What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

IMO, it was about the ruthless win in times of survival and creating wealth.

Yes, but enough about Yellowstone...

I tried to watch Yellowstone and got about 4 episodes into it, then quit. It seems every main character on the show is a <spoilers> (not a very good person.)

Yes, but enough about Yellowstone...

I tried to watch Yellowstone and got about 4 episodes into it, then quit. It seems every main character on the show is a <spoilers> (not a very good person.)

Beth has a lot of redeeming qualities [emoji4]

Only Murders in the Building. Well written. All star cast and a few surprises. On Hulu.

Started "Brokenwood Mysteries Season 8" New Zealand comedic (sort of) crime procedural. A little farfetched but good for light entertainment.

One of my favorites. DW and I have gone through the whole series twice and still occasionally pick one out to watch. Season 7 Episode 3, "Dog Day Morning" about a bunch of bungling bank robbers, is my favorite. I think it even won some sort of award for mystery shows.

I love how the supporting characters - and they are indeed characters! - recur throughout the series.

The Chosen Season 3 will be streaming on the app soon. Episodes 1 & 2 did well in theaters. Early reviews are that the series continues to be great.

I also watched Testament which was very interesting. I’m hoping they will get funding to turn that into a series.

Just started watching Tulsa King on Paramount Plus. It stars Sylvester Stallone as a mob guy released from prison after 25 years only to find out that the family has nothing for him in NY so they send him to Tulsa to "run the town". Its great seeing Sly back and he is perfect for this role. Only 3 episodes released so far, but this has great potential with many twists and some very funny parts. Would definitely recommend checking it out. Paramount Plus has a black Friday deal offering 1 year for 50% off or just $24.99.

Started "Quantum Leap" 2022 version. Deleted it after 2 episodes. Terrible acting and sad plots. Yawn.

I gave it a few episodes but it's one of the few network shows that I don't watch.

Started "Andor" deleted after 2.5 episodes. Other than some good makeup and some very un-aerobatic flying machines it was not good, at least IMHO. Seems like Lucas Films milking Star Wars for all they can get. This one failed.

Just started watching Tulsa King on Paramount Plus. It stars Sylvester Stallone as a mob guy released from prison after 25 years only to find out that the family has nothing for him in NY so they send him to Tulsa to "run the town". Its great seeing Sly back and he is perfect for this role. Only 3 episodes released so far, but this has great potential with many twists and some very funny parts. Would definitely recommend checking it out. Paramount Plus has a black Friday deal offering 1 year for 50% off or just $24.99.

I also like Tulsa King so far. If you are a Sly fan then definitely check it out.

I finished Bosch Legacy last night, but didn’t like the ending and probably won’t watch if they continue the series. The plot and writing isn’t good. There are elements of a Connelly story but they are overshadowed by mediocre Hollywood script writing and the continuous, never ending plot.

Still enjoying (and struggling with) The Peripheral, first season is almost done. I still like the book's story better, but I AM interested in the show's version of things too and they finally added the best character even if they aren't as good as the book and the relationship with the main character is much more problematic because of the pointless changes they made to the story.

Watched Season 2 of Warrior Nun on Netflix, which was frustrating because I liked the worldbuilding and basically nothing else... :p mediocre dialog, silly action, too much stuff happening because it needs to for the plot as written, etc. but the I like the world and the tech/magic and want to see the explanations. Basically it feels like watching a CW show built off somebody's kinda crappy RPG session, and I want the RPG rules and setting books. :p

Started Wednesday on Netflix, two episodes in, it suffers from some of the same problems as Warrior Nun, but I'm enjoying it in small doses because the campiness and stupidity is part of the theme in that case. A bit too one note, so far, and she better not learn the power of friendship but I'm pretty sure she will.

Started 1899 which has serious Lost vibes. If it doesn't end up pointless and muddled, it could be good, though it is NOT subtle with the symbols of the mystery (sledgehammer to the face really, which hopefully doesnt mean ham fisted writing, but we will see, three episodes in and enjoying it).

I very much enjoyed the very end of this episode of peripheral. "its a doodad"

Not a series, Good Night Oppy on Amazon Prime was great, documentary about the Spirit and Opportunity rovers mission to Mars. Well worth the time to watch it. :)

One of my favorites. DW and I have gone through the whole series twice and still occasionally pick one out to watch. Season 7 Episode 3, "Dog Day Morning" about a bunch of bungling bank robbers, is my favorite. I think it even won some sort of award for mystery shows.

I love how the supporting characters - and they are indeed characters! - recur throughout the series.

on what platform did you watch the brokenwood mysteries? thanks

Chippendales on Hulu. True story, interesting story, beyond just a male strip club.

I just finished watching 2 seasons of "Ted Lasso" and 3 seasons of "For All Mankind" on Apple TV+. I enjoyed both of them. I don't see any more series on Apple TV+ that intrigue me enough to watch them. I will watch a few of the movies that are available that look interesting and then probably cancel my subscription until Ted Lasso season 3 comes out. I only signed up a couple weeks ago, so this will be a one-month use and then move on.

I just finished watching 2 seasons of "Ted Lasso" and 3 seasons of "For All Mankind" on Apple TV+. I enjoyed both of them. I don't see any more series on Apple TV+ that intrigue me enough to watch them. I will watch a few of the movies that are available that look interesting and then probably cancel my subscription until Ted Lasso season 3 comes out. I only signed up a couple weeks ago, so this will be a one-month use and then move on.

I signed up for the free 3 month trial. We dropped it after a month. There just wasn’t that much on Apple that intrigued us. We find better options at Hulu and we locked in the Black Friday $1.99 a month for a year deal.

Have you tried "The Morning Show" and "Severence"? Both were very good on Apple TV+. I agree that there is not as much great content as on Hulu and some of the other streaming services, but we get Apple TV+ for free with our T-Mobile Over 55 Magenta Max phone plan. I am also waiting for the next season of Ted Lasso to drop. It would have been great if it came out around now to coincide with the World Cup.
Also, "They call me Magic" about Magic Earvin Johnson, was a good 4 part documentary on Apple TV+ released earlier this year.

Have you tried "The Morning Show" and "Severence"? Both were very good on Apple TV+. I agree that there is not as much great content as on Hulu and some of the other streaming services, but we get Apple TV+ for free with our T-Mobile Over 55 Magenta Max phone plan. I am also waiting for the next season of Ted Lasso to drop. It would have been great if it came out around now to coincide with the World Cup.
Also, "They call me Magic" about Magic Earvin Johnson, was a good 4 part documentary on Apple TV+ released earlier this year.

I watched a few episodes of The Morning Show and didn't care for it. I'll look again at Severance. Magic doesn't interest me really. Thanks for the suggestions.

Beth has a lot of redeeming qualities [emoji4]

Disclaimer: We are Yellowstone fans and couldn’t agree more.

We didn’t like Beth for the first several episodes. Once you learn her backstory, you will be cheering for her. She makes the show worth watching. If you look online, you will see how much people like her character.

Back
Top Bottom