Door-To-Door Ed Jones "Advisor"??

Goonie

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Yesterday, about 5pm, there's a knock at the door and it's guy from Edward Jones. He's opening a new office in town (3rd one in a town of less than 20k), and going door-to-door trying to drum up business. Never saw that before! He was just letting folks know he was in town, he wasn't "selling" anything...just chatting it up! Years ago I remember (vaguely) insurance guys going door-to-door.....but never recall investment "advisors" doing that!

I'll bet he got a lot more exercise than he did bites for his fishin'! He pretty much had the wrong neighborhood. In this 'hood, most folks either already have their investments taken care of, or else they don't have a pot to pee in, or a window to dump it out of! ::)

Has anyone else seen this before? Just curious....it just seemed a little odd I guess.

That is a standard part of the indoctrination for EJ. They have a routine of so many hours of door knocking. By playing the percentage game EJ antiscipate X amount under management per year. EJ does provide a very good program for their independent reps and they need to have a very positive networth in the beginning to get on board. Of course when you are pushing high front load products it only takes a few decent suckers to bring home the bacon.

Happend to Me - Door-To-Door Ed Jones "Advisor"

Same thing happend in our neighborhood about 2 - 3 summers ago. A young guy came around door-to-door. Unfortunately, I was out cutting the grass in front of the house, so I couldn't hide avoid him. Nice enough fellow, and I did get some literature from him. He came back around about 6 weeks later and called me at work - but then he seemed to just "fade away". I seem to recall reading that Ed Jones opened up some local offices near us and did see one small office up the road, but now I don't see them or the office anymore. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom