Dow over 28,000!

See?? Down already! The curse of W*** is swift!

Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJI) 27,940.93 –95.29

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 89
Yes, at least you have the picture!

Not only is the Dow down today, but I paid my property tax and car insurance, both in full, last night. And my credit card was paid off in full recently too. Money is leaking away from me like water through a sieve. Whatever shall I do? :D :ROFLMAO:

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout."
(Just kidding; I'm fine.)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 285
Have y'all checked your stocks today? Or at least looked at the indices? :D

I meant to lower my stock AA to 50%, and relied on covered call option to do it for me, and only got down to 54% stock AA.

Looks like the market god is helping me out to drive my stock AA lower. Yippee!

Are we having fun yet? :dance:

Tighten your seat belts and keep all limbs inside the vehicle, please.

Last edited:
Another all time high today for my portfolio+bank total, even after my annual property tax cleared the bank!

I think I could really enjoy getting used to these daily "highest ever" results when I add them up.

:dance::D

Another all time high today for my portfolio+bank total, even after my annual property tax cleared the bank!

I think I could really enjoy getting used to these daily "highest ever" results when I add them up.

:dance::D

You keep testing it don't cha...haha
P.S. Same for me...

You keep testing it don't cha...haha
P.S. Same for me...

So glad that you and others are seeing all time highs as well!

It sure makes my day every time I see another all time high. :D :dance: :clap:

OK, I already have plenty to live on so I suppose I shouldn't care. But I just really, REALLY like putting more distance between the dollars I have now, and the dollars I had when I was young, broke, and struggling. Never want to go through that again.

So glad that you and others are seeing all time highs as well!

It sure makes my day every time I see another all time high. :D :dance: :clap:

OK, I already have plenty to live on so I suppose I shouldn't care. But I just really, REALLY like putting more distance between the dollars I have now, and the dollars I had when I was young, broke, and struggling. Never want to go through that again.

Yeah, isn't your WR like 1.5% or something? You should be posting more on the "Blow The Dough" thread. ;)

No, really, it's nice to see this. I just love going to Mint.com and seeing my asset increasing!

Last edited:
Yeah, isn't your WR like 1.5% or something? You should be posting more on "Blow The Dough" thread.
Yeah, last year it was 0.60%, and my latest projections for this year provide a best guess of 1.23%. So, I am doing fine for now and do need to work on Blowing That Dough a little more effectively than I have done so far. I am spending more than ever this year, but the market is growing fast too.

I admit it. I was overly pessimistic about what the future might bring when doing my planning (years ago). And then when I retired, instead of a repeat of the Great Depression, that I expected along with concurrent Zimbabwe type inflation and the failure of SS.... I got handed the fantastic 10 year market boom that we have all been enjoying, and an unexpected inheritance that was not huge but was certainly welcome. Who knew? :LOL: Anyway I plan to self fund my LTC when I get older, which should drain off some of the excess I suppose.

No, really, it's nice to see this. I just love going to Mint.com and seeing my asset increasing!
Me too!! Although in my case, I use Excel instead of Mint. Either way, it's great to see everybody's portfolio going up, up, up like this.... :)

The tax man cometh...
It looks like a good day to pull some money out of the 401K and send 75% to the Fed and 20% to the state.

Yeah, last year it was 0.6%, and my latest projections for this year provide a best guess of 1.23%.

Oh, man! My guess (1.5%) was way off!!! I knew your number was very low, but didn't realize it was that low. That's an amazing WR!! Yep, time to start blowing that dough for sure :LOL:

If things keep up the way they are it should be a pleasant year to do some year-end rebalancing. That would also help steady nerves of those who are concerned about market tops.

Oh, man! My guess (1.5%) was way off!!! I knew your number was very low, but didn't realize it was that low. That's an amazing WR!! Yep, time to start blowing that dough for sure :LOL:

You were right for previous years, but getting my own age 70 social security starting last year (instead of half my ex-husband's SS which was much less, and which I had from ages 66-69) was a big help and meant that I didn't have to withdraw as much from my investment portfolio.

I have been trying to think of ways to Blow That Dough, that's for sure! I know I can't take it with me, and old age is creeping up on me fast.

You were right for previous years, but getting my own age 70 social security starting last year (instead of half my ex-husband's SS which was much less, and which I had from ages 66-69) was a big help and meant that I didn't have to withdraw as much from my investment portfolio.

I have been trying to think of ways to Blow That Dough, that's for sure! I know I can't take it with me, and old age is creeping up on me fast.

A good dilemma to have, nonetheless!

Market high for DW and me as well. My estimates are telling me that we're on schedule to hit a major milestone in about six months. Of course that's assuming things continue the way they are. Fingers crossed.

BTW - W2R, I really like the quote in your sig. As I get older, I'm acquiring a deeper appreciation for the written word.

Market high for DW and me as well. My estimates are telling me that we're on schedule to hit a major milestone in about six months. Of course that's assuming things continue the way they are. Fingers crossed.

BTW - W2R, I really like the quote in your sig. As I get older, I'm acquiring a deeper appreciation for the written word.

Thank you, Vincenzo! And also, I am so glad to read that you have reached a market high again. It is terrific that so many of us are experiencing this together, day after day. :D

How exciting that you are on schedule to hit that major milestone in six months. Good luck with that.

Back
Top Bottom