What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

DW and I have been watching Grantchester on PBS... one or two episodes a night... just into season 2... it took a while but it has grown on me.

We finally settled on binge watching Breaking Bad. At times it felt like we were the last in the world to watch this show.

Don't tell me anything. Somehow, I've managed to miss most spoilers.

LOL, your Breaking Bad is my Downton Abbey. Another one is Game of Thrones (which I still haven't watched.)

Downton Abbey is fantastic. Very much my thing. I couldn't stop watching it either. The Dowager Countess is a wonderful character!

She's great, isn't she? She makes me laugh out loud a lot.

Not really new; in fact it’s already been cancelled...
Lodge 49 ran for 2 seasons on AMC before it got axed. Fan outcry prompted the producers to shop around for a new home, but to no avail. It is an ex-show.
But those 2 seasons have now turned up on Hulu and it’s quite good (I’d never heard of it before). Sort of a cross between The Big Lebowski and John From Cincinnati. Quirky and unpredictable. Enjoying it while it lasts.

Downton Abbey is fantastic. Very much my thing. I couldn't stop watching it either. The Dowager Countess is a wonderful character!

My DW was all about the TV show. I really couldn't be bothered to watch it. When the movie came out, she wanted to see it. Being the good husband that I am, I relented. I was pleasantly surprised at how entertaining it was. Of course I was lost on much of the back stories, but it was written well enough to keep a non-watcher of the TV series entertained.

LOL, your Breaking Bad is my Downton Abbey. Another one is Game of Thrones (which I still haven't watched.)
Oh gosh, you're set for 3 months.

"Dark" is my newest favorite. I've never liked time travel type science fiction but this one takes the cake.

Have been watching Alone Season 7 on History Channel. We went back and binged all of the old seasons on Netflix, Hulu, and Prime.

Just started Warrior Nun. Quirky but entertaining.

And it wasn't a series, but watched Old Guard on Netflix. Thought it was quite good.

cd :O)

DH and I are missing sports so we have started rewatching Friday Night Lights (about high school football in Texas). It is a great TV series for sports fans. Available on Youtube TV, Amazon Prime and Peacock.

Have been watching Alone Season 7 on History Channel. We went back and binged all of the old seasons on Netflix, Hulu, and Prime.

Just started Warrior Nun. Quirky but entertaining.

And it wasn't a series, but watched Old Guard on Netflix. Thought it was quite good.

cd :O)

I'm watching Warrior Nun also and watched Old Guard also. I enjoy both of them. Quirky is a good description.

I watched episode 1 of the new Perry Mason. That series was my father’s favorite TV show. This new series is interesting, quite dark, and definitely not my father’s Perry Mason. Season One hasn’t fully aired so I’ll hold off until all episodes are available.

Just finished the first season of For All Mankind on AppleTV. The series looks at an alternate history (and future) based on the premise the Soviet Union beat the USA to the moon and the space race continued. Really enjoyed the first season as the story follows history very closely and works in some interesting historical twists. (One small example: The the Soviets landed on the moon in mid July 1979 causing a huge political kerfuffle. Hearings were immediately called in Washington, resulting in Sen Ted Kennedy cancelling the party he'd planned to host on Chappaquiddick Island.)

Having lived through the space race and being enough of a space nerd to have really been interested in the program, I am really enjoying the "what if" aspects of the script. I think it is very well done.

Second season has been in the works since December but is no doubt delayed due to covid. Looking forward to the release.

Just finished the first season of For All Mankind on AppleTV. The series looks at an alternate history (and future) based on the premise the Soviet Union beat the USA to the moon and the space race continued. Really enjoyed the first season as the story follows history very closely and works in some interesting historical twists. (One small example: The the Soviets landed on the moon in mid July 1979 causing a huge political kerfuffle. Hearings were immediately called in Washington, resulting in Sen Ted Kennedy cancelling the party he'd planned to host on Chappaquiddick Island.)

Having lived through the space race and being enough of a space nerd to have really been interested in the program, I am really enjoying the "what if" aspects of the script. I think it is very well done.

Second season has been in the works since December but is no doubt delayed due to covid. Looking forward to the release.

I watched the entire season as well. After the first couple episodes I was struggling with liking it. The premise just made America look so pathetic and hapless. The other thing I didn’t care for was the political leanings and silly injections into the plot. However, for some reason I stuck with it. And have to say it got better imo. The final few episodes were good. When they focus on just the space stuff it was more interesting. Overall, I’m on the fence. But will give season 2 a try.

Psst. It's a work of fiction. We're still good. :D

Are we? Haha. It took me a while to accept the premise in Man in the High Castle that we lost the war. So, I guess it’s just a personal problem. A lot of folks worked awfully hard and even died to make those two actual historical facts happen the way they did. Wonder what it is about us that wants to envision history the opposite way? I know. I know. It’s just entertainment. And I must agree, since I did in fact watch both shows.

I’m ready for someone to write an alternative history to this COVID plague. It never happens, and we go on living life as before. That’s one I’d happily watch.

I’m ready for someone to write an alternative history to this COVID plague. It never happens, and we go on living life as before. That’s one I’d happily watch.

Sounds a lot like the show that is currently on several networks most weekday afternoons.;)

I'm watching Warrior Nun also and watched Old Guard also. I enjoy both of them. Quirky is a good description.

I watched both of those. I enjoyed them, but thought they could have done better.

If you like quirky, I'm nearly finished with Undone on Amazon Prime. It's one of those rotovision animation shows, where they use real actors and draw over them. Like Alita: Battle Angel (which btw was pretty good). As a matter of fact, the lead in Undone played Alita, so she's got this animation stuff down.

Anyway, it's truly quirky, sort of time travely, mystical, smart alecky. I wasn't expecting anything, and we've been watching two episodes at a time because it's hard to stop. So check it out.

A lot of folks worked awfully hard and even died to make those two actual historical facts happen the way they did. Wonder what it is about us that wants to envision history the opposite way?

Because it could easily have ended the other way. I have to believe that folks on both sides put into it equally. In fact, I don't recall ever reading (or hearing about) either side thinking it (Specifically WWII but any conflict) was a "cake walk" with a preordained conclusion.

AMAZON PRIME: 4Presidents: A movie,not a series, depicting the development of the USAsFederal Reserve Bank;and the 3rd Bank of Americas historic formulation. AFAIK there have been:3: Bank of America, banks since 1776ish.

Seems to display the commonality w/todays woes of the USAs economic system, development and such. Seems factual'ish.
I'd suggest it be rated R! Restricted to interested contrarians.:yawn:
Best wishes.....

We watched the first two episodes of "Fear City: New York v The Mafia" and it's been very entertaining. It's a documentary that focuses on several FBI agents that involved in taking down the mafia families as well as a few folks who were members of the mafia. It's a Netflix documentary.

I watched episode 1 of the new Perry Mason. That series was my father’s favorite TV show. This new series is interesting, quite dark, and definitely not my father’s Perry Mason. Season One hasn’t fully aired so I’ll hold off until all episodes are available.

it gets better, i almost passed after Ep1, but after 3 or so I'm enjoying it.

Back
Top Bottom