The Relatives Are Gone!

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Our small batch of relatives left this morning. We had a very nice time, mainly because they only stayed for 40 hours or so, but it's good to have them gone.

Use this thread to celebrate the departure of your relatives.

YouTube - It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!!!

Did you do the 'airing of grievances'?

Back in Sept. we had some pretty bad flooding in and around our area....not in our neighborhood though! Anyway, our neighbor's brother & SIL got flooded out of their house. So our neighbor moved his RV trailer from the campground, to his driveway for them to stay in until they could clean & repair the house. They were RV'ers for about 2 months, living in the trailer except to poo & shower..which was done in the neighbor's home.

The day the refugees moved back to their own home, the neighbor and his family partied hearty!!! They were sooooo glad to get rid of them! They love 'em.....but they'd had waaay tooo much togetherness for one lifetime! :bat:

As a possible added twist of fate....if the rivers keep rising as forecast....they be making a return visit! :eek:

Mine stayed for about the same length of time, but always glad to see them go. To be honest, my sis in law is the main one I'm glad to see hit the highway.

img_764952_0_7dc3c6ad2c9a0df7571c72acc5ec79b2.gif

We kind of have a 4 day time frame. After 4 days, you're either kind of tired of having folks in your house, or if you are the ones visiting then after 4 days you feel ready to go home. Unfortunately, if you've driven 3 days to get there or paid for the family to fly it's not worth it if you only stay 4 days, so most visits are longer. We're in Ohio and my husband's family is in Colorado. When we go visit there we always rent a car so we can go off on our own and not all being hanging around the house.

Fish and visitors smell in three days.
-Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, 1736

My spouse's parents left nearly two years ago and we're still celebrating.

We had company for eight days . It was fine but it is nice to get back to my real life .

Um...our relatives never arrived. :D Due to events beyond my control, my relatives had to be left in the rearview mirror many moons ago. :cool: dh2b's relatives were seen in October, so we were off the hook there. we are the outliers who always travel to his hometown.
dh2b and I spent our xmas holidays in full blown peace and quiet. :D :D

My MIL, 2 SIL's, 2 BIL's, 1 niece and husband, 1 nephew and girlfriend showed up today at 1:00 pm for our Christmas get together, and left about an hour ago. All is well.

Still at my sisters. Having a great time. Already making plans to together this summer :) Though I have come to the realization I will never move to a cold weather state in retirement.

My sister will be posting in this thread soon. DW and I are leaving tomorrow after a nine day stay.

Back
Top Bottom