Don't move to Florida?

Maybe because of Florida's heat is the reason they have the most Nudist Resorts in the U S !

Maybe because of Florida's heat is the reason they have the most Nudist Resorts in the U S !

3 of them within 30 minutes of our home and no we haven't visited them, but did meet a few of the residents in a wine tasting event.
They had their clothes on......

True story ! Many years ago DW and I were at a resort in PA. when a guy from Fla. was promoting a dream of a super nudist resort near Tampa . The guy and his wife were flat broke and his tran. failed on his motor home and he was asking for money to get back to Fla . Roll the clock forward he got investors and it became Paradise Lakes . From a dream WOW.

The history of the Fla. Nudist resorts is remarkable !

True story ! Many years ago DW and I were at a resort in PA. when a guy from Fla. was promoting a dream of a super nudist resort near Tampa . The guy and his wife were flat broke and his tran. failed on his motor home and he was asking for money to get back to Fla . Roll the clock forward he got investors and it became Paradise Lakes . From a dream WOW.

Good story. Paradise Lakes is one of the 3 places I was referring to. :LOL:

+1

I was wondering when he was going to make his appearance. :) It’s real, and has no counterpart on the “list of reasons not to live in Texas”. You can minimize risk of floods and hurricanes by moving away from the coastal areas, but there is no escaping Florida Man.

What about the equivalent Texans? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dtail : I believe the original owner of Paradise Lakes , the poor couple built a home on the grounds a special glass home value 800K . Seems they did a special on TV . If you ever want to read a fun history of the U S . The history of social Nudism is so interesting.

+1

I was wondering when he was going to make his appearance. :) It’s real, and has no counterpart on the “list of reasons not to live in Texas”. You can minimize risk of floods and hurricanes by moving away from the coastal areas, but there is no escaping Florida Man.

Here's Best of Florida Man for Q1 2019:
https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a26899191/florida-man-headlines-2019/

Some of my favorites:

Florida Man Doesn't Get Straw, Attacks McDonald's Employee

Florida Man Arrested After Hitting Dad with Pizza Because He Was Mad He Helped Birth Him

Florida Man Denies Syringes Found in Rectum Are His

Florida Man Finds a WWII Grenade, Places It in His Truck, Drives to Taco Bell

Florida Man Learns Hard Way He Stole Laxatives, Not Opioids

Florida Man Caught on Camera Licking Doorbell

Florida Man Claiming People Were "Eating His Brains" Leads Police on Insane Golf Course Chase

Florida Man Throws Toilet Through School Board Building Window in Illinois, Is Arrested Sitting on Another

Florida Man Who Allegedly Threatened Family with Coldplay Lyrics Ends Standoff After SWAT Promises Him Pizza

Florida Man Accused of Intentionally Pressure Washing His Neighbor

:LOL:

Last edited:
You left out this one:

Florida Man Threatens to Kill Man With 'Kindness,' Uses Machete Named 'Kindness' :nonono:

Here's Best of Florida Man for Q1 2019:

+1, and that is just the latest quarter. You can’t make this up ..

If people read this and still want to live in Florida, there must be a reason :)

+1, and that is just the latest quarter. You can’t make this up ..

If people read this and still want to live in Florida, there must be a reason :)

There is a whole book called "Oh, Florida!" with stories like that. Pretty entertaining in audio book format. Got it from the library. Author Craig Pittman.

There are some strange dudes down here, but still staying here.
Nobody is bothering me in my pool or on the Pickleball court any day...........

You left out this one:

Florida Man Threatens to Kill Man With 'Kindness,' Uses Machete Named 'Kindness' :nonono:

You're right, that was a good one.

I also liked the one about the guy who threatened people with Coldplay lyrics. lol. You can tell the journalists are having fun with the headlines.

Last edited:
In order to not be called sexist, you should also talk about "Florida Woman". Just a quick Web search, and here are some headlines.

Florida woman was arrested last week on allegations that she squeezed her boyfriend’s testicles until they bled, police said

Florida woman points shotgun at swimming kids because they were too loud

Florida woman arrested for DUI while riding a horse

Florida woman pulls alligator out of yoga pants during traffic stop

Florida woman seeks revenge with $5000 tip on boyfriend's credit card

Florida woman robs Arby's, calls a cab to make getaway

Florida woman makes bomb threat to halt boyfriend’s urine sample

Florida woman sues airline after dropping luggage on herself

Florida woman shoots self while using Snapchat, deputies say

Last edited:
About the use of Coldplay lyrics as a weapon, here are some details.

A Florida man accused of threatening his family by texting them Coldplay lyrics, and warning them of retribution from his “Nazi prison associates” was persuaded by police to end a standoff in return for a fresh slice of pizza, reports say.

Evan Charles McLemore, under the belief that SWAT team negotiators were ready to hand him one of America’s favorite foods, was taken into custody Tuesday following a 4-hour confrontation at a Pensacola home.

"Never underestimate the power of pizza with flavored crust," the Pensacola Police Department wrote on Facebook, while adding officers “cannot comment on the rumors about pineapple being on said pizza - Operational Security and all that.”

The newspaper says the incident unfolded after police initially responded to a call about a possible battery and reportedly learned McLemore had barricaded himself inside a room at the home. The suspect, it added, had called out that “he had a gun to his head, and he was not going back to prison, no matter what it took.”

After numerous attempts to lure McLemore out of the room proved unsuccessful, SWAT was called in and they deployed the big guns: the promise of pizza.

You left out this one:

About the above story, it was true. It would be hard to make it up. One needs a very creative mind.

Jan 15, 2019 - News10 ABC

A Florida man is facing assault and battery charges after deputies say he attacked his neighbors with a machete that had the word “kindness” written on it.

Santa Rosa County deputies arrested 30-year-old Bryan Duane Stewart last week.

Neighbors told deputies they heard banging and yelling coming from the man’s house all Wednesday. Stewart was also overheard saying he was going to “kill ’em with kindness,” an arrest report says.

Just before midnight, one neighbor decided to go over and check on things and ask Stewart to keep it down. The man told deputies Stewart came running out of his front door with a machete-style knife that had the word “kindness” written on the blade.

Another neighbor who saw what was happening stepped in to protect the other man and ended up getting cut on his hand, deputies say.

Deputies responded to the scene and used a taser on Stewart to take him into custody...

Last edited:
Remember the Florida woman that pulled an alligator out of her yoga pants during a routine traffic stop?

I included the above bizarre story in this post.

In order to not be called sexist, you should also talk about "Florida Woman". Just a quick Web search, and here are some headlines.

Florida woman was arrested last week on allegations that she squeezed her boyfriend’s testicles until they bled, police said

The alligator-from-pants woman has pleaded guilty to illegal possession of wild life and has been sentenced to probation. She also had 43 small turtles in a backpack.

Hurricanes that hit that area on a consistent bases would keep me from wanting to live there. The good things about living there still wouldn't want me to live there.

Good luck in the recent destruction.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this measures up to the rest of these Florida stories, but last winter when DW and I were snowbirding in The Villages, there was a news article about a couple who were arrested around 5 AM, copulating on one of those large green metal boxes that hold electrical stuff for public utilities.
When arrested, the man said, "well, we didn't have anyplace we could go..."

I'm not sure if this measures up to the rest of these Florida stories, but last winter when DW and I were snowbirding in The Villages, there was a news article about a couple who were arrested around 5 AM, copulating on one of those large green metal boxes that hold electrical stuff for public utilities.
When arrested, the man said, "well, we didn't have anyplace we could go..."

Perhaps a little extra stimulation was needed.

I just happened across another story about "Florida woman", and had to update the list to add this.

Florida woman runs naked across I-95, a 6-lane freeway in Flagler Beach, dodging cars

Also this:

Florida Police Chase, Arrest 3 Nude Women Who Were Sunbathing At Rest Stop.

I just happened across another story about "Florida woman", and had to update the list to add this.

Also this:

Florida Police Chase, Arrest 3 Nude Women Who Were Sunbathing At Rest Stop.

It sounds like the women were just being efficient.:D

Back
Top Bottom