirt. I'm the same weight on each with the same hair style and clean shaven.

Dressed in jeans and a sweatshirt my rating was horrible people thought I was really ugly I guess. But when I posted the picture of me dressed up I was rated VERY high. So this goes to show you how much that matters I guess.

A girl I was friends with actually came over to the girl's house that I was taking to the prom just to see us dressed up. She was like giddy from seeing me dressed up....and she has seen me like 1000 times.

I know a guy that is not rich for sure and is about 5-7 and over 200 pounds easy and is totally bald and 70 years old. He is always dressed well and he is a chick magnet. He divorced his wife and had girls asking him out within like a month.

So I'm certainly not the norm when it comes to not caring about how a girl dresses!

I also LOVE small chests!

Jim

I know a guy that is not rich for sure and is about 5-7 and over 200 pounds easy and is totally bald and 70 years old. He is always dressed well and he is a chick magnet. He divorced his wife and had girls asking him out within like a month.
Of course, when you reach that age, the "dating game" is stacked way n favor of men, because there are a lot more single/widowed/divorced women over 70 than men of the same category...

As I have mentioned, I am female and heterosexual (and apparently 'think like a man'), and I recall (while still working) I had no idea what the women were talking about concerning handbags/shoes/fashion.

"I got this 'Farfle" handbag for only $200."
WTF! I don't even carry a handbag.

"These 'Narfling' designer jeans were only $100."
Mine cost $4 at the thrift store.

I have recently begun making social contacts after years of being a hermit, but I am NOT going to wear makeup or wear heels.

I dress up as the occasion warrants, and wear some jewelry and perfume (both minimal).

Maybe it's a positive that I appear 'low maintenance'.:D

No matter, I can see from your avatar that you like to show cleavage. BTW, is that blouse you're wearing made from fine Corinthian leather? :cool:

Revenge is a dish best served cold.:bat:

Expensive shoes are lost on me, but I must admit a charge at seeing a woman pull off a pair of stylish boots in a sophisticated setting.

For example, your bedroom?

Ha

... try shoes. You remember the story of lazarus... :)

ha

Maybe so, but I find most guys quake at the sight of a woman who's significantly taller than they are. Put heels on me and I'm suddenly pro basketball height (6'3), and even normally intelligent guys can only squawk out "Wow, you're tall. How tall are you?" (answer: Taller than you, bud. How 'bout them Cubs?) Maybe for all you petite little things at 5'9 or below it works fine.

On the flip side, I rarely got any flak at my job as a health inspector. Most people won't quibble with a six-footer wielding a clipboard... :bat:

Maybe so, but I find most guys quake at the sight of a woman who's significantly taller than they are. Put heels on me and I'm suddenly pro basketball height (6'3), and even normally intelligent guys can only squawk out "Wow, you're tall. How tall are you?" (answer: Taller than you, bud. How 'bout them Cubs?) Maybe for all you petite little things at 5'9 or below it works fine.
My wife is an inch taller than me when we're both barefoot, and hence 3"-5" taller in heels. I never felt particularly insecure about it. I just hate a lot of the assumptions about short men being undesirable losers with a Napoleon complex. When you see so many "women seeking men" personal ads with women specifically seeking six-footers, it is a little discouraging if you're single -- and sometimes, even if you're not. Who wants to feel undesirable, even if you're already partnered up with the one who is so good for you?

On the flip side, I rarely got any flak at my job as a health inspector. Most people won't quibble with a six-footer wielding a clipboard... :bat:

I don't suppose they would!

As tall as you are, your legs must be very long. Add some heel, and kabam! you will separate the men from the boys. A man has to have a pretty good line on his mama complex to be comfortable with a tall and beautiful woman.

Ha

Tall women get all kinds of crap; OTOH it's hard to be taken seriously when you're 5'3" and small boned.

Fair enough, Khan. I've never had a problem being taken seriously, probably not since second grade.

It's probably harder for a guy to be short than a woman to be tall. I dated men who were shorter that me and height was never the issue.

So, to keep this from being a total thread hijack, I'd say confidence is probably noted more than makeup or clothes, hmmm.

Oh, and Ha, thanks! My manly husband will agree with you.

Back
Top Bottom