What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

FIFY. ;)

Both seasons are INCLUDED with a Paramount+ subscription.

Yes, that is what I meant. Potato Potahto

FWIW, I use PlayOn to schedule recording the episodes as they are released. I don't know if the direct viewing has commercials but with PlayOn there are none.

Yes, that is what I meant. Potato Potahto

FWIW, I use PlayOn to schedule recording the episodes as they are released. I don't know if the direct viewing has commercials but with PlayOn there are none.

No worries. Perhaps I should have put it in the "pet peeves" thread. :D

I think for the most part, if you are subscribed to the ad free version of whatever then that would apply to most (if not all?) platforms that are used.

Oh! I didn't remember purchasing a Paramount subscription. Guess what? It is part of the Amazon Prime package.

Looks like you still have to pay for it.

There are a lot of pay streaming services available through Prime. We were subscribing to one via Prime but went back to the service’s app because we liked the user interface better. Forget which one.

Last edited:
Looks like you still have to pay for it.

There are a lot of pay streaming services available through Prime. We were subscribing to one via Prime but went back to the service’s app because we liked the user interface better. Forget which one.

Are you sure? I pay nothing more than the standard Prime annual subscription fee -- $119. But TBH, I don't remember how I was able to login, although it seems like I was surprised that (what may have been) my generic password let me enter. In any event, I would not have been receptive to paying for it... or now.

I was just going by what is on the P+ web page you linked:

What are my plan options for the Paramount+ channel on Prime Video?
We currently have two plans to choose from:
Limited Commercial* - Stream with limited commercial interruptions for $5.99/month or $59.99/year.
Premium (formerly Commercial Free - all the benefits remain the same!) - Watch with no ads for just $9.99/month or $99.99/year. Please note that live TV streams have commercials, and a few shows include brief promotional interruptions to keep you in the loop on new and upcoming Paramount+ programming.

OTOH, if you are getting it for free maybe I should try it, too!

We started Manifest on Netflix a few weeks ago. Pretty good, so far. Kind of like Lost, minus the mysterious island, plus more time-travel shenanigans.

OTOH, Virgin River Season 3 has been a real disappointment. Not sure if we'll watch S4, given the downward trajectory. S3 has been a silly, soapy, rather boring mess.

We started Manifest on Netflix a few weeks ago. Pretty good, so far. Kind of like Lost, minus the mysterious island, plus more time-travel shenanigans.

OTOH, Virgin River Season 3 has been a real disappointment. Not sure if we'll watch S4, given the downward trajectory. S3 has been a silly, soapy, rather boring mess.
Sojourner,
I'm trying Manifest on your suggestion.
I liked it at first, because the premise seemed clever and interesting to me.
I'm in late season 1, and the story seems to keep getting more messy. I will keep going for awhile to give it a good chance.
Kind of silly, but fun.
Thanks for the recommendation.
JP

I'm halfway through the new "Clickbait" on Netflix. It's quite good!

I've just finished watching it. I really enjoyed it. I'd say it was as good as a good British crime drama.

I was just going by what is on the P+ web page you linked:

OTOH, if you are getting it for free maybe I should try it, too!

I was wrong. <blush> I don't pay for it directly because:

Where can I watch Paramount Network?
You can watch Paramount Network through any of the following streaming services: Philo, Hulu Live TV, Sling TV, fuboTV, YouTube TV, Vidgo, and DIRECTV Stream. These streaming services allow you to watch Paramount Network on streaming devices, mobile devices, and online just as if you had cable.

I subscribe to three of them.

I started watching Reservation Dogs on Hulu. It's the weirdest comedy that I've seen in quite some time. Definitely unique. And it makes me laugh. So I guess that is a recommendation for fans of the offbeat.

Just started watching "American Rust" on Showtime. Jeff Daniel's stars as a small town police chief in rural rust belt Pennsylvania. It looks good and reminds me of Mare of Easttown at least in the locale. Only two episodes available so far so no bingeing possible.

Just started watching "American Rust" on Showtime. Jeff Daniel's stars as a small town police chief in rural rust belt Pennsylvania. It looks good and reminds me of Mare of Easttown at least in the locale. Only two episodes available so far so no bingeing possible.
Yes we love Jeff and it seems to have good potential.

Sojourner,
I'm trying Manifest on your suggestion.
Kind of silly, but fun.
Thanks for the recommendation.

You are quite welcome. And yes, certain aspects of the show are so glaringly outlandish that it can be tough to just overlook them.

But, having said that, I am enjoying the show for the most part. Good acting and interesting, creative story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soj this is common on every TV show ever. I love the medical dramas where people go instantly from complex open heart surgeries to chatting with the doctor in the blink of an eye.. They just open their eyes and are go to go!!!

Reminder:

No spoilers, even not-so-new content.

People come here for ideas on what to watch, or to share what they have just discovered. Let them enjoy (or not!) finding out what happens for themselves....

(PS, if you see a spoiler, hit the report button, please don't quote it, thanks)
Just reupping as a reminder

“Guilt” on Masterpiece Mystery. Four episodes (45 or so min each) that were broadcast 2 at a time on live TV (so 2 hour-and-a-half segments). Two brothers driving home from a boozy wedding hit and kill an old man and attempt to cover it up. Many twists and turns follow. Set in Scotland so some may prefer subtitles until they get used to the burr. Grade of A- (I.e. 4 1/2 stars) from me.

Watched the first episode of "The Lost Symbol" on Peacock last night. This is a prequel with a young Robert Langdon. Looks like it might be interesting.
We have the free version of Peacock which includes commercials but there was only 1 and it was only a couple seconds. I imagine it'll be more as series goes along.

I was wrong. <blush> I don't pay for it directly because:

Where can I watch Paramount Network?
You can watch Paramount Network through any of the following streaming services: Philo, Hulu Live TV, Sling TV, fuboTV, YouTube TV, Vidgo, and DIRECTV Stream. These streaming services allow you to watch Paramount Network on streaming devices, mobile devices, and online just as if you had cable.

I subscribe to three of them.

Not sure if this is close to the same thing as I do not follow the network, but there is a paramount + picks on Pluto TV that is available for free streaming.

We recently subscribed to Apple+TV streaming using our Firestick.... $5/month.

DW and I are enjoying For All Mankind. She goes to bed and them I am hooked on Ted Lasso.... the fact that Rebecca is hot doesn't hurt either.

“Guilt” on Masterpiece Mystery. Four episodes (45 or so min each) that were broadcast 2 at a time on live TV (so 2 hour-and-a-half segments). Two brothers driving home from a boozy wedding hit and kill an old man and attempt to cover it up. Many twists and turns follow. Set in Scotland so some may prefer subtitles until they get used to the burr. Grade of A- (I.e. 4 1/2 stars) from me.

Thanks for this suggestion. Watched the first episode and loved it. Great dialogue, made me laugh. Looking forward to the rest of the episodes.

New to me

MR IN BETWEEN

3 seasons--
I am on season 2

On HULU

An Australian hitman navigates the life between his work and his family/private life--
sort of like The Sopranos, but following the life of one of the button men instead of the boss.
Each episode generally less than 30 minutes also makes it fly by...
WARNING- VIOLENT

I had literally never heard of HACKS before the Emmy awards last night. It cleaned up in its category including best writer and now its on my short list to start watching.

For once, I was happy to see many winners in shows I've watched and enjoyed including Queens Gambit, Ted Lasso and The Crown, which has to be one of the best shows on TV...entertaining and historically so enlightening.

Back
Top Bottom