Air Fryer suggestions?

Lisa99

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
DH LOVES crunchy stuff, but not of the veggie variety. Think chips, fried stuff, etc.

I've been thinking of getting an air fryer but thought I'd check in to see who has one and whether you still liked it after the new wore off.

If you have one and like it, what brand?

If you have a convection mode in your oven you already have basically the same technology. I wouldn't expect the air fryer to make the food taste any better than convection. There are plenty of ways to make crunchy foods like French fries in the oven without using much oil. I think the air fryer is just a gimmick and wouldn't waste money on it.

I have one of those convection ovens with the glass bowl on the bottom. Makes pretty good friend chicken or fries without adding any oil.

I saw those air fryers at Sam's today and wondered about how they work. Part of fried foods flavor comes from the oil, so no oil, no flavor? Will be interested if someone who sprung for one gives us their feedback.

I received one as a birthday present. Only used it a couple of times. So far I have done french fries just cutting up the potato then tossing the pieces with about a tablespoon of oil and spices; they came out great. Also did some walleye filets; came out very good.

I received one as a birthday present. Only used it a couple of times. So far I have done french fries just cutting up the potato then tossing the pieces with about a tablespoon of oil and spices; they came out great. Also did some walleye filets; came out very good.

Can you post a picture or name the model of what you have ?

I keep thinking of the fry pans that are like a bunt pan with holes in the middle :confused:

I have on and have used it a couple of times. the frozen french fries came out good. I thought the time for this would be shortened considerably in comparison to a regular oven, but it does not. I have cooked chicken breasts and they turned out all right. If I had it to do over I would pass.

It's not really "frying," and if you have a convection oven you already have an air fryer.

I don't use my deep fryer often, but I sure love it when I do.

I have a convection oven that I've never learned to use. Looks like I have something interesting to look into.

Can you post a picture or name the model of what you have ?

I keep thinking of the fry pans that are like a bunt pan with holes in the middle :confused:
here it is. I'm guessing it was probably ordered off Amazon.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 147
If you have a convection mode in your oven you already have basically the same technology. I wouldn't expect the air fryer to make the food taste any better than convection. There are plenty of ways to make crunchy foods like French fries in the oven without using much oil. I think the air fryer is just a gimmick and wouldn't waste money on it.

I guess one advantage is the smaller size uses less energy and generates less heat. In summer, I will use a toaster oven for small items rather than the full size oven.

I think the air fryer is just a gimmick and wouldn't waste money on it.

I'm such a pushover for kitchen gadgets. Just ordered the Philips air fryer (currently back-ordered at W-S) because I enjoy fried vegetables. I'll be getting an oil mister to give them that wok-hei flavor without a lot of oil.

Buy the 5+ quart size. Read reviews. We got the one sold at bjs warehouse store. Ended up buying direct on manufacturers website. Local store couldn't keep them in stock. Awesome product.

Back
Top Bottom