What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1000

Can I add to your excellent post? People who don't see when they create their own problems, such as your example above. Especially in those "old enough to know better".

This includes older folks who are nearly impossible to have a conversation with because they can't hear and won't get hearing aids! My mom falls into this category, keeps complaining about how she can't understand what people are saying because they don't speak distinctly. She sometimes admits she can't hear well, but won't do anything about it. Come on, mom, use yer noggin!

This includes older folks who are nearly impossible to have a conversation with because they can't hear and won't get hearing aids! My mom falls into this category, keeps complaining about how she can't understand what people are saying because they don't speak distinctly. She sometimes admits she can't hear well, but won't do anything about it. Come on, mom, use yer noggin!

For the last 10 years, every phone I’ve ever talked to my mom on has been faulty because she can’t hear me well.

Web sites that don't make it easy to find the price of some service. You often need to start the signup process before you get it.

I'm tired of listening to my elderly friends complain.

Complain about neighbors, complain about medical problems, complain about nurses, complain about insurance, and
COMPLAIN ABOUT HOW THEIR KIDS DON'T WANT TO TALK LONG ON THE PHONE OR VISIT THEM ANYMORE.

I'm with the kids: STFU already with the complaining.

But I would really rather these people go back to being the interesting conversationalists they were before their worlds became so tiny. It's actually very sad.

+1

One of the nicest compliments DW and I ever received from a group of teens and twentysomethings this summer at a social gathering was "you two don't seem that old, you don't complain about anything!"

One of mine is happening as we speak....

Called a mobile company to get a new SIM card for DW as she lost hers overseas... I called over a month ago and they said just come by a store and you can get a new one... well, they did NOT tell me that meant I was signing up for a new plan which I did not want to do..

So, when DW got home last week called to have them send a new SIM... this was Wed... paid $10 for expedited shipping... 2 days business... seems they waited until Thurs to place the order... so instead of Fri we were expecting it on Mon... but, we got it today!!!

I have been on the phone for [-]45[/-] 50+ minutes TRYING to get a refund for the $10 shipping fee... spent 20 minutes with one stupid person who could not figure out what happened and then tried to explain weekend days do not count... I said no matter how you count you did not make two days.. "OH, OK, I will send you to refunds".... really? Twenty minutes and you cannot even give me a refund?

SOOO, have been talking to another lady and she is now up to 30 minutes trying to get me a refund!!! But does not seem to be able to do so... keeps telling me "wait, I am almost done" for over 10 minutes... :facepalm:

People who walk out of a meeting room and stop to bullshit and block the walking space.

License plates

There was time when license plates were simple and rugged. A stamped piece of metal (thank you, inmates!) with a base color painted on and another color of paint for the numbers. These plates lasted for a very long time--a decade or two, usually longer than the car.

I just had to buy new plates because the fancy decal/sticker that covered the old one was peeling off and the numbers were illegible. It looked terrible. And, one of the screws holding it to the car was well rusted in place, helping me to twist off the head as I was trying to remove it.

I'm sure somebody sold the idea that these decal-style plates reduce license plate counterfeiting. Was it rampant in the old days? Folks are much more likely to just steal another plate from a similar car if they are up to no good.

I don't want a vanity plate. I don't feel a need to advertise a particular cause or affiliation on my license plate. I don't want or need anything on the plate designed by the state board of tourism to promote their cause. I just want a nice, sturdy, painted plate that serves its mandated function.

Think of that Inmate in a New Hampshire prison making license plates looking at the state motto on every plate " Live Free Or Die "

Scheduling meetings after 2:30 on a Friday

If your company uses Outlook for scheduling meetings, just put yourself in a "meeting" from 2:30 to quitting time on Fridays! :LOL:

I did this for my workout mornings, I'm in a meeting until 9 am on those mornings.

I realize that many of my peeves are related to a lack of standards, but it's a real issue.

Right now, I've already spent five minutes trying to remember/find how to post a question in the Adobe Photoshop forum. Every forum is different.

People piling on Chicago regarding crime.

If your company uses Outlook for scheduling meetings, just put yourself in a "meeting" from 2:30 to quitting time on Fridays! :LOL:

I did this for my workout mornings, I'm in a meeting until 9 am on those mornings.

When I was working the PMs never cared if anything was already on your outlook calendar or not. They just scheduled you for their meeting and you better damn well make it, never mind that you already have two other meetings scheduled at the same time.

Actually, I think most of them didn’t even know one could check if the invitees had conflicts or not.

A pet peeve of mine becomes activated when I put sun tan lotion on my face, and then a few minutes later forgetting I did that and then make a needless call on my cell phone, greasing up the phone.

Another pet peeve of mine is the run-on sentence.

i am not allowed to have pet peeves ( it raises the blood pressure and heart rate )

i just have to sit and tolerate inferior performance when i would rather be giving them an EXPLICIT guided tour of their own office , and have the option to verbally strip paint off everything within 30 feet of that office .

i mean come on i spent 60 years avoiding the temptations of Marijuana and Valium , and now i am being ENCOURAGED to act like a brain numbed hippie . what is that :confused:

no wonder Australians are so apathetic .

i can tell you subtle hints DON'T WORK

helpful suggestions DON'T WORK

the support desk is liable be some moon-lighting English learning student in India or the Philippines , so implied threats of an unexpected visit to their office doesn't translate
into motivational incentive .

i feel the family skills of sarcasm and vitriolic critique are just wasting away ( sigh )

Some drivers! I'm on a well traveled road...2 lanes in each direction....homes on both sides of street. Driver on side street at T-intersection (street exists on
only one side of road) suddenly pulls out crosses 3 lanes of traffic before (I'm guessing) realizing the home in front of him means street does not exist on this side of road ,turns sharply to left but cannot complete the left turn without running into curb. He then starts backing up to get a second chance to complete turn even tho oncoming traffic is approaching in both lanes.

Can't imagine why driver didn't know he was to start turning once he crossed the 2 lanes going in one direction. A first for me to see in my whole long life...........

Some drivers! I'm on a well traveled road...2 lanes in each direction....homes on both sides of street. Driver on side street at T-intersection (street exists on
only one side of road) suddenly pulls out crosses 3 lanes of traffic before (I'm guessing) realizing the home in front of him means street does not exist on this side of road ,turns sharply to left but cannot complete the left turn without running into curb. He then starts backing up to get a second chance to complete turn even tho oncoming traffic is approaching in both lanes.

Can't imagine why driver didn't know he was to start turning once he crossed the 2 lanes going in one direction. A first for me to see in my whole long life...........

sounds like a Queensland driver to me , if that amuses you , we can send more ( there is plague of them here ) , do you want the standard distracted incompetent , or one with special talents ( texting and non-texting options are also available in the group )

you could also order the amazing parker package ( where numerous maneuvers result in an exceptionally dangerous parked vehicles in fact many look like emergency stops if you didn't watch the the skill it took to get the vehicle there .. this option often includes the minor collision add-on .. tick the braille option for this extra treat )

sounds like a Queensland driver to me

Hitched a ride south from Darwin, late 1963, in a cattle transport with nothing but a dead steer in one of the trailers.

Going down the only paved road, and off to the left we see a cloud of dust from a car barreling towards the highway.

We're the only (other) vehicle on the road and the car swerves onto the pavement and merges right in front of us.

Truck driver says "It's old (whatever his name was) and he's asleep"......so he edges the transport forward and bumps the car...not lightly.

Car driver's arms fly up in the air.......he's awake NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom