Why work has failed us: Because companies aren’t sharing the profits

Yeah it worked really good the first time eh?

Hey, we are smarter and more informed now.

Yeah, the smarter and informed part is that prohibition doesn’t work and is very expensive to enforce, and causes a rise in black markets and organized crime and more people in jail and clogging the court system.

Yeah, everyone will have a backyard still and the gangland crime thing won't happen.

I don’t suggest we police anything but I want these people who work at these places to stop complaining. They are not doing the public any good. Kind of like saying, you didn’t pay me enough to poison you( slowly of course).

I want world peace.

I don’t suggest we police anything but I want these people who work at these places to stop complaining. They are not doing the public any good. Kind of like saying, you didn’t pay me enough to poison you( slowly of course).

I don’t see how you can hold the people who work low paying jobs at fast food restaurants responsible for what customers come in and order of their own free will.

Everything OK on the West coast? I wake up this morning and this thread has gotten a bit whacky overnight.

Not sure where the line between serious and sarcastic is anymore.

Successful means nothing. They are a cost to society in terms of health cost. Maybe we should close all non healthy eating places. I’ve not been eating at this place for years. Why are people who work there not feel guilty for working there. They are feeding people junk food and still get paid at $11 an hour. They should be put in jail for harming the public, instead of coming here complaining they don’t get paid enough. Just my take on this.

Chairman Mao might agree! For our own good, of course.

Everything OK on the West coast? I wake up this morning and this thread has gotten a bit whacky overnight.

+1 !!!!

Discretion is often the better part of valor, even with some posts. :)

@audrey and Robbie, thanks for playing. I now come clean. No alcohol I mean.

And I want whirled peas. Oh wait, that's a British thing.

Cheers!

Never heard of that one. A quick Google and it looks it is the name of a band in Texas from the early 90’s

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whirled_Peas

Whirled Peas is a surf music band formed in 1992, in Austin, Texas. They took their name from a bumper sticker reading "Visualize World Peace", which they twisted into "Visualize Whirled Peas". This led to bumper stickers with this phrase on it instead. The band released two albums in the mid 1990s, and played the Austin, TX music scene before breaking up in 1996.

Never heard of that one. A quick Google and it looks it is the name of a band in Texas from the early 90’s

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whirled_Peas

I think he means eating peas being a British thing?

I didn’t realize it was an Austin band! No wonder I saw all those bumper stickers when I lived in Austin. I always thought it was just a fun play on words.

I think he means eating peas being a British thing?

I didn’t realize it was an Austin band! No wonder I saw all those bumper stickers when I lived in Austin. I always thought it was just a fun play on words.

Maybe eating green peas is a British thing because in south Louisiana we used to eat loads of black-eyed peas. Per capita the Brits do eat a lot of green peas :)
It is amazing what you can find on the internet...

https://www.indexbox.io/blog/which-country-consumes-the-most-green-peas-in-the-world/

Top Green Peas Consuming Countries in the World

1. China (10804K Tonnes)

2. India (3992K Tonnes)

3. United States of America (300K Tonnes)

4. Belgium (196K Tonnes)

5. United Kingdom (190K Tonnes)

Last edited:
Don't we care about per capita pea consumption?

Too much time on my hands. At about 0.2g per pea, each Brit only eats 26 peas a year.

Attachments

• whirledpeas.jpg
    whirledpeas.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Don't we care about per capita pea consumption?

Too much time on my hands.

Thanks for taking the time to do the arithmetic on this :flowers: (that’s a bunch of pea flowers I am holding)

Back
Top Bottom