NFL

Who I think and who I want are two different things of course. DW is a rabid Pats fan so I go along, but we both admire Peyton, especially since he spent most of his career playing for the team just down the road from us.

Indifferent on the NFC teams this year, but I'd pick Seattle, they are impressive despite the 12th man nonsense. So I expect the SB to be Seattle vs Denver or the Pats, safe but probably wrong.

I want to see how Peyton does as a coach. I suspect he might turn out to be one of the best ever...time will tell.

Last edited:
Defense wins Super Bowls. Seattle will destroy the Broncos.

Thats my guess. But the other side of that coin is my love/hate admiration of Peyton(assuming Denver wins today). Coming back from c-spine surgery, playing at that level, very impressed.

MRG

Thats my guess. But the other side of that coin is my love/hate admiration of Peyton(assuming Denver wins today). Coming back from c-spine surgery, playing at that level, very impressed.

MRG
why does he make so many commercials. Sick of looking at his mug.

Thinking about The Jets made me look up "The Jet Song" on YouTube.

How great. "Someone gets in our way, someone don't feel so well".

It turns out that two of the stars in that movie (Tony and Riff) much later appeared in David Lynch's "Twin Peaks".

Good luck to everyone's teams!

why does he make so many commercials. Sick of looking at his mug.
Papa John's are the only commercials I've noticed, what else does he promote? I've always admired Peyton though, I remember watching his Dad play in college. [-]I'd watch a thousand Peyton ads before I'd watch any with Cutler. YMMV[/-]

Manning reminds me of Unitas. He looks immobile, but puts the ball where it needs to be.
Don't they all in time? Today's new mobile QBs, though exciting, will all become more immobile with age I'd think.

Really hoping Denver beats SD today. Not because I want Denver to beat San Diego in and of itself, but right now I'm all about 'Anyone But the Patriots" and I do NOT want the AFC championship game played at the Death Star (Foxboro) where the Evil Empire never loses at home. A San Diego win today would pretty much hand Darth Hoodie and Darth Brady a Super Bowl appearance. On the other hand, they have been a very mediocre team on the road -- where they would be if Denver wins today.

Last edited:
I'd be happy with anyone but the Pats.

[Snip]
Indifferent on the NFC teams this year, but I'd pick Seattle, they are impressive despite the 12th man nonsense. So I expect the SB to be Seattle vs Denver or the Pats, safe but probably wrong....

Belittle the Seattle 12th Man all you want, but the highly enthusiastic #GoHawks fan influence on games at home and away has been noticed by opponents and media pundits. :cool:

Last edited:
Huh? Please explain.

Y! SPORTS

The organization is just not ready for a 13th man supporting another team in their stadium.

Seattle will host the San Francisco 49ers in the NFC championship game on Sunday. Apparently, the Seahawks are willing to do whatever it takes to solidify home-field advantage.

According to SFGate.com, the Seahawks are limiting ticket sales to just six states and the Canadian provinces for the upcoming playoff game. Only credit cards with addresses from Oregon, Washington, Montana, Idaho, Alaska and Hawaii will be allowed to buy tickets for the game at CenturyLink Field.

Dang! That doesn't seem right. :facepalm: Thanks for the source. I hope something is "off" by that report. Let's see how this all plays out in the end.

My hometown Blues hockey team tried a limitation scheme to keep the Blackhawk fans from swarming The Scottrade Center. Didn't work, they just bought the tickets off Stubhub and came in droves anyways.

Belittle the Seattle 12th Man all you want, but the highly enthusiastic #GoHawks fan influence on games at home and away has been noticed by opponents and media pundits. :cool:
I'm from a generation where sportsmanship was a requisite part of sports. Making noise just for the purpose of making it impossible for the opponents to even hear their snap count is BS at any stadium (not just Seattle though they seem to promote it more than most others). I object to defensive players very aggressively going for the strip more than making a tackle. I object to fans screaming and waving noodles when opponents are shooting free throws. Just to name a few.

Sportsmanship seems to be passé, that's sad to me. I am an old fuddy duddy, oh well...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom