Poll: What kind of investor are you?

What is your investment style?

• Bogelhead: exclusively (or nearly so) index fund asset allocator.

Votes: 38 31.4%
  • Back-sliding Bogelhead: Asset allocator willing to use actively-managed funds.

Votes: 28 23.1%
  • Traditional mutual fund owner: Own mainly actively-managed funds, e.g. Vanguard Wellington or Fideli

Votes: 15 12.4%
  • Stock-picker: Purchase individual stocks or ETF based on fundamental analysis.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Technician: Purchase individual stocks or ETFs based on technical analysis, e.g. moving averages.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equity avoider: Own mainly CDs and/or bonds.

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Client: Uses a professional portfolio manager, follows a paid newsletter, or purchased a significant

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Other or a mix.

Votes: 26 21.5%

• Total voters
I'm in the "other" category. On the equity side, still heavy in managed [-]sucker [/-]mutual funds and in the process of shifting those to index ETFs, plus a dozen or so individual stocks. On the bond side, heavily invested in individual munis, plus a medium size passel in managed fund. Plus a year's worth of cash in cash sweep fund and checking accts.

R

Other then some legacy individual DRIP's and 2 managed MF's which we no longer contribute to we are Bogleheads with indexed MF's/ETF's

DD

I voted 'other'.

I think of myself as a 'Boglehead' and believe in the concept. It's just getting to be a long journey to get there.
I'm slowly getting there.

It is a slow journey for me also. Moving to index as managers I like get fired / quit or otherwise disapoint.

Free to canoe

Index fund asset allocator here. Simple is beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom