What did you do today? - 2021 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday, my DH and I got our covid booster shots. We both had sore arms last night and today, but no other problems.

Need to get our flu shots in the next couple of weeks.

we are on the way over Chinook pass to help my sister with her house/RV/well problems.

Update: the house is down and mostly out.
PXL-20211016-201230953.jpg

In the process they took out the well pump that I had tried to protect, so my sister could keep staying on the property. Like most plans it did not survive the first encounter with the enemy.
Now we have a new plan and will restore her water next Sunday on the next trip over.
The mountain this morning from Lake Tipsoo.
PXL-20211016-161300285.jpg

I saw our favorite fall color up there, the tamaracks are turning.
PXL-20211016-162305021.jpg

As we drove down the pass, the smoke started building from the Schneider Springs fire. It is still pretty nasty up there from time to time, and the air was not moving this morning.
PXL-20211016-163501279.jpg

Accepted a verbal offer for the sale of our RV. After owning 8 RV's over the past 45 years, everything from a pop up tent trailer to a 40 ft diesel motor home, I've decided it's time to hang up the "stinky slinky" for good.

Now to see if the buyer shows up with a cashier's check on Monday.

Reactions: W2R
Mowed the back yard. For the first time since last spring it was cool enough that I wore two sweatshirts. We have yet to see frost but I'm sure it won't be long now.

Finished up three days at a campsite a few steps away from the Mississippi River and about a half hour south of La Crosse, WI. It was in the 30's this morning. About time to put the little trailer away for the winter. Highlights were hiking the goat prairies along the bluffs above the river and some unexpectedly good thin crust pizza in the little town of Lansing, Iowa.

Drove over the hill again for lunch with FIL. Got my usual fav, black garlic ramen at Fujiwara

I look forward to this every Sunday - :)

Finished combining corn!!! will run the bin numbers and scale tickets tomorrow to see exactly how badly the drought reduced yields.

Upgraded our driver's licenses to Real ID versions. Instead of going to the local country clerk's office, we had to drive to a specialized new facility that serves an enormous part of the state. But it was a surprisingly painless experience, and when they come up for renewal we'll be able to do it online from now on. Progress!

Dropped the lawnmower at the repair shop first thing, put teak oil on all the outside furniture getting it ready to put away for winter, ran to the hardware store to get more teak oil, finished the edge of a mosaic table the wife is working on, washed and detailed 4 vehicles (wife's, mine, and 2 teenagers). As I sit for a hot second and reflect on the day, I'm wondering how in the world I ever had time to work a 50+ hour / week j*b... What a great day!

Dropped the lawnmower at the repair shop first thing, put teak oil on all the outside furniture getting it ready to put away for winter, ran to the hardware store to get more teak oil, finished the edge of a mosaic table the wife is working on, washed and detailed 4 vehicles (wife's, mine, and 2 teenagers). As I sit for a hot second and reflect on the day, I'm wondering how in the world I ever had time to work a 50+ hour / week j*b... What a great day!

Did you forget there is 168 hours in each week? You had 118 hours to play with.

Raked leaf's and hauled them out. I could use mower but better exercise and I have the time to enjoy they beauty of fall. Hand spaded the garden where the tomato plants were that hadn't got done. Took a long bike ride and will bow hunt this evening.

We dug up our sweet potatoes this morning, then let them sit in the sun for a few hours before brushing the dirt off and putting them down to the cellar (where it is warmer and humid) to cure. In about 2 weeks, we'll wrap them in newspaper and stow them in a box in the garage for the winter. We had a good crop this year and I look forward to dinners regularly featuring sweet potatoes.

The boat is in the slip!

Delivered, launched and secured. After parked with one line, took it out after my boat dude left and ran a couple miles down the river. Chart plotter works, not going to get lost in the delta. Speed up to 38 mph, woohoo! Returned, tested bilge pump, no water and secured with 4 lines, now drinking bourbon - :)

Not so much, what I did, but what I had done.
Had insulation blown into my attic.
The before and after.

Attachments

• 07478D2A-F7AD-47B9-8B3F-12335B8DF146.jpg
    07478D2A-F7AD-47B9-8B3F-12335B8DF146.jpg
    507.1 KB · Views: 49
  • E1CC3C18-2A0A-41B3-ADE9-25D9DA73F8DC.jpg
    E1CC3C18-2A0A-41B3-ADE9-25D9DA73F8DC.jpg
    650.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
After hardly touching my guitar and bass all summer both of my bands have started up again. I practiced for 3 hours yesterday (on bass) running over old set lists and well known songs just trying to get my feel back.

Today I went more in depth on newer songs we've recently added plus learned 6 brand new songs for one of the bands.

Breakfast at McD's, went for a walk in the neighborhood, grocery shopping & delivery to MIL, did some woodworking, created some exhibits for a friend's property sale.

Got a new lab pup yesterday. Never thought I would do another puppy as my last dog was a year old when I got him and a lot of puppyhood was already behind him. An easy adjustment with him. But came across a yellow one and decided to take the plunge. Last night wasn't too bad....had to get up twice to let him out. And he's already learning how to sit on command. Named him Hogan after Ben Hogan....a famous golfer of the past. Pray for me.;)

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1634662777955.jpg
    FB_IMG_1634662777955.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 47
Got a new lab pup yesterday. Never thought I would do another puppy as my last dog was a year old when I got him and a lot of puppyhood was already behind him. An easy adjustment with him. But came across a yellow one and decided to take the plunge. Last night wasn't too bad....had to get up twice to let him out. And he's already learning how to sit on command. Named him Hogan after Ben Hogan....a famous golfer of the past. Pray for me.;)
great! good luck! Ours is 2 years old now and still a challenge:LOL:

Congrats on Hogan! We've had two labs, both adopted as pups, and my advice is for the next two or three years keep him away from anything you don't want chewed!

Man you are making me want a dog. I don't know if I have the extra time that they need so I haven't got another. In some of my passions in the outdoors a dog wouldn't be best suited for me. If I can't take the dog just about everywhere I go I decided not to have another.

Hogan is tooo cute! Enjoy.

Went to the dentist today for twice annual cleaning. Teeth feel so smooth and clean :)

Good looking dog! Looks like he is on the hunt already - :)

Congratulations! Hogan is a cute little puppy for sure. Good decision. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom