The Office Picnic

Thanks freebird. When I go, I'm going to be thinking about all of your excellent advice!!
Remember the smiles. :D

When I was employed, there was NO WAY I would wear a dress to w*rk. Makeup? Bronx cheer. :LOL:
For some wierd reason, female engineers were [-]never explicitly told to but clearly [/-] expected to conform to some screwy dress code (pardon the pun) that most likely went back to the 1950s. So I intentionally wore slacks/tops and a lab coat or tailored blazer. Not mannish clothes or jeans, but business casual type stuff.
The only time I showed my legs was when we played volleyball or softball at a summer picnic.

I love wearing cotton dresses now, especially in hot weather. Mr B is in heaven. ;)

I went to the office picnic today. It was great to see some of my work friends again. The interesting thing was seeing those who stressed me out big time. They just seem like ordinary people now. I'm so happy to be retired and free.

Special thanks to Freebird for the words of encouragement and advice. I was relaxed, friendly and confident. I feel at peace.

Purron, I am pleased that things went well for you today. :flowers: It sounds like you "put paid" to a number of old accounts and moved on. Too bad that so much of some w*rk environments is soured by a few people who don't really matter so very much in the grand scheme of things. Once in awhile I get together with retired friends and I can't get over the change in them. They seem younger, more energetic and so completely relaxed and happy. And they have all these interests that I never knew they had.

Glad it was successful for you. :)

Someone asked today if we should have an office picnic and I shuddered inside.

So... before the memories fade to a rosy glow... would you go next year?

I don't think so. Not unless Mary asks. She's the one true friend I made there. That's a rare thing.

I went to the office picnic today. It was great to see some of my work friends again. The interesting thing was seeing those who stressed me out big time. They just seem like ordinary people now. I'm so happy to be retired and free.

Special thanks to Freebird for the words of encouragement and advice. I was relaxed, friendly and confident. I feel at peace.

You are most welcome. :flowers:
I am very pleased it went so well for you.

It's amazing how different (and sometimes smaller ;)) the fish look when you have left the aquarium, isn't it? :cool:

You are most welcome. :flowers:
I am very pleased it went so well for you.

It's amazing how different (and sometimes smaller ;)) the fish look when you have left the aquarium, isn't it? :cool:

I thought about your recommendations when I got ready for the picnic. Had a fresh haircut, wore a dab of makeup and a very simple but flattering pair of shorts and blouse. You're right about the fish - they did look smaller:)

A funny thing happened I haven't mentioned yet. The head of my former agency sought me out and talked to me for about a half an hour. It was a very pleasant and casual conversation. I wasn't a big wig or anything, but she remembered me because part of my job was to prepare and present items for board approval and she always liked my work. You should have seen the looks on the faces of some of the big fish. It was priceless:cool:

Back
Top Bottom