New Chamber Vacuum Sealer

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
About that time again. Last night I ordered a new chamber vacuum sealer.

The chamber vacuum sealer I was using keeps a good seal most of the time but not always.

Well, on Christmas evening, I was making a steak sous vide, but about two hours into the cooking, the bag seal came loose so the steak juice started to go into the water :facepalm:. Meal wasn't totally ruined but still not good.

The meal I was most looking forward to all year kinda failed so that chamber sealer is now in the doghouse.

I got a smaller chamber sealer. Avid Armor model USV20 to be exact. We are talking about 18 lbs vs 60 lbs compared to the sealer in doghouse.

Will take 7-10 business days (I bought an open box direct from manufacturer, $50 off, 1 year warranty).

Nice! I have always wanted one. I continue to make due with my Foodsaver, but a chamber would be nice.

Nice! I have always wanted one. I continue to make due with my Foodsaver, but a chamber would be nice.

Once I went chamber, I don't want to go back to external like Foodsaver. Of course, that is if the chamber can hold seal.

I've been keeping an eye as to what's out there. In the past, chamber sealers were mainly for commercial and not residential. Big and heavy. The 60lb one I have in the doghouse was considered small at the time.

But recently, there's been smaller, chamber sealers with the residential market in mind.

I'm very interested. My last chamber sealer lasted about a year before dying, and I was really disgusted. Maybe time to try again. That one seems to have good reviews.

I'm very interested. My last chamber sealer lasted about a year before dying, and I was really disgusted. Maybe time to try again. That one seems to have good reviews.

There's also a bigger, yet home user targeted model by the same company. I actually was very much considering this one when the tiny one got introduced. The tiny also hook up an external Foodsaver type hose for mason jar attachments. I believe they have use the same pump as for parts.

Interesting. This has been on my list for a while as well, but the food saver has been good enough so far. Is there a huge advantage vs the food saver? I’d love to get away from the expensive bags.

Interesting. This has been on my list for a while as well, but the food saver has been good enough so far. Is there a huge advantage vs the food saver? I’d love to get away from the expensive bags.

More upfront cost of chamber type machine vs external sealers like a Foodsaver.

Two big advantages are cheaper bags and chamber sealers can seal liquid. Thus if you seal something like left over soup or gravy, you don't have to freeze first into a brick shape. You do need to let cool to room temperature, but none of the liquid getting sucked it the pump thing with an external sealer.

Just got an email. My chamber sealer should arrive in about a couple of days :).

In the meantime, here is a very good comparison by someone on youtube about the tiny sealer and the larger one:

Last edited:
My New Baby!

Got my vacuum sealer in the mail today.

Haven't used to actually seal any food yet.

Attachments

• USV-20-2.JPG
    USV-20-2.JPG
    487.7 KB · Views: 2
  • USV-20-1.JPG
    USV-20-1.JPG
    446.9 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom