What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Tigers are just the McGuffin. The real show is the out-of-this-world strangeness of the people.

Cult leaders calling out rivals for being cult leaders. The cult members who have money for elaborate tattoos and piercings but seemingly not for toothbrushes. Or casually prefer to amputate an injured hand rather than go through the surgery to repair it.

Watching "Tiger King" I kept thinking of an old Eddie Murphy standup routine. It went something like, "I went to visit a prison to show solidarity with the brothers, and I learned an important lesson... Thank God we got prisons!"

If I had made up this story and written it into a novel, it would be dismissed as "too unrealistic".

So true. Found it interesting and disturbing at the same time.

We've been watching William and Mary, a romantic drama, on Amazon Prime.

Martin Clunes from Doc Martin stars.

Last edited:
Discovered the new series called 'Run'. I think it's great. Likable characters.

Not sure they're likable.

Ruby left a husband and two kids, just dropped everything and ran out.

On the surface, it looks bad but we will learn more about the family situation, probably discover that it's nothing like it was depicted in that family picture.

Shtisel on Netflix, For us we decided to roll from our having just watched "Unorthodox" on recommendation from friend.
The series has been considered innovative for its treatment of an irregular group of Orthodox Jews by stripping them of their political associations and depicting them as "ordinary" people. 2 episodes in, its good, has subtitles.

Also Shira Haas who started in Unorthodox was in this from 2013, i said she looks familiar, Yup thats her......

Started watching "Almost Human" yesterday as it was recommended by a poster. A lot of action and some pretty good humor also. It's on Amazon Prime through IMDB, so it has commercials.

On the surface, it looks bad but we will learn more about the family situation, probably discover that it's nothing like it was depicted in that family picture.

I missed the first 15 minutes or so of the first episode, so I missed that she ran away from her family. I found out later by googling the show, since I was so happy to have found a drama 'worth watching', imho. I still want to like her and her college boyfriend she is running away with. Not sure what it is I like about the show. Maybe the chemistry between the two leads, and the fact that I think I understand them so well. (Although I can never imagine myself doing what they are doing). My temporary free HBO just stopped, so it's a moot thing, anyway, lol. I still get AMC (also free temporarily with COVID frenzy) so I will give 'Killing Eve' another try. Do I really want to? I don't know. Why punish myself, just cuz it's free, lol.

We took a break from series and started watching HBO comedy specials. Good for a belly laugh.

Just finished Win the Wilderness. A couple that built a home in remote Alaska was ready to leave and the series is about 6 couples vying to win the property. A British company did it so it was only UK couples which makes for some interesting problems once the show is done. The couple went with the British company because American companies seemed to want too much control.

cd :O)

We took a break from series and started watching HBO comedy specials. Good for a belly laugh.

i wish they were. with rare exception hollywood gas forgotten how to do comedy without resorting to bathroom "humor" or dropping the F-bomb in every other breath. we've been watching the old game shows on Buzzr and Game Show Network. :clap:

Season 4 of The Last Kingdom Just dropped, if you like that sort of thing. Not for the Squeamish.

I loved this series, so look forward to season 4 in spite of the violence. Yeah - many historical periods - Medieval, Roman, etc., the violence was a routine part of life it seems.

If you're interested in creepy...Penny Dreadful: City of Angels on Showtime. I liked the first Penny Dreadful with all the Gothic Literature characters. This one, not sure yet.

I had a fun chat about it today with an old friend in Chicago. We segued to other teams from the past, in particular the Celtics and Lakers (I lived for a time in Bird-era Boston).
Did you see the ESPN 30for30 3 part series on the Celtics-Lakers rivalry? It's mostly the Bird-Johnson years but shows a bit of earlier history too. I thought it was really good.

Finally watching Broadchurch. Finished season one. Very good.
Not a series, but watched the South Korean film, The Man From Nowhere, on Amazon. Not for everybody, quite violent, but well done. Reminded me of Man on Fire and Leon: The Professional. Be careful who you mess with.

On Netflix, I just watched I Am Not Ok With This and it was enjoyable, ended on a decent cliffhanger, I enjoyed the nods to things like The Breakfast Club and Carrie, and I want to see more. I also tried watching season two of Altered Carbon but it was just not grabbing me compared to season one.

In a different vein, if you like documentaries, Rotten is pretty interesting and mostly takes a "here are the issues" rather than "here is the solution" tack, though you can certainly hear the documentarians opinion in some of the tone.

where is run streaming?

Back
Top Bottom