What do you spend for gas in a year?

Nothing. I ride a bicycle :D

Maybe $30/year in bike repairs and around $120/year on bus fares. I use my feet and bicycle for almost everything. Sorry to be so unhelpful!

Way to go Tom. I have been working on getting people to bike/walk more so I know you are unique. Not so hard once it becomes part of your lifestyle. My effort has been trying to help people understand that getting places is not so difficult using Active Transportation tools. And, the benefits are terrific for health, personal savings, environment and safety. Keep on, keeping on! People like you are my heros.

Among our 3 cars we average about 12,000 miles/year at 25mpg. Let's say that's 500 gallons at $3/gallon so $1500/year. YMMV

About $850, at our Florida home we can get to most places by golf cart, the gym is 1/2 mile away and 4 grocery stores are within 2 miles.

I used to spend $3600 a year for gas, commuting just 4 days a week, 12 miles each way (Xterra). Now, I spend ~$390 a year, because I moved into town, bicycle to work, and we now drive my wife's Rav4, which gets better mileage. I get exercise every day, and cut 40-50 minutes a day off my commute, and I save $250 a month on parking garage fees!

Records show we spent $985 at the pump during the last 12 months.

My car, about 1 tank per week for a 15 gallon tank. DW 2 tanks per month for a 15 gallon tank...

Over the past 3 years we spent increasingly about $1300, $1400, and $1500 for gas on our small SUV. Gas prices in Vancouver are pretty expensive both due to supply issues and various sales/fuel/transportation taxes. For the heaviest use, the missus typically does a 25 minute commute to work and again home 5 days a week. She'll drop me off at the office along the way when I have to go in. And we'll typically do 1 or 2 relatively short roadtrips to Portland, Seattle, or Tofino during the year.

Back
Top Bottom