NFL

No dog in the hunt, but I think the four best of this season are where they should be. And, in another ten years or so, we might be talking about Kaepernick and Wilson the way we talk about Brady/Manning now.

Or not...

And, in the meantime,, a little QB humor:

1557462_10152149109965867_133628348_n.jpg

Funny....
In my opinion this game means more to Manning's legacy than Brady's. If Peyton loses after such a tremendous regular season's performance he will always be considered a great regular season QB while Brady, whether he wins the Superbowl or not, will be the great playoffs QB.

Funny....
In my opinion this game means more to Manning's legacy than Brady's. If Peyton loses after such a tremendous regular season's performance he will always be considered a great regular season QB while Brady, whether he wins the Superbowl or not, will be the great playoffs QB.
It's been 10 years since Brady's last Super Bowl win, and the two SB losses to Eli were embarrassing to put it mildly. They both have a lot at stake, that's why I hate to see either lose this weekend...

I remember a playoff game against Pittsburgh where Drew Bledsoe got hurt and Brady came in and won the game. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

If Peyton loses after such a tremendous regular season's performance he will always be considered a great regular season QB while Brady, whether he wins the Superbowl or not, will be the great playoffs QB.

Joe Montana calling. Hello, 4-0 in Super Bowls?

that's why I hate to see either lose this weekend...

That makes one of us. I never hate to see the Brady-Belichick Patriots lose.

Last edited:
I'll bet Dan Marino would give up all the other playoff wins in his career if he could just win one Super Bowl. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. 4-0 in Super Bowls is far more impressive than 2-3.

It's 3-2 and he's still playing.

BTW I never said Brady was the greatest QB but when comparing him to Manning he is the better playoff QB with an 18-7 record to Manning's 10-11 therefore Peyton has more to lose than Brady.

Let's just watch on the weekend. If Denver wins, they can pound on New England fans on Monday.

Both Manning and Brady are great, and I highly doubt that either team loses because of their quarterback. Takes a whole team effort at this stage.

Life-long Niners fan here. It's gonna be a tough, hard fought game in the NFC, but I think the Niner's offensive line steps up big in pass protection and the run game and wins it for them.

Hey, even the 'Pawn Stars' have gotten into the Seattle Seahawks 12th Man 'nonsense' (from the Jan. 16, 2014 'pie' episode).
BeJz38vCYAAbNj8.jpg:large

And #GoHawks has been trending for quite some time now on Twitter. Go Hawks!

Last edited:
Oh well, the Pats really didn't play well, or Denver's defense did. I have to wonder if the altitude threw Brady, he had way more bad throws than normal. They know about it, but hard to adjust. And you can't give Peyton that much time. DW is sad.

But we like Peyton, and hope he goes all the way, and then retires...

SF and Seattle should be good, next.

Last edited:
I'm laying on the ground now, so if any Broncs want to gallop over and dance on my knees, go for it. Nice job and good luck!

Here I am rooting for the Seahawks...but....I really think there is something wrong with sooooo many people living life through the actions of people they don't even know.

Here I am rooting for the Seahawks...but....I really think there is something wrong with sooooo many people living life through the actions of people they don't even know.

You could substitute "enjoying the play" for "living life"?

It's 3-2 and he's still playing.

BTW I never said Brady was the greatest QB but when comparing him to Manning he is the better playoff QB with an 18-7 record to Manning's 10-11 therefore Peyton has more to lose than Brady.
I stand corrected on the record in Super Bowls. For some reason I was thinking he lost the one to the Rams, which is wrong.

As for Manning... well, 32-43, 400 yards, 2 TD and no INT... hard to find fault there. Brady was adequate but certainly not spectacular today. A lot of what he got came after Denver started playing soft in the fourth quarter.

After my son was done with HS football I pretty much lost interest. I keep up with the game just enough to relate to clients but no hard core fan here.

It occurs to me that I don't care if this game goes into octuple overtime on Sunday. I can sleep in :)

I stand corrected on the record in Super Bowls. For some reason I was thinking he lost the one to the Rams, which is wrong.

As for Manning... well, 32-43, 400 yards, 2 TD and no INT... hard to find fault there. Brady was adequate but certainly not spectacular today. A lot of what he got came after Denver started playing soft in the fourth quarter.

Manning and the Denver offense were unstoppable today and they deserve to win. I was somewhat disappointed the PATS did not win but deep inside I knew they overachieved this year with all the injuries.

I think the better team won today.

The zebras who said the Seahawks recovered that fumble at the 1 yard line really got lucky that Seattle botched the subsequent 4th down play, or else they would have decided the game. It's ridiculous that a play that obviously and easily overturned wasn't reviewable.

Nothing against SF or Seattle, but the superbowl before the superbowl is this Sunday. Brady vs Manning, Manning vs Brady.
I admit I'm a biased Seattle-area homeboy, but that SF vs. Seattle NFC Championship game was high drama, unlike the much ballyhooed Brady-Manning snorefest!

Go Hawks!

Back
Top Bottom