Do You Need a Retirement Coach?

Onward

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
how to plan your retirement career,

Yeah, right. How to find another sucker & them charge $100/hr.

Seriously though, if a person is really lost as to what to do and doesn't have access to someone with a sound financial/emotional grounding, a few hundred $s may very well be worth it. But, would such a person be able to separate the wheat from the chaff?

I've thought of doing this part time on a volunteer basis, but haven't gotten off my a*se to do anything about it.

This sounds awesome! A real life "fun consultant/money consultant".

If I could get around the legal/liability/licensing issues, I would love to do something like this on a limited part time basis. A buddy of mine that is a fin@ncial pl@nner says his favorite part of work is the client intake interview when he gets to discuss with the new client their goals, dreams, aspirations, etc for raising a family, retirement, etc.

In a way, this type of retirement coach isn't a lot different than a life coach, except it sounds like they deal with some financial matters, too.

For a generation steeped in the tradition of self-help and self-improvement, retirement coaches are the latest incarnation of guides, gurus, yogis and therapists. At $100 per hour or more, they say they’ll help you figure out what to do with your free time, how to plan your retirement career, even how to connect to a community that doesn’t revolve around the water cooler.
I must be incredibly gifted when it comes to retirement skills. I have absolutely no difficulties accomplishing tasks like sleeping in, goofing off, and having a great time doing whatever I feel like doing.

In a few days I will have been retired for a year, and I still haven't wiped the silly grin off my face. :D

But what is this blasphemy (in the above quote) about a retirement CAREER? :eek: Ewww, not for me, thankyouverymuch.

Last edited:
Hey - someone just has to come here to get all the retirement coaching they could possibly ever need!

Audrey

Hey - someone just has to come here to get all the retirement coaching they could possibly ever need!

Audrey

X2

No kidding. There are some good retirement books like Get A Life, but this site is better than the whole collection in the library. A person can post questions her from asset allocations, social security, car maintenance, travel, to dating advice. Whats not to like?

Why would a generation "steeped in self help" look for a coach (the opposite of "self help" imo)? We don't need no stinkin' coaches!

No need to spend $100/hr.

For a limited time only, at only $50/hr I'll tell anyone how to avoid boredom.

Who knows - - maybe you can get someone to pay you to retire for them
:ROFLMAO:

No need to spend $100/hr.

For a limited time only, at only $50/hr I'll tell anyone how to avoid boredom.

How the hell does a retirement coach build their credibility or their certification?

Talk about the blind leading the ignorant...

A retirement coach, what an absolutely quaint idea. I think I'll pass. :D
It might be fun to think about how I could actually spend $100/hr on things that I would enjoy though.

For $100/hour I'd expect more than advice.

Why would a generation "steeped in self help" look for a coach (the opposite of "self help" imo)? We don't need no stinkin' coaches!
We need this Coach....

member since 2005....:)

....they can get expensive – top coaches can charge several hundred dollars an hour. And considering that most people navigate retirement on their own, and have for decades, some say many retirement coaches are just piggybacking on fear and emotional vulnerability....

Just about says it all.

If I ever run out of things to do, I'm sure my wife will give me a list for free. Actually, I'm pretty sure I will get a to do list even if I don't run out of things to keep me occupied.

Back
Top Bottom