Puppies!

brewer12345

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
After our 15YO beagle passed away in August, her pal the 13 YO beagle was very mopey and we started to think about another dog. DW suggested that we consider adopting two puppies are once so that they could paly with each other and not pester the old man too much. We ended up with a beagle puppy and a Plott hound puppy (who may have some beagle in him as well). Its only been a week, but thus far it has worked out well for the old man, since the puppies quickly knuckled under and he is actually quite a bit perkier these days.

Lemme try a few pics:

Attachments

• Abbey 001.jpg
    Abbey 001.jpg
    638.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Copper 013.jpg
    Copper 013.jpg
    803.6 KB · Views: 6
Oh sweet! They look like the kind of dogs that are going to pay attention.

Oh sweet! They look like the kind of dogs that are going to pay attention.

Once they figure out that obedience = treats, I imagine that will be the case. But they are both hounds, so the nose rules all and they are a bit stubborn.

Very cute photos. They do like like quick studies for becoming integrated into the family. I have never had more than one dog at a time but when I retire, I might consider it. I think it is good for kids to grow up with pets.

Congrats! Can't beat having a furry friend or two around the house. I think 1 is all I can handle at a time. But you never know, I might give it a shot someday when I have a yard with fence.

Congratulations!

Are you planning to bring the #kids and #canines quantities back into balance?

Have fun. I'm glad the old man is getting a little perkier with the pups around.

Congrats, they're cute - but my avatar probably shows my affinity for dogs.

Congratulations!

Are you planning to bring the #kids and #canines quantities back into balance?

Sadly, yes. The senior dog has lymphoma and a 6 to 9 month life expectancy, despite responding well to chemo.

The beagle is Abbey. The Plott mix is Copper.

Sadly, yes. The senior dog has lymphoma and a 6 to 9 month life expectancy, despite responding well to chemo.

I'm so sorry to hear about this. The puppies are adorable and will give the senior dog some happy times in these final days.

Eh, my apologies, I'm sorry to hear that. You're doing a very good thing for the senior dog and your kids.

Eh, my apologies, I'm sorry to hear that. You're doing a very good thing for the senior dog and your kids.

That is life. Having said that, deciding to go forward with chemo for the old boy has been a great decision. Very little in the way of side effects and greatly enhanced quality and duration of life.

I think Nords meant are you going to add another baby to balance things out.

Congrats on the new puppies Brewer!

DW and I really wish we could have a dog. Right now, we can't because of the rules of our apartment in Japan, and the cost to move to a place that would allow them, just for the two years we have left until moving back to the states does not make any financial sense.

By the way, anyone here have a Pug, a Puggle, or a Boston Terrier? These are the breeds we are looking at for a smallish house dog. What is your experience with them, and would you recommend them? (note, I don't want to post this on the Pug forum cuz I know the answer I would get would be a bit skewed).

R

DW and I really wish we could have a dog. Right now, we can't because of the rules of our apartment in Japan, and the cost to move to a place that would allow them, just for the two years we have left until moving back to the states does not make any financial sense.

By the way, anyone here have a Pug, a Puggle, or a Boston Terrier? These are the breeds we are looking at for a smallish house dog. What is your experience with them, and would you recommend them? (note, I don't want to post this on the Pug forum cuz I know the answer I would get would be a bit skewed).

R

Ummm, considered a cat? Popular in Japan me thinks.

Attachments

• maneki-neko.jpg
    maneki-neko.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 0
Cute puppies and I hope your family enjoys the members.

Yeah, we would like a kitty too. I love them. Rule is "no pets". I think the landlord refers to the, as "pests". We'll probably have a kitty when we move back as well. My folks took a kitty in when it was dumped in front of their home. They said "only for a few days", but that was about 8-9 years ago. He's been the best thing that has happened to them since the grandkids all moved away due to their dad's (my and BIL's) jobs.

R

R

We've got 2 pugs (black) and a chihuahua. At 4 years old the pugs have been a blast. They're sisters from the same litter, puppy farm rescues. Incredibly great personalities, and far more active and playful than I expected. Actually a little rambunctious, but could probably be trained better by more persistant owners. We've had a few medical issues, more because of the puppy farm than the breed, but I've heard they can have some problems when they get older. But truthfully, even though I never would have wanted pugs (DW's choice), I like them better than any other dog we've ever had. Got one laying on my lap as I type.

Attachments

• DSCF0003.JPG
    DSCF0003.JPG
    319.6 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF0058.JPG
    DSCF0058.JPG
    314.4 KB · Views: 0
I don't have a furry friend at the moment, and I sure do miss it...sniff, sniff. Pets bring so much pleasure and company.

My SIL has four pugs, one golden retriever and a cat. :p

The pugs are sweet and I get tickled just by looking at their faces. She has three fawn colored pugs and one black pug. For short-haired dogs, they shed a lot...and I mean a lot.

Here's 'Frank'.....:)

Attachments

• frank 2.jpg
    frank 2.jpg
    447.2 KB · Views: 4
Nice pups Brewer. I had a beagle when I was a kid, and we always had beagle puppies running around the house. A friend has an old golden retriever and is going to get a pup also. Its good to see your old guy perking up with his new buddies.

Just dug out an old picture of our last puppy (now seven). This was taken when she was 6 months old.

She will be our last puppy (thank goodness) since we've done Sheltie rescue work (per my user ID) and have adopted three since that time as adults (much easier :angel: )...

BTW, my avatar is our latest rescue (that's what they look like when they grow up)...

Attachments

• Puppy_6_Months.jpg
    Puppy_6_Months.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom