What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

For those who have watched/are watching Masters of The Air" (Apple TV+) the attached link to an article reveals that the 100th bomb group and the airmen portrayed are real. I did not know that. Quoting from the article:

"The group earned the nickname "The Bloody Hundredth" because they sustained the heaviest losses of any U.S. combat unit in the war."

A documentary about the 'Bloody Hundreth' has or is being produced. I'm trying to locate where that can be seen and will post if/when I'm successful.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/masters-air-companion-doc-director-praises-wwii-series-very-authentic-what-real-men-endured

The series finale airs tonight, March 15th.

I started "Masters of the Air" last night, first 2 episodes. While not as intense or engrossing as "Band of Brothers" (what is?) it was still pretty good. Will continue.

One thing I noticed that struck me after the fact. Here is a group of airmen at a bar and not one of them is smoking a cigarette! Hmmm...

Started "The Gentlemen" yet another gangster style British Flick. Quite watchable. NetFlix according to the into screen.

I finished this recently. The scenario is close enough to my own situation that it was fun to watch. How to wiggle out of inherited responsibility for a business rather than being sucked in? :confused:

I started "Masters of the Air" last night, first 2 episodes. While not as intense or engrossing as "Band of Brothers" (what is?) it was still pretty good. Will continue.

One thing I noticed that struck me after the fact. Here is a group of airmen at a bar and not one of them is smoking a cigarette! Hmmm...

There's a famous poster that shows a photograph of an old style bush pilot who flew airmail across the the USA. On one of his hands he making a rather odd V shaped sign. The poster is famous for having the cigarette in his hand removed in later years when smoking became a No No.

For those who have watched/are watching Masters of The Air" (Apple TV+) the attached link to an article reveals that the 100th bomb group and the airmen portrayed are real. I did not know that. Quoting from the article:

"The group earned the nickname "The Bloody Hundredth" because they sustained the heaviest losses of any U.S. combat unit in the war."

A documentary about the 'Bloody Hundreth' has or is being produced. I'm trying to locate where that can be seen and will post if/when I'm successful.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/masters-air-companion-doc-director-praises-wwii-series-very-authentic-what-real-men-endured

The series finale airs tonight, March 15th.

Gal's Dad, tail gunner in the Invasion 2, went down over Bremen in '43 after 24 missions. Spent the next couple years in prison camps. We haven't watched Masters of the Air yet. Feel strongly that she is shaped by her Dad's experiences before her birth.

Good information site:

https://www.americanairmuseum.com/archive/unit/100th-bomb-group

Watched "Hightown" Season 3. Definitely an acquired taste, Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll :).

Started "3 People Problem" Interesting concept Sci-Fi, keeping us intrigued.

Last night I watched the first episode of “The 3 body problem” on Netflix. It’s a US adaptation of the Chinese sci-fi story by Liu Cixin. The books (3) were top notch sci-fi and the story complex. The first season is 8 episodes, all released. I liked it and thought they did a good job of simplifying the story line to make it easier to turn into a limited series.

Not exactly a new series but I'm watching "Damages" on Hulu. I'm four episodes into season 1. Written by one of the writers for The Sopranos.

Story is about a high powered attorney played by Glenn Close. She's conniving, ruthless, and demanding and almost always wins. The very definition of a shark lawyer.

The other main character is a woman fresh out of law school, played by Rose Byrne, who gets hired by Close's firm. She's very bright but a bit naive.

Ted Danson plays a (somewhat stereotypical) evil CEO of a large company that is being sued by Glenn Close. This role allows him to show that he's actually a good actor.

Glenn's character begins to manipulate Byrne's character to achieve her goals on the lawsuit. Let's just say that it's very intriguing. Plays like a really good John Grisham novel with layers and layers of deception, double crosses, and twists and turns.

Haven't gotten to any courtroom scenes yet but am confident they will be explosive. Will continue.

Last night I watched the first episode of “The 3 body problem” on Netflix. It’s a US adaptation of the Chinese sci-fi story by Liu Cixin. The books (3) were top notch sci-fi and the story complex. The first season is 8 episodes, all released. I liked it and thought they did a good job of simplifying the story line to make it easier to turn into a limited series.

I found the first book dull and never finished it. So far, 3 episodes in, I feel the same way about the series...:LOL:

Y(SciFi)MV

Finally got around to watching "True Detective" Season 4 with Jody Foster, so far so good. There is just so much content out there so one never ever needs cable tv again. Reaffirms our desires never to live in Alaska and even us ever visiting is a remote concept.

Last edited:
Watch the series Pearson, which is a spin-off of Suits. Only 1 season though. Don't understand why it was canceled, thought it was well done with really good acting.

We just watched Bob Marley's One Love Movie. I thought it was very good. As a teenager and right up till now I have always liked good Reggae music. I think the movie did justice to it. It certainly brought back memories for my earlier years in London.

As a young man my friends and I saw Bob Marley & the Wailers live at the Hammersmith Odeon in London (Where we lived). I will NEVER forget it. Bob Marley Died of cancer at 36 in 1981, I was still living in London and had not yet moved to North America. Even though his wish of peace to all races and nations has not yet come to fruition, may he RIP.

Last edited:
Finally got around to watching "True Detective" Season 4 with Jody Foster, so far so good. There is just so much content out there so one never ever needs cable tv again. Reaffirms our desires never to live in Alaska and even us ever visiting is a remote concept.
I thought it was pretty good, although I didn't like the ending so much, but I won't spoil that. I wouldn't really want to go to Alaska, either, but partly because of how far it is.

Bob Marley Died of cancer at 36 in 1981, I was still living in London and had not yet moved to North America. Even though his wish of peace to all races and nations has not yet come to fruition, may he RIP.
Hmmm. I have heard of Bob Marley from time to time. I'm not sure I even knew he had died, let alone so long ago at such a young age. It's kinda outside my circle of entertainment.

Not exactly a new series but I'm watching "Damages" on Hulu. I'm four episodes into season 1. Written by one of the writers for The Sopranos.

Story is about a high powered attorney played by Glenn Close. She's conniving, ruthless, and demanding and almost always wins. The very definition of a shark lawyer.

The other main character is a woman fresh out of law school, played by Rose Byrne, who gets hired by Close's firm. She's very bright but a bit naive.

Ted Danson plays a (somewhat stereotypical) evil CEO of a large company that is being sued by Glenn Close. This role allows him to show that he's actually a good actor.

Glenn's character begins to manipulate Byrne's character to achieve her goals on the lawsuit. Let's just say that it's very intriguing. Plays like a really good John Grisham novel with layers and layers of deception, double crosses, and twists and turns.

Haven't gotten to any courtroom scenes yet but am confident they will be explosive. Will continue.
Excellent series! I watched it back in 2011. Every episode on the edge of my seat. Well well-written and Glenn Close is a formidable villain.

Excellent series! I watched it back in 2011. Every episode on the edge of my seat. Well well-written and Glenn Close is a formidable villain.

Agreed. I'm through episode 8. I must say that watching this show is exhausting. The writers seem to be working overtime as every character, no matter how inconsequential appearing has something big happen to them.

For example, Rose's parents are in trouble. I couldn't care less about Patty Hewe's son but he's got a significant role. They already used Katie's dog in the story line I suppose the writers could get Patty's dog involved somehow. LOL.

IMO, the jury is still out. I must see how future episodes handle that material in the book. I can see how the time jumping around from 1960's China to current days confuses people. However, time is one of the critical factors facing humanity in the book.

IMO, the jury is still out. I must see how future episodes handle that material in the book. I can see how the time jumping around from 1960's China to current days confuses people. However, time is one of the critical factors facing humanity in the book.

I’m a couple episodes in. Never read or even heard of the book. So, I’ve no idea what the story gist is. I just hope they explain some things sooner rather than later. I’m liking it so far, but not much has been explained. I hate shows that go on and never offer explanations so you can see the plot line

I have watched enough of the Three Body Problem to find it very interesting. And to find that it is almost nothing like the story in the book. For SciFi fans this is an opportunity to view and enjoy an interesting TV show, and later on to read and enjoy a very good trilogy. Enjoy both.

I have a couple of episodes of the Three Body Problem left and enjoying it more than I expected. I think the adaptions they made from the book work - so far. It will be interesting to see how the series progresses.

I’ve read and enjoyed the books. I also watched the Chinese version of Three Body Problem. The Chinese version follows the first book closely, but that’s easier to do when you have 30 episodes. It definitely could have been shorter and the production quality is not on par with the Netflix version.

Boy, just finished season 1 of 3 Body Problem. Loved it. Best sci-fi I’ve seen in a good while. Can’t wait for season 2.

Finished Queen Charlotte (A Bridgerton Story) S01. DW Loved the costumes, it was well done and typical of these types of fictional reenactments. UK George III (Mad George) story, based loosely on the Bridgerton Series.

Just finished Nolly - on now on local PBS stations and you can stream the entire 3 episodes if you have a PBS Passport. Helen Bonham Carter - excellant.

Starting Shogun - on now on FX but I'm streaming it on Hulu. Also excellant, the European dialog is in English, Japanese dialog in Japanese with subtitles.

Agreed. I'm through episode 8. I must say that watching this show is exhausting. The writers seem to be working overtime as every character, no matter how inconsequential appearing has something big happen to them.

Finished "Damages." The ending was not to my liking. In fact, it was ridiculously unbelievable. I won't be watching S2. I hope the writer is unemployed.

I watched all series/episodes of Damages like a decade ago (a long time ago) and just recently. True, some parts are far-fetched and unbelievable but I loved it.

Watching the 8 Body Problem (EP2 now) and I like it so far. Keeping me on my toes.

I watched all series/episodes of Damages like a decade ago (a long time ago) and just recently. True, some parts are far-fetched and unbelievable but I loved it.

Watching the 8 Body Problem (EP2 now) and I like it so far. Keeping me on my toes.

Could’ve sworn it was just 3 bodies in that problem. But inflation is effecting everything these days.

Back
Top Bottom