What did you do today? - 2022 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used a metal cutting blade, but I think most any blade would work, although with a cheap one it might be a single use operation. The metal skin on the safe is incredibly thin. You could fold a sheet of aluminum foil in half 2 or 3 times and get the same thickness. Under that is a couple inches of insulation, then the inner shell is thin plastic. No real security at all.

After cutting the front off, I went ahead and cut the main part in half so I would have three pieces instead of two. That made it easy to load in the car and haul away.

Be sure to put a disposable drop cloth down -- cutting through that insulation creates a lot of dust!

Thanks!:)

Snowy and cold today so made 2 butter cup squash. Lunch was squash topped with wild berries.
A long walk again and did some reading. Planning a burn day for some large brush piles soon, now since we got some more snow. Also going to go get the oil checked (Blood Panel/PSA) in the morning.

Figure skated about an hour. As is usual after a hockey game, the maint. crew did a crappy job finishing the ice with Zamboni (that is the ice re-surfacing machine). The surface was close cobble stone street quality.

Ugh, spent 10 hours in the ER last night with DH. Took 5 hours just for CT scan and results.
Believe it when the news says hospitals and ERs are overflowing with sick patients!
WE tried to sit as far away from all the coughing and hacking, and wore N95 mask, which we replaced with new ones that I carry, after 8 hours of breathing into it.
Doc and DH decided to try home care instead of admit, so I am back to my nursing! If not improved in 1-2 days, he will be admitted. NOT Covid, thankfully.

Ugh, spent 10 hours in the ER last night with DH. Took 5 hours just for CT scan and results.
Believe it when the news says hospitals and ERs are overflowing with sick patients!
WE tried to sit as far away from all the coughing and hacking, and wore N95 mask, which we replaced with new ones that I carry, after 8 hours of breathing into it.
Doc and DH decided to try home care instead of admit, so I am back to my nursing! If not improved in 1-2 days, he will be admitted. NOT Covid, thankfully.

Wishing your DH luck with the illness. DW went the hospital in Nov.5th and is now in a skilled nursing facility on IV until December 26th. No Xmas around here this season.

Talked to the electrician and made a deposit on a new utility pole. Also talked about other electric work that needs done around here.

I spent 90 minutes in the dental chair while the dentist took multiple impressions (goopy and messy process - ugh!!!) and prepared my temporary crown.

I will return on Dec. 27th for the permanent crown, and one smaller filling.

I like my dentist and his staff very much, but I wish I didn't have to see so much of them! :facepalm:

Last edited:

I hope for a fast recovery for DH pacergal.

aja8888, I also wishing you and your wife the best.

Tomorrow, I'm going into the war zone to get my blood for my annual blood check. I will be wearing a N95 and will be very cautious while I'm there.

I hope for a fast recovery for DH pacergal.

aja8888, I also wishing you and your wife the best.

Tomorrow, I'm going into the war zone to get my blood for my annual blood check. I will be wearing a N95 and will be very cautious while I'm there.

Thanks, good luck tomorrow!

The final parts came yesterday for BIL's snow blower so I finished that up and took it over to their place. BIL insisted on taking DW and I out to dinner so we all went to a nice Mexican place in Ranson, WV. I ate way too much and regretted it later. But it was (sort of) worth it. We'll go back at some future date.

Now that both of us have fully functional and well-tuned snow blowers that virtually guarantees that there will be no snow this winter. At least none that justify moving a snow blower out of the garage. The below photo is from several years ago when we did get a worthy snowfall.

A new R/C airplane arrived at the door today so I got that put together in about an hour or so. It's a Eratix flat foamy, designed for acrobatics at low level and in small spaces. I think I'll be able to fly it in the back yard but the first flight will be at an R/C flying site to give me lots of room to get it set up and "dialed in". If you scroll down on the linked page there's a promotional video of the airplane showing the attraction. I'm not as good as whoever is flying that example but I'm working on it.

Attachments

• Ariens 824.jpg
    Ariens 824.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 38
Yep, ran across the same when I had to take DH to the ER yesterday afternoon for SVT after 3 days with a very high heart rate. Fortunately or unfortunately, his symptoms warranted immediate admission and treatment so we were with the masses for only a very short time. They are having a real problem with getting his HR down so he's stuck in the hospital for another day. As explained to him, he's not stable and if he insisted on release today, there's no guarantee he won't be back in the ER tonight or tomorrow :facepalm:.

Last edited:
Today was a beautiful winter day. Full sun and blue bird day so went to ranch to cut timber and burn brush and some old deadfall. A light breeze out of the SW was perfect wind also. A sweater and stocking cap and that was almost too much for cloths. Watched the wildlife and enjoyed the outdoors.

Last edited:
Nice blue sky day here too. Worked on getting organized some more.
Refused 3 boxes from Dish Network addressed to the prior owner of our place.
He has been done from here for at least 5-6 weeks if not 2 months or more.
Made a call to set up propane delivery.

Guessing we will need about 125 gallons for $500 ish.
Hope it lasts a good while.

Ordered some snow rated tires for my Jeep. Ordered some cargo bed / rear lighting for my side by side. Went Christmas shopping with DW. Successful garbage day - the garbage man took my old air compressor.

I made a batch of hummus and had a get together with some other new expats who recently moved to our area. Then I did what I am trying to do every day or every other at keast and that is go to the gym! Burn calories, sweat and rebuild all the musculature I lost the past 2 years or probably more like 10 if I am being honest with myself. Is very hard work but after 3-4 months the changes are really starting to show. Figure 6 months to a year from now might be able to lose all the internal visceral fat that seems to impact us in so many ways and it the last to ever come off. Am determined to get into the best shape of my adult life. Why did I wait so Freaking long?

Whoa! I have not been following the news, but just learned from my brother that a coworker of his got sick, infected his family and they all ended up in the hospital. Scary stuff!

So, we start to wear masks again when grocery shopping. If nothing else, it reminds us not to get close to other people, and not to touch our face until we get home and wash our hands.

During COVID, I remember that the cold and flu infections were way down due to people staying vigilant. Now, they get relaxed and get hit by other viruses.

I just spent 5-1/2 hours in the ER with the young wife and her 87 year old mother, who has the flu, as it turns out. She did get a flu shot this fall, but it apparently did not work. She started coughing yesterday, and the young wife, who was an EMT for 20 years, starting monitoring her vitals. When temperature went up and oxygen level went down, we took her in. She has been staying with us since Thanksgiving and we are supposed to take her back to Pennsylvania on Monday.

Had a facetime from my granddaughter of 5 years old and asked if she could come spend the day and go sledding. We get pretty wild on those sleds and always have a lot of fun. We sled on a big hill behind the house.

So, I got the downhill sleds cleaned up and ready to rock and roll. The days just seem to fill up more and more in retirement. So, blessed to be able to the do these things with her and hope to be able to do these outdoor things with the new GD coming in the future.

Had a facetime from my granddaughter of 5 years old and asked if she could come spend the day and go sledding. We get pretty wild on those sleds and always have a lot of fun. We sled on a big hill behind the house.

So, I got the downhill sleds cleaned up and ready to rock and roll. The days just seem to fill up more and more in retirement. So, blessed to be able to the do these things with her and hope to be able to do these outdoor things with the new GD coming in the future.

So Fun! Grandkids are the best. :smitten:
Ours are coming over tonight and we are going to see Santa and Mrs Clause. First time for the three year old!

Thats Great Street, I only have the 1 and she turned 11 Dec.1st. We picked her up from school yesterday and as we were going home she wanted to go to Hobby Lobby to get a project to make something for her Mother. She said "I'll pay you back Papa" but of course i won't let that happen. She has to do the stuff like that over here so it will stay secret until Christmas. I'll keep enjoying these times while we can because as she gets closer to teen years it will probably change.

Today I finished all my required practice problems, online tests, and online video training for my role(s) in the AARP TaxAide program. DH hasn’t even begun, so I’ll get some review as he goes through the practice problems and asks me for help.

Thats Great Street, I only have the 1 and she turned 11 Dec.1st. We picked her up from school yesterday and as we were going home she wanted to go to Hobby Lobby to get a project to make something for her Mother. She said "I'll pay you back Papa" but of course i won't let that happen. She has to do the stuff like that over here so it will stay secret until Christmas. I'll keep enjoying these times while we can because as she gets closer to teen years it will probably change.

So Fun! Grandkids are the best. :smitten:
Ours are coming over tonight and we are going to see Santa and Mrs Clause. First time for the three year old!

Yes, those young minds and all that energy is a joy to be part of. Thanks to both of you and enjoy those grandkids. There really isn't anything better.

Brutally tough bike race today. Most of the course was deep mud from this weeks rains. No place to back off the gas and give the heart rate a break. Got the hole shot … first out of the gate and into the first turn. But that’s all the good news. Came in 7th out of a pack of 16.

Currently recovering in a very warm jacuzzi. Life is good again.

On Saturday, a group of us ventured into the mean streets of Washington DC to attend the Air Force band Season of Hope concert. Two of the couples in our group have children currently serving in the Air Force, so that made it special.

Before the concert, we were entertained by Fans of Morocco driving up and down Constitution Avenue waving flags, honking, and cheering for their World Cup victory. We are glad we came in from another direction :LOL:.

Afterwards we walked over to the Ellipse to see the National Christmas Tree, along with the smaller trees from the U.S. States & Territories. It was a nice setup, but they did not have any model trains set up as they have had in the past.

Despite all you hear about crime, we felt safe. Many families were out and about enjoying the evening. It was great to see folks from all backgrounds not only enjoying the tree displays, but helping each other take family pictures. A one point someone was calling out "is anyone missing a cell phone?" It was soon reunited with its owner. The type of stuff that never makes the news.

On the way home we stopped at a Golden Corral. This is the first time we have eaten in one in 4 years. The senior buffet price is up about 12% in 4 years, which tracks with inflation.

A long, but fun day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom