What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

I dont have paramount but my good friend said he enjoyed Texas 6. Story about 6 man football.

Started "1899" Very weird ...... but compelling at the same time. First 3 episodes were very slow, but then it started to get interesting. Difficult to just trash, so we will watch the complete season.

I couldn’t take how slow this was. I skipped ahead to the last episode. Shocker!

One gets the impression they are experimenting to find out which will make the most $$s.

They pulled this same business trick with Better Call Saul. Very frustrating to say the least. It makes me want to wait until a series is all over, then buy the entire series on DVD for $20 a year later.

We are a couple of episodes into season 3 of "Dead to Me" and not sure if we will finish it...

Wrapped up "Clarkson's Farm" this weekend and found it quite entertaining (on AMZN). It will have a season 2 and 3.

Last edited:
I watched the first season of Peripheral and based on the ending of season 1, I don't know anything.

I think the last episode was a jumbled mess, really showing off the issues with the writing. The book is MUCH better than the first season of the show. The show I will watch if they make a second season, but if not, fine, I was entertained enough even if the ending annoyed me that it can end there and I'm ok.

I'm going to go reread The Peripheral and Agency now. :)

Started "1899" Very weird ...... but compelling at the same time. First 3 episodes were very slow, but then it started to get interesting. Difficult to just trash, so we will watch the complete season.

I felt like the season paid off well, it could not get a second season and would be satisfying, but has a great setup for a season two as well. I enjoyed the journey, and the Making Of video they have on Netflix for it is a fun watch too. It is pretty obvious the whole crew really enjoyed making the show.

I've watched two episodes of Wednesday. I was a bit hesitant since I never could get interested in the original Addams Family TV show. But, after two episodes I am hooked. What I especially like is the great repartee between Wednesday and those who wish to torment or change her. I hope the writers can keep that up. The story line isn't bad either since there is a mystery to be solved.

Just finished the season, I enjoyed it, despite having lots of nits to pick. I feel like the mystery was good even though I'd "solved" the mystery before the end (and making the audience feel smart for figuring out a mystery is part of the technique) I'm down for any of the potential season twos they set up, lol.

We finished the last season of Doc Martin on Acorn - well, except for the Christmas special coming up in a few weeks. I thought the show’s final season was as good as the first. We’re gonna miss ya, Doc. :(

Criminal Minds: Evolution.

Sort of new :popcorn:.

Criminal Minds: Evolution.

Sort of new :popcorn:.

I just found out about that yesterday so I got caught up. Glad it's back but I have to remember to watch it earlier in the day so I don't get bad dreams.

I just found out about that yesterday so I got caught up. Glad it's back but I have to remember to watch it earlier in the day so I don't get bad dreams.

Since now on streaming, the show could get away with more stuff than on network tv. Even more graphic :(, if you can believe that. I'm glad the show is still on in one form or another.

Watched “Harry and Meghan” on Netflix, first three episodes and thought it was very good. A lot of surprising things we didn’t know and they are a very likable couple. It is one-sided as the rest of the Royal family refused to participate.

Can’t wait for the season finale of White Lotus on HBO Max on Sunday. It’s been very good and I am waiting for the big reveal ending.

Has anyone watched the new Will Smith movie Emancipation on Apple TV+ yet? Controversy about Will Smith’s actions at the Oscars aside, it’s supposed to be a tremendous performance by him and was released now for Oscar consideration for this year.

Watched Emily the Criminal last night on Netflix. Solid little crime drama starring Aubrey Plaza and Theo Rossi. Just over an hour and a half. It's about a college grad down on her luck that gets drawn into credit card fraud in Los Angeles.

Finished "The Peripheral" was not impressed with it. Found ourselves fast forwarding through it. Not sure why some folks here liked it.

Started Big Sky Season 3, so far so good.

Finished "The Peripheral" was not impressed with it. Found ourselves fast forwarding through it. Not sure why some folks here liked it.

Started Big Sky Season 3, so far so good.

The Peripheral was slow and we might not finish it. DW and I think that a lot of streaming shows are purposefully slow. Seems like they take a half hour show and stretch it to an hour. We're also watching "Dead to Me" and it's really slow as well. We're juggling five shows, and none of them are really compelling.

• The English - it's OK but it can be very slow
  • Fleishman in in Trouble - slow and mostly boring
  • Only Murders in the Building - not bad, but not compelling either
  • 1899 - Quit it. Couldn't stay awake.

Last edited:
Speaking of purposefully slow. I’ve watched 2-3 documentaries recently. Something I don’t normally do. They were interesting but silly slow. Drawn out into 3 episodes when 1 would do.

Also, The Watcher comes to mind of a series that was stupid slow.

Can’t wait for the season finale of White Lotus on HBO Max on Sunday. It’s been very good and I am waiting for the big reveal ending.

I see people talking about White Lotus everywhere and DW and I tried to watch it. We managed to get thru five episodes, hated them all, and gave up. Apparently wealthy white people are all horrible. But even if you agree with that, I just don't see how watching them be horrible is entertaining. It's hard to watch a show where you don't like any of the characters.

On the other hand, Slow Horses on Apple is exceptionally good, mainly thanks to Gary Oldman.

Dumped Motherland Fort Salem .... Yawn.

Started The Cleaning Lady Season 2 Much better.
We finished The Cleaning Lady. Honestly, it got a little far out. If you've started season 2, might as well finish since a lot happens.

It sets up a different style season 3, or ends the series. TBD. Ratings dropped, so this may be it.

I started The Peripheral. My short attention span didn't handle it well. I couldn't finish the first episode. I fear my new initiative to try and watch more streaming TV shows may not go well.

I did find more episodes of the old Time Team series that I haven't seen on Amazon Prime, so I started to watch those. Time Team would probably be called a reality series in today's world, I guess. It follows a group of British archeologists as they spend 3 days digging up a historical site in search of clues about what really was there a long time ago.

Finished White Orchid but hated the ending. Oh well, the season entertained me, if not quite as much as the first.

Started watching "The Chosen", it's available on Prime and also on BYUTV with a free account. Enjoyable series about the Apostles and how they became followers.
And if you're not interested just move along.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom