GM suspends 401(k) match for salaried employees

REWahoo! said:
This thread has "evloved" to the Hitler reference.  According to The Laws of Forum Threadom, this discussion is nearing the end point. :)

Now, if we can just figure out how to work Hitler into the salmon thread...

How about this? Hitler was a vegetarian. Does anyone here know if he ate fish?

JG

Since slant drilling is very difficult to trace for outsiders of the operation, the technique has frequently been used to steal oil resources from neighbouring oil fields. Several cases are known, the one with the most spectacular consequences being slant drilling performed by Kuwait. This was one of the reasons given by Iraq for invading that country in 1991 (see Gulf War).

http://www.answers.com/topic/slant-drilling

MRGALT2U said:
How about this? Hitler was a vegetarian. Does anyone here know if he ate fish?

JG
Yes, is true he was a vegie man, he did it to cut down on his body odor I hear tell...but he did make an exception for salmon on toast whenever he could though. I think by the by laws of the forum we are nearing the end of this thread now that we have mentioned this guy's name or does someone have to call someone a nazi?

brewer12345 said:
I bet the 100k+ dead Iraqi civilians would NOT have agreed...

Killed for protecting their own natural resources.  :-X

DanTien said:
Yes, is true he was a vegie man, he did it to cut down on his body odor I hear tell...but he did make an exception for salmon on toast whenever he could though. I think by the by laws of the forum we are nearing the end of this thread now that we have mentioned this guy's name or does someone have to call someone a nazi?

I make a motion that we move on.

JG

MRGALT2U said:
Perhaps Honkie will lead us in goose-stepping
on to other ER issues. :)

JG
I honked when I gandered at that.

MRGALT2U said:
A little whining here :) Not only are you "responsible for yourself",
that is exactly as it should be. "Maximize profits"? That is
capitalism man. That's the way it works.

Re. the 401K matching change at GM, it's a good one. Quite logical. They will
need a whole bunch of these changes before the ship is righted.

JG

When a company promises you a pension if you work for them for a number of years then takes it away after you have worked the years it is a lot more than whining its theft! Its breach of contract. It should not be allowed. After all you cant sue them for your years back.

I know of no system better than capitalism at this time. However that doesn't mean there isn't one.

The bigest problem with capitalism at this time is the large corporations. They are answerable to no one. Maximizing profits may be good for them but bad for the country and the people who live in it. People have rights. A corp. is just a business operated under this countrys laws. We may not want them to maximize profits at everyone elses expense.

Lazarus said:
When a company promises you a pension if you work for them for a number of years then takes it away after you have worked the years it is a lot more than whining its theft! Its breach of contract. It should not be allowed. After all you cant sue them for your years back.

I know of no system better than capitalism at this time. However that doesn't mean there isn't one.

The bigest problem with capitalism at this time is the large corporations. They are answerable to no one. Maximizing profits may be good for them but bad for the country and the people who live in it. People have rights. A corp. is just a business operated under this countrys laws. We may not want them to maximize profits at everyone elses expense.

This will not be a surprise, but I agree with almost none of the above
other than..........."I know of no system better than capitalism."

JG

Marketneutral said:
If you think politics is not a FIRE topic then good luck in trying to plan for it.  In my view politics is the #1 factor in being able to FIRE at all. 
That seems obvious to me too. But if you start making someone uncomfortable on these boards they tend to play the "don't talk about politics" card. I don't think that's a legitimate position, but most of the posters on this board are pretty entrenched in their Party faith. :)

Texas Proud said:
I have not read the whole thread so I do not know if anybody else has posted,  but our factor is only 24%... and this is up from 21% a few years ago.... now that we are cost cutting I bet it will be back to 20% in a year or two....  I have not see people as high as 2X...
What industry do you work in, Texas Proud? My numbers are from research and development facilities in the area of RF and microwave devices and circuits.

((^+^)) SG said:
That seems obvious to me too. But if you start making someone uncomfortable on these boards they tend to play the "don't talk about politics" card. I don't think that's a legitimate position, but most of the posters on this board are pretty entrenched in their Party faith. :)

Or they know that these subjects (politics, religion, race) almost inevitably lead to insults, name calling, and verbal fisticuffs. Since we all know where it will end up, why even start? ;)

Thought for the Day: The missionary position doesn't always result in missionaries, and an illegitimate position doesn't always result in illegitimacy. :)

REWahoo! said:
Or they know that these subjects (politics, religion, race) almost inevitably lead to insults, name calling, and verbal fisticuffs.  Since we all know where it will end up, why even start? ;)

Thought for the Day:  The missionary position doesn't always result in missionaries, and an illegitimate position doesn't always result in illegitimacy. :)

Bring it on!

JG

REWahoo! said:
...says the Master of Illegitimate Positions. :LOL:

Since JG is the master and he is obviously baiting for a fight.............does that make him a Master Baiter?

SteveR said:
Since JG is the master and he is obviously baiting for a fight.............does that make him a Master Baiter?
That can also be said for those that are good at baiting hooks ;)

Often you can learn something by listening to opinions different from your own. I am not offended if people don't agree with me. Whatever opinion anyone has will always have disagreement from someone. If this board is not for discussion then....

I bought more GMAC Bonds today, anything they can do to make sure I get my money I am in favour of, but I don't work for them.

The Union killed the Golden Goose, any assembly line worker will rave about their salary and benefits, now the pendulum is swinging the other way.

SteveR said:

Very poorly done.

JG

Back
Top Bottom