Poll: How old ar you?

I am curious about the age of people on the board.

• 20-25

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • 26-30

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • 31-35

Votes: 18 6.7%
  • 36-40

Votes: 22 8.2%
  • 41-45

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • 46-50

Votes: 43 16.1%
  • 51-55

Votes: 55 20.6%
  • 55-60

Votes: 58 21.7%
  • 61-65

Votes: 17 6.4%
  • 66-70

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • 71-75

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • >=76

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

chinaco

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I have been monitoring the board and comments for a little while. From what I can gather, some are fairly well educated, most seem to have their finances together. I am curious about the average age. Age tends to color the perspective about investments, risks, retirement, etc...

I will be 59 in June, and plan to retire in three years. My avatar is one of the selection of avatars offered when you sign up on this board... I didn't see one that looked this much like me but with gray hair, or I would have selected it! :LOL:

When I first came to this board, I read but did not register because I thought my planned retirement might not be considered early. I looked around the internet for an equally good board on retirement in general, but couldn't find one!! This is a terrific board, IMO.

After reconsidering, I decided that 65 (or 66 in the case of social security) was actually the expected "normal" retirement age, and that I would indeed be retiring a little bit early. So, here I am.

Is it international talk like a pirate day again ;)

45. IIRC our average from the last few age polls was around 50, with a large grouping between 45 and 60.

I'm 65 - for a little longer anyway. :)

Ha

63, going on 64 in a couple of months.

Not exactly a curmudgeon ala UncleMick, but I'm working on it.

Want2retire said:
I will be 59 in June, and plan to retire in three years.
59 in August, retired two years. Were you the hot chick in my 6th grade class?

donheff said:
59 in August, retired two years. Were you the hot chick in my 6th grade class?
You never know! I might be. There were only 13 kids in my 6th grade class, though most of them were boys. Some of them were really cute, and others were pests! :)

29, planning to ER in my 40's. At least out of the rat-race by 40, and FIRE by 45 (50 at the latest, and that'll be pushing it for me).

Not gonna do it on salary alone... so looking into other business / RE opportunities. No way I'm waiting until I'm 60 like my Dad!

59 and retired 8 months.

63 - retired jan 1993 at the old age of 49.

Heading into 'the crusty old phart' zone armed with my trusty Curmudgeon certificate.

heh heh heh - can hardly contain myself. :D :D :D :LOL:

52 and planning on retiring in the next couple of years. Dh will be 65 this June and I want to spend some time doing things with him before it becomes difficult.

Targeting 6/15/07 as my ER date - unless something unforeseen and (egad!) catastrophic gets in the way!

1947 was a fine year. :) Fire'd for 8 years and enjoying every day.

I'm 49 (as of January) and hoping to ER from megacorp in Aug. 08 and pursue meaningful PT work - DH is planning to ER in 2013 at 55.

Dog said:
I'm 49 (as of January) and hoping to ER from megacorp in Aug. 08 and pursue meaningful PT work - DH is planning to ER in 2013 at 55.

Congrats. What kind of PT work considered meaningful?

Interesting thread. So far the board is much younger thna I imagined. I'm 61. been retired from salaried work since 2003 and only regret I didn't leave it sooner. I continue to write, semi-professionally ... blogging is a great way to let off steam and it basically pays the rent on our temporary retirement villa while we decide on our final home investment. The reason I made the comment that the population sounded older is we have a lot of messages from worriers and uber-planners. relax, the end is near, water's fine, come on in ;-)

me 55, wife 58, both plan to retire this year.

next January should be interesting....only 10 months

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Is it international talk like a pirate day again ;)
I didn't get this one on first pass. Then I saw the topic title flash past and saw it. Yer right matey, arrrr! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom