Poll: How old ar you?

I am curious about the age of people on the board.

• 20-25

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • 26-30

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • 31-35

Votes: 18 6.7%
  • 36-40

Votes: 22 8.2%
  • 41-45

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • 46-50

Votes: 43 16.1%
  • 51-55

Votes: 55 20.6%
  • 55-60

Votes: 58 21.7%
  • 61-65

Votes: 17 6.4%
  • 66-70

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • 71-75

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • >=76

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Just turned 49, and will retire in 5 yrs, 10 mths & 15 days on my 55th b'day. But who's counting? ;)

42 and long term Megacorp employee. I used to be a whole lot more tolerant of the Megacorp thing until I found this board last August. Not sure if that is a good thing or not.

Want2retire said:
I will be 59 in June, and plan to retire in three years. My avatar is one of the selection of avatars offered when you sign up on this board... I didn't see one that looked this much like me but with gray hair, or I would have selected it! :LOL:

When I first came to this board, I read but did not register because I thought my planned retirement might not be considered early. I looked around the internet for an equally good board on retirement in general, but couldn't find one!! This is a terrific board, IMO.

After reconsidering, I decided that 65 (or 66 in the case of social security) was actually the expected "normal" retirement age, and that I would indeed be retiring a little bit early. So, here I am.
I love your avatar. Now if we can get your head on CFB's new old avatar, I'm not going to even read the post! :eek:

weren't we just polled on this? anyway, i recently turned 50 and i'm only participating in this poll because you put 50 in with the 40somethings. quit work a year and a half ago. i still don't think of myself as retired because, as everyone tells me, i'm too young to retire. so for now i'm just a lazygood4nothinbum.

I'm 58 and will be 59 in August. Not counting weekends, holidays and vacation time I have 170 more trips to the office and I'm done. :)

just turned 50 and hope to RE at 55;

If the numbers necessitate, I'll do the part-time/contractor thing

60, The leading edge of the baby boomers. We were also known as the war babies because of our birth just after WWII ended.

2soon

23, expecting to retire @40 or less as I already have 300k+ saved!

I find this forum to be a great source of wisdom not only about money but about life itself! The age of the members really reflect that.

I am turning 60 this year ( August), new to the board, still actively engaged in the corporate world but certainly considering the next step. Have been diligent about the financial part ( although somewhat concerned about the length of time to the "final" event) and looking to the board here to "connect"with people who are already there :confused: :confused: :confused:( ER that is), or approaching it.

boomer1 said:
Have been diligent about the financial part ( although somewhat concerned about the length of time to the "final" event) and looking to the board here to "connect"with people who are already there :confused: :confused: :confused:( ER that is), or approaching it.

You have stumbled upon a little noticed fact- some of us here are Zombies. It can take a while to identify which of have already "crossed the river"

Ha

boomer1 said:
I am turning 60 this year ( August), new to the board, still actively engaged in the corporate world but certainly considering the next step. Have been diligent about the financial part ( although somewhat concerned about the length of time to the "final" event) and looking to the board here to "connect"with people who are already there :confused: :confused: :confused:( ER that is), or approaching it.

Golfing: "Left arm straight, right elbow tucked at impact, grip it and rip it."

Fly-Fishing: Go with "light" leader. Nothing fancy on patterns, just "match the hatch".

That's all I got. ;)

Check with the 20, 30, 40 year olds on this board for financial advise. ;)

50 next month....1 month 2 days to go....'til I'm FIRE'd!!! One more form to fill out, and then send off with my pension request...TOMORROW!!! Yee-Haa!!! :D

boomer1 said:

One thing you will NOT hear spoken on most members of this boards "Death bed" is, "Gee, I wish I had spent more time at the office". :LOL:

Seems like a silly question, but OK I'll bite as I'm celebrating my ONE YEAR in FIRE. I joined the IGBW last March at age 50. I've barely got my head around the idea yet, but am truely diggin' the concept. AS BTO plainly states, "I Love to Work at Nothin' All Day!" IGBW and I are now both 51, although she would be quick to remind me I'm a full 6 months older therefore quite ancient in comparison.

Where is the rest of the class of 06? :LOL: ::) 8) :D

I am currently 32...hope to retire in 2019.

I'm 64. Retired close to 3 years ago. Wife is 56 and will retire in 3 months.
I'm too old to be a boomer. According to the paper, I'm from the silent generation. That made my wife laugh, derisively.

Turned 56 this past Monday....FIRE'd on December 31, 2006 -- and loving every minute of it!

So glad I listened to my Dad when I was in my early 20s! He nagged me to save/invest at least 10% of my pay every payday -- and I did it only to get him off my back! Best advice I ever got...THANKS, DAD! (Who, by the way, FIRE'd at the age of 62 and is now 88 and is in terrific health!)

:D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom