What did you do today? - 2022 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. We're doing about the same trip in March - 3 nights at Marriott Mena House, Nile cruise from Luxor to Aswan, then a week on the Red Sea scuba diving.
You'll love it. We stayed at the Mena House and then the Winter Palace in Luxor. This was our dahabiya from Luxor to Aswan (we had stopped for a swim in the Nile). 20221021_150206.jpg

The young wife on the dahabiya.20221019_172128.jpg

You are also going to have to scope out the appropriate size hills for the GD's sledding activites! :LOL:

True!! There are plenty of hills and to many trees at the ranch. We have some great spot for sledding out my back door and sled there all wintah. The work is walking back up to the top. Lol We had such a good time last year till that night when she got in a coughing fit from all that laughing and cold air.

Great idea and that is the season!

Gumby looks great!!!

Morning coffe at the favorite place, grocery run. Then dragged out the chimney brush and poles, got the ladder placed, played chimney sweep.
Schedule goof off for rest of day.

Morning coffe at the favorite place, grocery run. Then dragged out the chimney brush and poles, got the ladder placed, played chimney sweep.
Schedule goof off for rest of day.

AAckk! I don't let DH get near a ladder or the roof anymore!
You are a brave person.

We recently had our chimney rebuilt and cleaned this summer. Pieces of mortar were rolling down the roof. DH had done some repair work on his own several years ago. 62 year old home, some repairs are necessary!

The 5 inches of snow we got all melted here in the valley so went hunting in the AM. Came home and gathered up leaves again and hauled them out. Went for a couple mile walk and home getting lunch. My plan is to go out late afternoon again hunting.

AAckk! I don't let DH get near a ladder or the roof anymore!

I'll still go up a ladder to clean the gutters on our one-story house, which can be done with the separated lower half of my 24 foot extension ladder, but will no longer walk on sloped roofs.

Worked my fun part-time job at the rock quarry today.

Got home and packed up for a red-eye to Cancun for our annual “honeymoon” week. Love my dear bride … of nearly 40 years … and cherish the quality time with just the two of us.

Swim in the Nile? I thought it is infested with crocodiles.

4814714_3x2.jpg
There are no crocodiles north of the Aswan High Dam, or so they say. I didn't see any.
Although I must admit that I was the only one on the dahabiya who actually swam.

Last edited:
I like to swim in the ocean even though the sharks live there.

Replaced the wimpy 4 gauge wire I found when investigating why the starters seemed weak on the boat. Put in proper 2/0. Also found loose nut on a post, no lock washers.

Some people...

The starters on these engines are like 4X the size of automotive units.

Some travelers swam in the alluring water of the Nile, and got infected with a parasite called schistosomiasis. Fortunately, it is treatable with medicine.

Usual coffee run, then get furnace filter. $35.- . Last year it was $40.- plus change.
Got home, opened filter box of funrace. Always finds in there. This fall one dried bat, one dried mouse in the air box..
After removing them, new filter installed. Will see what the spring change will find.

I am cleaning up the kitchen after Anna set it on fire last night. She was making jambalaya after I went to bed and there was evidently a flash oil fire. She put it out but there's smoke damage all over the place. Not enough to notify the insurance company, but still a huge mess

I am cleaning up the kitchen after Anna set it on fire last night. She was making jambalaya after I went to bed and there was evidently a flash oil fire. She put it out but there's smoke damage all over the place. Not enough to notify the insurance company, but still a huge mess

Good thing that fire was contained.

Looks more like an alligator.:rolleyes:

Ummm, Wikipedia calls it a Nile crocodile.

And it does look like a crocodile to me.

The danger to a swimmer is the same though. :cool:

Alligator to the left, crocodile to the right:

alligator-crocodile.webp

Definitely a crocodile. Looks just like one of my last bosses. Same beady eyes, vampire fangs, cold blooded predator.

Looks more like an alligator.:rolleyes:

Definitely a crocodile. I have been around too many alligators while living in Florida and during all the years camping in the Okefenokee Swamp in south Ga. to confuse them.
Their attitudes are very different too. I would not trust a crocodile. They have a very bad outlook on life.

Cheers!

Yeah, Croc's have those long pointy snouts, gators the more rounded ones.

Finished up the batteries. Found another loose nut. Nine feet of 4g wire replaced with 6 feet of 2/0. All studs have SS nuts, washers and lock washers. Looking forward to starting the diesels soon.

Last edited:
10 mile hike with my group, 1400 ft of gain, with beautiful mountain and ocean views and a great breeze, hurried home after to shower and sit down to read 'Hamlet' after remembering that, oops, we had tickets to see it live on stage in two days. My approach is to read Sparknotes side by side with the play - Shakespeare is tough!

Pasta for dinner, then did my menu and grocery list for an upcoming RV trip, so we can squeeze in the shopping after another 10 mile hike tomorrow.

Life is good!

Winterized my lawn sprinklers. Last coat of varnish on a woodworking project. Drew plans for a mantel clock. Atv wouldn’t run even after my recent carb cleaning/ parts change, so I installed a new carburetor and it runs fine.

Yearly Dilated Eye exam later today, so doing all of my computer stuff now when I can see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom