Love to Cook - Now a Question

What a wonderful idea Freebird!

There are many retired veterans in and around LV/Henderson...in fact we have retired Air Force right next door.

The VA, firefighters and police station ideas are great. I have a passion for cooking and my wife loves baking. I guess we compliment each other.

We frequently make food to give to the local men in blue and the firefighters, and they really seem appreciate it. Food banks and soup kitchens tend to want bulk food that's easy to serve, easy to reheat or prepare, keeps well, etc., at least that's my experience though some good deserts are appreciated by those who only get the basics on a daily basis.

I am certain that your local Meals on Wheels would welcome your home baked desserts to be included as part of the hot lunch or bag supper.
You might also see if any volunteer organizations have bake sales and offer to provide items for these events.
We have a super duper professional level baker in our office (much like the OP). Every Monday morning there is a large beautifully arranged tray of some gourmet item for our enjoyment...biscotti, cookies, brownies, buckeyes, etc. Everything is perfect and beautifully presented. She just likes to bake and she and her husband don't eat much of the stuff. She also bakes for her husband's office. My favorites are her date bars and her dried cherry/dark chocolate biscotti. Calorie counting goes out the window...

Back
Top Bottom