NFL: 2014 Season

While there was more on the line, I can't agree with that catch being "much more impressive". Although, Manning was pretty impressive in escaping the sack and getting off that toss.

The best play on super bowl XLII - YouTube

The talking heads were debating that the other day and settled instead on the Tyree catch as being the "luckiest catch" of all time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm glad the Giants stink this year and will not in the playoffs as they're the ONLY team that scares the hell out of me if the PATS make it to the Super bowl.

They have the PATS number.

This may be the greatest catch but I think the catch by David Tyre of the Giants in Superbowl XLII was much more impressive and clutch as it allowed the Giants to prevent the PATS from making history by going 19-0. Much bigger stage.

I still have nightmares as a result of that catch:LOL:

I would be very happy if the Patriots played and beat the Jints in the SB. Just as I was when the Red Sox beat the Yanks in the MLB playoffs in - 2004?

The playoff picture is becoming more focused this weekend. Lions won, keeping them in the NFC Wild Card hunt. I'm now hoping Cowboys lose. And, of course, Go Hawks vs. those 49ers (two other teams also in the NFC Wild Card hunt, if not vying for the NFC West Division title).

The defense has received all the bad press coverage, but in totality of the entire season, the offense has been the complete mystery. Disjointed and out of sync all year. The Lions have followed suit mysteriously the same way. Except their defense has been stronger and has hidden the problem better. Schedule doesn't set up well for Bears to get to 8-8.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bear are big disappointment to their fans and past alumni. How much can you blame coaching. Supposedly the talent level though is minute. Like if Belichek changed sidelines with Trestman who would win? OK, well that is a little extreme but these players are not ready to play week in and week out. Back up the truck and get rid of the front office.

I'm glad the Giants stink this year and will not in the playoffs as they're the ONLY team that scares the hell out of me if the PATS make it to the Super bowl.

They have the PATS number.

Lucky for the PATS the Giants aren't in the NFC South, or they'd be in the think if the playoff hunt :LOL:

Watching the Cowboys yesterday was enough to bring up one's Thanksgiving meal. They lost on both sides of the line of scrimmage and Romo played either like he was hurt or like the old mr no clutch Romo. Hope they can redeem themselves in a few weeks in Philly.

I think rumours of the Seahawks demise have been greatly exaggerated. Looks like that defence is ramping up at just the right time. And the Hobbit QB just continues to get it done - then you factor in Beast Mode... if the Hawks manage to win in Philly next game (no small feat), then look out.

Thankfully, the Seahawks have woken up and realized that last season won't replay itself just because they want it to.

Bear are big disappointment to their fans and past alumni. How much can you blame coaching. Supposedly the talent level though is minute. Like if Belichek changed sidelines with Trestman who would win? OK, well that is a little extreme but these players are not ready to play week in and week out. Back up the truck and get rid of the front office.

A few more steps closer to some coaches and players walking the plank. :LOL:

I think rumours of the Seahawks demise have been greatly exaggerated. Looks like that defence is ramping up at just the right time. And the Hobbit QB just continues to get it done - then you factor in Beast Mode... if the Hawks manage to win in Philly next game (no small feat), then look out.

I was rooting for Seattle to win the game last night because I'm not a fan of Harbaugh. He proclaimed after their slim victory over the Redskins that his QB was "great with a capital G" and couldn't understand why others don't see it that way.

I guess he got his answer last night....

Last edited:
Watching the Cowboys yesterday was enough to bring up one's Thanksgiving meal. They lost on both sides of the line of scrimmage and Romo played either like he was hurt or like the old mr no clutch Romo. Hope they can redeem themselves in a few weeks in Philly.

You can say that again. As far as I'm concerned, they should have just turned the TV cameras on the Cowboys cheerleaders for the entire 4th quarter. :) Although they didn't have much to cheer about. At least that would have been worth watching.

I can't see anybody stopping Pats right now.

As a PATS fan I am waiting to see the outcome of tomorrow game against the Packers before I feel confident about their chances. If Brady, Gronk and Revis stay healthy they should win it all .

But remember we were 18-0 and lost the Superbowl to a Giants team that was a two touchdown underdog.

Damn, I wish you had not mentioned that as I have been trying so hard to forget it and you have reopened an old wound.

As a PATS fan I am waiting to see the outcome of tomorrow game against the Packers before I feel confident about their chances. If Brady, Gronk and Revis stay healthy they should win it all .

But remember we were 18-0 and lost the Superbowl to a Giants team that was a two touchdown underdog.

Yeah that had to hurt.:facepalm: Anyway this may be a Super Bowl preview. Two great quarterbacks going at it. I will have to give the edge to Pats though because they are at home where they have been practically invincible since the Brady era.

Yeah that had to hurt.:facepalm: Anyway this may be a Super Bowl preview. Two great quarterbacks going at it. I will have to give the edge to Pats though because they are at home where they have been practically invincible since the Brady era.

My bad they are at Lambeau Field........Ought to be a good one.

I wonder if anyone will pickup "and play" Ray Rice this season now that he has been reinstated?

Mr. Rice will be forgiven since he is an athlete and can help win games. Now, if you or I told so much as an off colour joke in that same elevator, our heads would be forfeit. Permanently.

Back
Top Bottom