Anyone ever write a soldier overseas you did not know?

Orchidflower

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have been thinking that it would be a nice thing to write a soldier overseas that maybe has nobody writing him/her. Someone that would like to correspond with others from the States for just fun and general info. on what is going on back here. And someone to tell them we are proud of their efforts, of course.
Has anyone on this board ever done that thru an organization? Any particular suggestions as to which group gets the messages thru the best?

That's what I needed...thanks! I feel sorry for those soldiers in a dangerous situation with no family or anyone to write to them about home. Again, thanks!

Second thumbs-up on AnySoldier.com from me. I have talked to people who served overseas and really benefited from knowing that ordinary people back home care!

Remember living overseas for an extended time, and ANY American or even British citizen was such a wonderful sight and sound after awhile. You really get lonesome for something familiar after a time.

I think it's great to write to soldiers overseas but with the holidays fast approaching do you know of how to send a gift/package to a soldier?

I haven't checked out the link that was provided in an earlier post to see if any info was offered there. Does anybody know?

I went to the site. Yes, you can even send a prepackaged gift thru them. You can pay be credit card. EZ.

I wrote a GI during Vietnam (through friends) for about three years; and just want to let you know it can be a major commitment in time. It actually was a lot of fun, etc.; I've always thought that one of the first things I do when I retire will be to re-reread those letters.

Back
Top Bottom