I've got Covid.... The thread for your covid experiences

She is relatively healthy but is Medicare age.

Does living with me make her an "at risk person?"

She is calling around trying to get something to make her feel better. We have all the standard things. Wonder if Tom Selleck or Jason Momoa.... No, never mind that thought.

If you have CVS locally, you may check to see whether they have “test to treat” there. That’s where I’d go in my area.

If you have CVS locally, you may check to see whether they have “test to treat” there. That’s where I’d go in my area.

We have a CVS but their test to treat is really "minute clinic" in their world. Closest Minute Clinic is one hour away and requires appointments.

Good idea, though.

She is calling around trying to get something to make her feel better. We have all the standard things. Wonder if Tom Selleck or Jason Momoa.... No, never mind that thought.

I believe anyone Medicare age with a positive test and symptoms would qualify.

I did a telehealth appointment with my doctor when I had Covid in September.
My symptoms were mild so he said I didn’t need the antiviral which was fine with me. I felt like I had a cold.
He said to take zinc, vitamin c, drink lots of water, and rest. I also said I was taking mucinex for the congestion.
Dr. said to contact him if symptoms got worse.

I think a lot of people who feel “ok” and continue about their daily business and then wonder why they don’t feel better.
I personally sat on the couch for 2 days- day 2 and 3, most of day 4, and on day 5 I woke up feeling fine.

I hope that your wife gets an appointment to at least consult with a dr.

I mentioned in another thread that I tested positive for Covid on Thursday morning 1/5. I woke up every early that morning with chills and could tell I had a fever. A few hours later I took the home test(2 actually) to confirm. I also had a 101.5 fever compared to my normal temp of 97.4 and a horrible headache. Thursday and Friday were rough but the fever broke and all that was left was some congestion and coughing. The coughing is seldom but it's a hacking cough with occasional wheezing. Last 3 days have stayed steady with minor congestion and occasional hacking cough. I didn't go to doctor or take any medicine except for Tylenol the first couple days when I had a really bad headache. Hoping the cough will decrease soon as I know that is something that can linger and I really don't want it to.

Mirrors my experience to a tee and to the same date as well. I did have my PCP call in a script for a regimen of plaxovid which I finished yesterday. Still have the residual sinus congestion/draining and intermittent cough. Been twice vaxxed as well as boosted and have absolutely no idea how I picked it up.

Last edited:
DW had a virtual visit with her PCP when she tested positive. The doctor sent the Paxlovid prescription to our local CVS. I picked it up 30 minutes later. That was Day 3 of her symptoms.

My positive test came on a weekend, so I couldn't reach my PCP. I had a virtual visit with the local Minute Clinic. They were able to prescribe Paxlovid, and again, I picked it up 30 minutes later at CVS.

It's my understanding that the CVS Pharmacist can also prescribe Paxlovid after a brief phone evaluation. I tried that first but the Minute Clinic seemed to be set-up more efficiently for this.

We're both fully vaccinated and, with the Paxlovid, had very minor symptoms... like a cold that lasts 4-5 days. We each had one day with a low-grade fever (~99.5).

About 5-6 days after recovering and testing negative, we both had recurrence of symptoms. But neither of us tested positive again. I was sick for another 5 days or so. DW has been sick on-and-off for about a month.

One of the guys I play hockey with let us all know that he had come down with Covid a couple days after a game last March. Pretty much everyone on one team got it and a few on the other team. I tested positive but honestly wouldn't have known I had it otherwise. Most everyone else was pretty mild although one said was like a bad cold and a second had grumbly fatigue for a few weeks after. Thankful for vaccines!

DW had a virtual visit with her PCP when she tested positive. The doctor sent the Paxlovid prescription to our local CVS. I picked it up 30 minutes later. That was Day 3 of her symptoms.

My positive test came on a weekend, so I couldn't reach my PCP. I had a virtual visit with the local Minute Clinic. They were able to prescribe Paxlovid, and again, I picked it up 30 minutes later at CVS.

It's my understanding that the CVS Pharmacist can also prescribe Paxlovid after a brief phone evaluation. I tried that first but the Minute Clinic seemed to be set-up more efficiently for this.

We're both fully vaccinated and, with the Paxlovid, had very minor symptoms... like a cold that lasts 4-5 days. We each had one day with a low-grade fever (~99.5).

About 5-6 days after recovering and testing negative, we both had recurrence of symptoms. But neither of us tested positive again. I was sick for another 5 days or so. DW has been sick on-and-off for about a month.

This a very very almost expected occurrence with Paxlovid I'm not certain why they continue to want people to take it..in alot of people it seems to be actually shutting down their immune response to Covid at exactly the wrong time. Did you take Paxlovid for the second time or let your body deal with it? I see you didn't retest positive so wouldn't have offered a second dose.

This a very very almost expected occurrence with Paxlovid I'm not certain why they continue to want people to take it..in alot of people it seems to be actually shutting down their immune response to Covid at exactly the wrong time. Did you take Paxlovid for the second time or let your body deal with it? I see you didn't retest positive so wouldn't have offered a second dose.
Actually, rebound is apparently common among covid cases even in the absence of Paxlovid treatment. From https://www.everydayhealth.com/coronavirus/covid-rebound-is-real-and-surprisingly-common/:
The research...concluded that COVID-19 recovery is “variable and undulating” and that symptoms often return even after a person appears to have beaten the virus. The investigators followed 158 people diagnosed with COVID-19, none of whom were treated with Paxlovid. Over the course of the 29-day study, the researchers found that around one-third of those who seemed to have completely recovered (meaning they were symptom-free for two consecutive days) reported the return of one or more COVID-19 issues — most commonly cough, fatigue, or headache.

Actually, rebound is apparently common among covid cases even in the absence of Paxlovid treatment. From https://www.everydayhealth.com/coronavirus/covid-rebound-is-real-and-surprisingly-common/:

Interesting it's retesting positive after a negative test with the Plaxlovid that I find interesting. I'm neither for or against the Plax....everyone should do what they think is best....for myself I think I'd let my body duke it out with the Covid. I've been vaxxed 3 times.. At this point I'm not sure Covid will ever leave the building.

Last edited:

My PCP said he recommends Paxlovid for his patients over 60. The risk associated with rebound is very small compared to the risk of having a serious, prolonged case of Covid, possibly requiring hospitalization. Also, rebound occurs with or without Paxlovid. He specifically said that he's never had a 60+ patient require hospitalization after taking Paxlovid. But he has seen fully-vaccinated individuals require hospitalization when they didn't take it.

BTW, DW's PCP said exactly the same things. So we were both very comfortable taking it.

In our cases, neither of us tested positive again. So I'm not really sure that's even an official "rebound." But it does appear to be a common occurrence, whether related to Paxlovid or not.

My PCP said he recommends Paxlovid for his patients over 60. The risk associated with rebound is very small compared to the risk of having a serious, prolonged case of Covid, possibly requiring hospitalization. Also, rebound occurs with or without Paxlovid. He specifically said that he's never had a 60+ patient require hospitalization after taking Paxlovid. But he has seen fully-vaccinated individuals require hospitalization when they didn't take it.

BTW, DW's PCP said exactly the same things. So we were both very comfortable taking it.

In our cases, neither of us tested positive again. So I'm not really sure that's even an official "rebound." But it does appear to be a common occurrence, whether related to Paxlovid or not.

Good info and I'm happy it worked as intended for you guys . I wonder if there's a national data base . I've certainly had the flu and experienced rebound symptoms

Interesting it's retesting positive after a negative test with the Plaxlovid that I find interesting. I'm neither for or against the Plax....everyone should do what they think is best....for myself I think I'd let my body duke it out with the Covid. I've been vaxxed 3 times.. At this point I'm not sure Covid will ever leave the building.

I had that happen to me. I just so happened to be out of the country when I tested positive for the 2nd time but had no symptoms. The only negative was that I had to stay quarantined for a few extra days at the beach house I was staying...so it wasn't a bad deal. :D I tested negative a few days later and haven't had any issues since. So, if I had to do it again, I would have taken the Paxlovid.

Maybe I have it? Test says no, so far.

Twice vaxxed and twice boosted, most recently in May 2022, but no bivalent vax yet.

On Thursday I woke up with a very slightly damp nose and did my light exercise class.

Right after that I realized I was still just really tired, but I hadn’t slept through the night for a couple of nights and thought that might be it. Still, I felt an overall heaviness and just out of sorts overall.

I had a headache all day, and the beginnings of an earache as well as some nausea, so I rested up on Thursday.

Friday I did another light exercise class online at 6 am, but I realized afterward I was still feeling weighed down and deeply tired, and I couldn’t get warm. I took my temp, but was below normal and took a hot bath to warm up.

I tested around 7:30 am, before DH had to report for jury duty, but the test was negative.

My nausea seemed to get worse, so I ate lots of toast, soup, stuff like that, and rested up again all day.

I will test again today. Other than an occasionally drippy nose, fatigue, and nausea—all of which tell me something is off kilter—I feel fine, but I am thinking I have it. I won’t be going out anywhere over the weekend, and I’ll need to cancel the dentist appointment on Monday afternoon.

Last edited:
DW's home test was positive, yesterday. She has congestion and a few other symptoms. Those of you who sought medical treatment, what are they able to do to alleviate symptoms or keep it from getting worse? She is trying to set up a visit with some medical professional. The local urgent care is unable to see Covid folks face-to-face.

I started to feel congested last night. Tested positive today. Sinus congestion is our major symptom. Both DW and I had telehealth visits. DW was with CVS Minute Clinic. Thanks to you for recommending. Paxlovid and Benzonatate for both of us. DW will finish her meds tomorrow. She is feeling better. I hoping that this is as bad as it gets. :confused:

Twice vaxxed and twice boosted, most recently in May 2022, but no bivalent vax yet.

On Thursday I woke up with a very slightly damp nose and did my light exercise class.

Right after that I realized I was still just really tired, but I hadn’t slept through the night for a couple of nights and thought that might be it. Still, I felt an overall heaviness and just out of sorts overall.

I had a headache all day, and the beginnings of an earache as well as some nausea, so I rested up on Thursday.

Friday I did another light exercise class online at 6 am, but I realized afterward I was still feeling weighed down and deeply tired, and I couldn’t get warm. I took my temp, but was below normal and took a hot bath to warm up.

I tested around 7:30 am, before DH had to report for jury duty, but the test was negative.

My nausea seemed to get worse, so I ate lots of toast, soup, stuff like that, and rested up again all day.

I will test again today. Other than an occasionally drippy nose, fatigue, and nausea—all of which tell me something is off kilter—I feel fine, but I am thinking I have it. I won’t be going out anywhere over the weekend, and I’ll need to cancel the dentist appointment on Monday afternoon.

Also test Tuesday (5 days from your start of symptoms) , as some folks don't show + until about 5 days!
Also consider influenza, but high fever/cough usually accompanies that.
Could just be run of the mill cold/URI. There are reports of folks really getting hit hard recently.

Hope you feel better soon.

We both had COVID over Xmas and NY. The worst part was the coughing. Even after 3 weeks we are still coughing, just not as bad. We keep asking ourselves when the coughing will subside. We tested negative 3 times over 10 days ago.

Also test Tuesday (5 days from your start of symptoms) , as some folks don't show + until about 5 days!
Also consider influenza, but high fever/cough usually accompanies that.
Could just be run of the mill cold/URI. There are reports of folks really getting hit hard recently.

Hope you feel better soon.

Thank you!

I feel pretty much back to normal today. I’ll test for a 4th time before calling the dentist but got 3 negative tests so far.

Maybe I was just fighting off a cold.

I'm 11 days post initial symptoms and I am now having a significant increase in coughing. Anyone else have increased coughing this far after infection? Only other symptom still active is congestion.

I tested positive for Covid a week ago and I'm still testing positive today. I felt like I had a bad head cold with a headache and some nausea the first day. After the first day I had a runny nose and headache for a couple of days and have felt fine since then. I had the original Omicron last January and I have had all of my vaccines and boosters. This current strain is very contagious. I'm guessing I got it when I was grocery shopping and all the college students in my area were just back from the holidays and the store was crowded.

Heard an interesting story today. One of DW's friends told her about their mother who, in her words, "never had a sick day in her life." She had never even seen the inside of a hospital until two months ago when she got Covid.

Wound up in the hospital, and they were able to deal succesfully with the Covid, but then it was just one thing after another. Not that unusual for an older person to be diagnosed with multiple problems after being admitted, but there were quite a few things in this case.

She finally died, nearly two months into her hospital stay, from the "complications." Only 102 years old!

I'm 11 days post initial symptoms and I am now having a significant increase in coughing. Anyone else have increased coughing this far after infection? Only other symptom still active is congestion.

Yes, a deep wet cough for much longer than expected was my main symptom actually.

Started off with high fever, and wet cough. Tested positive the morning of Sept 8th while on vacation. Fully vaxxed, btw.

Was given the monoclonal antibody treatment in Fairbanks AK the same day. Felt better, no fever within 24 hours, but the cough persisted.

Once home, went to my family doc on Sept 15th because the cough hadn't improved at all. He prescribed antibiotics after listening to my chest.
It wasn't until Sept 25th that I could lay flat on my back without having a wet gagging cough.

I would suggest seeing a PCP about a possible scrip for antibiotics.

Best of luck to you.

DH and I got Covid after returning from a week's cruise to Caribbean. Thank goodness symptoms appeared after we're back home, not at sea. Started having symptoms the day we returned (1/14). Tested positive the same night, and went to clinic nearby the next day (1/15) and we were given Paxlovid and steroid to reduce inflammation in our chest and upper respiratory.

Symptoms: body aches, chills, fever, really bad cough (saw stars every time we coughed!), headache, ear ache (for hubby), and extreme fatigue.

By day 2 of Paxlovid, the worst of the symptoms were gone. By day 4 of Paxlovid, Covid gone (tested negative). But the fatigue is still here (3 days after completing Paxlovid and still Covid free). I also still break into cold sweats in the afternoon for no good reason. And our taste bud is still off although not as bitter as when we were still taking the Paxlovid.

I heard the fatigue may linger for 2 weeks after recovery - so we still have another week to go. I hate this!

Rebound. Yes, I did the Paxlovid thing. Yes, fully vaxxed. Stuffy sinus is my only symptom. This is day 9 since my original positive test, which was done before any symptoms.

Yes, I caught it from DW who caught it from DGS.

Wife and I both tested positive this morning. She feels like she has a cold, I feel like a weird flu. Had crazy racing thoughts all night and didn't sleep at all.

Back
Top Bottom