Any way to be notified by email when you are Quoted in a post?

BeachOrCity

Full time employment: Posting here.
Hi There,
I looked all over and could not find this feature. Frequently when one posts on the forum they can subscribe to it, but the subscription only sends them a single email to just tell them there is a "new post" on the thread. It has no ability to keep sending emails until the user returns to the thread again. And it has no way to notify them specifically when they are quoted.
I find frequently people think I or others are ghosting them, when in reality they don't know they are being quoted in a response.

Is there a way to do this? Boggleheads has it in their SW, but I don't know if the SW for this forum supports this feature.

It is a nice thing to see, as is the notice of being thanked for a post.

i belong to several other forums...Pilots of America, RV.NET, IRV2.COM and others all of which after i have either subscribed (follow) to a thread or replied to a thread i receive an immediate e-mail notification of a subsequent reply. if i subscribe to a sub-forum i can receive an immediate e-mail each time a new thread is started in that sub-forum or, like here, a daily e-mail summary of new threads. too bad ER.ORG doesn't have these options.

I seem to recall that several people (NORD, for instance) pops up when they are mentioned in a post. How is that?

I seem to recall that several people (NORD, for instance) pops up when they are mentioned in a post. How is that?
Google search can be automated. Probably possible with other search engines too.

I use the iPhone app. It has push notification settings for several types of activity, including to notify you when you are quoted. I don’t use this feature, but it seems like this would fill your needs if it actually works.

Google search can be automated. Probably possible with other search engines too.
Nords has special powers.
I think he just does a search for his name or people give him a heads up
Waitwaitwait-- you guys aren't also subscribed to JDarnell's $250/month notification concierge service?

Just kidding. I try to log in here every weekend to search for keywords <Nord>, <Nords>, and <military>. People occasionally send me a PM or an e-mail to get my attention, too, and I appreciate the extra effort.

Google Alerts seems to work reliably, although I don't use it here.

I use the iPhone app. It has push notification settings for several types of activity, including to notify you when you are quoted. I don’t use this feature, but it seems like this would fill your needs if it actually works.

I have been using the app for while now and the notifications view is close to what I wanted and needed.

So thank you!

Back
Top Bottom