What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Blue Bloods

We always bypassed Blue Bloods in the past.

Now hooked. With over a decade of episodes, hope it will see us out of the pandemic ; - )

Originally Posted by harllee
I am watching for All Mankind on Apple plus and really enjoying it. It is TV series about astronauts and a fictionalized space race with the Russians. It does it a very good job of developing the characters of the astronauts and their families. I have finished the first season and am starting the second season.

The second season is... different. To the point where I didn't bother finishing it.

Be interested on your take.

I've watched through season 1, episode 7. I'm kind of disappointed. Gone are the thrilling, nail biting space missions and coverage of astronauts in training. The show has now turned into a soap opera with an overt political slant to it. I do not welcome this development.

I’ve been watching Ted Lasso and I love it. I tried to get my husband to watch and he hated it. He couldn’t even get through the first episode.

All the British shows like Line of Duty, Vera, Shetland, Law and Order UK, and George Gently we watch.

Endeavour, on Amazon Prime.

Friends have been recommending it to me for some time, but I was never interested.

I really enjoyed the original Inspector Morse series many, many years ago, and in more recent years I enjoyed the Inspector Lewis series. I just never thought a "prequel" to Inspector Morse would live up to the same standards. To be honest, I've never been a fan of "prequels" of any kind.

I was so wrong! I watched the pilot for Endeavour last night, and it blew me away.

Last edited:
I've watched through season 1, episode 7. I'm kind of disappointed. Gone are the thrilling, nail biting space missions and coverage of astronauts in training. The show has now turned into a soap opera with an overt political slant to it. I do not welcome this development.

More or less what I was getting at. It gets worse in Season 2.

There are still some very thrilling scenes in Season 2 but they get far fewer and far more spread out. Disappointing for something with so much promise and such obvious care put in to its making (from a technical point of view).

Friends have been recommending it to me for some time, but I was never interested.

I really enjoyed the original Inspector Morse series many, many years ago, and in more recent years I enjoyed the Inspector Lewis series. I just never thought a "prequel" to Inspector Morse would live up to the same standards. To be honest, I've never been a fan of "prequels" of any kind.

I was so wrong! I watched the pilot for Endeavour last night, and it blew me away.

I think this prequel series is so intriguing as it gradually sets up the back story for why curmudgeonly confirmed bachelor Morse was the way he was as he solves crimes as the smartest man in the room.

PS If Shaun Evans and Freddie Highmore ever appear together in a BBC series, my heart will explode from joy.

I am watching for All Mankind on Apple plus and really enjoying it. It is TV series about astronauts and a fictionalized space race with the Russians. It does it a very good job of developing the characters of the astronauts and their families. I have finished the first season and am starting the second season.

Highly recommended!

We are waiting for the next season. :popcorn:

I started watching Endeavour, but it had a very old drama feel to it (because it is!) (the way music and camera angles used, sharpness of the screen, dialogue spacing, etc - all of which bug me), and I stopped, but maybe I should go back.

I think this prequel series is so intriguing as it gradually sets up the back story for why curmudgeonly confirmed bachelor Morse was the way he was as he solves crimes as the smartest man in the room.

PS If Shaun Evans and Freddie Highmore ever appear together in a BBC series, my heart will explode from joy.

I agree about the back story - it's very interesting.

I can't argue with your second statement! :D

We're watching the new season of SEX EDUCATION on Netflix. Great cast with Emma Mackey (who reminds everyone of Margo Robbie), Aimee Lou Wood and Gillian Anderson.

A teenage boy with a sex therapist mother teams up with a high school classmate to set up an underground sex therapy clinic at a British High School.

I have watched through season 1, episode 8.... while it is different and less thrilling... I don't see it as an "overt political slant"... and certainly not enough to object to.

What is ironic is that I think you are referring to the FBI investigation... and who was the head of the FBI at the time? Strange, eh?

I’ve been watching Ted Lasso and I love it. I tried to get my husband to watch and he hated it. He couldn’t even get through the first episode.
We were motivated by the Emmys too. Enjoying Ted Lasso. Funky and DW has some difficulties with the language of some characters. Being from Glasgow, I can interpret any British dialect.

We also tried Scenes From a Marriage. One episode and still wondering. It is very realistic if you like that sort of thing.

Just finished the second season of All Mankind on Apple Plus and I must say that the last few episodes were great and I can't wait for next season.

Some folks on here said they did not like the second season and quit watching mid-season. I would encourage them to go back and finish the second season. Those last couple episodes were really outstanding.

Just finished watching “Nine Perfect Strangers” (last episode dropped yesterday) on Hulu. Despite the “heavy” mature content (mental health, suicide,etc) it was very well done with a great cast headed by Nicole Kidman and intriguing characters. The ending was satisfying and made sense. I hope it gets Emmy consideration next year.

I love Endeavor. We also loved Morse. In fact, we named our tuxedo cat Morse in his honor.

My take as well.

Back
Top Bottom