My New Year resolutions

Scratchy

Recycles dryer sheets
Admittedly, these are rather random but here they are and I am dead serious about them, at least for now.

1) I will not try to time the market, even just this one time which is different!
2) I will immediately unfollow anyone who posts on Facebook anything that irritates me or makes me feel unhappy with my own life.
3) I will try to do a mindful meditation exercise at least 5x/week
4) I will check in approximately one year from now and report on my success or failure.

Merry Christmas to all! I am new to this forum this year and am truly thankful for all those here who contribute so thoughtfully and warmly, and for the moderators for keeping things clean and honest :)

I make & break them, but as Scratchy started (& there's an hour b4 that next round of desserts comes out), here goes:
  • don't touch legacy account
  • remember that indexing beats trading so only trade the minor account
  • hike more, worry less
think I can keep those

Admittedly, these are rather random but here they are and I am dead serious about them, at least for now.

1) I will not try to time the market, even just this one time which is different!
2) I will immediately unfollow anyone who posts on Facebook anything that irritates me or makes me feel unhappy with my own life.
3) I will try to do a mindful meditation exercise at least 5x/week
4) I will check in approximately one year from now and report on my success or failure.

Merry Christmas to all! I am new to this forum this year and am truly thankful for all those here who contribute so thoughtfully and warmly, and for the moderators for keeping things clean and honest :)

I'm stealing number two. I've been friended by some of my old high school classmates. There was a reason I didn't hang with them in school, time to go clean them off.

Past that mine are easy.

Gym 3x weekly - We already do that.

Fidelity Privite Client manager - I've looked and in the last year I'm on my third new representative. Not a great way to treat clients to retain them. Somethings going to change.

My resolutions are:
To get off the internet more--minimizing time online
To get off the couch more often
To finish all my building projects including replacing the guest bath toilet removed 2 weeks ago.
Having less guests staying over.

To finish all my building projects including replacing the guest bath toilet removed 2 weeks ago.
Having less guests staying over.

Seems like you're done.

Last edited:
I'm going with 4096 x 2160
1024px-Vector_Video_Standards8.svg.png
in 2018.

30 years ago I resolved to never make a new years resolution again, so far so good.

+1. Did this about 10 years ago - - - have religiously adhered to it.

OP - I also started unfollowing both friends and family that post irritating comments, as well as those who never have an unspoken thought. :mad:

OP - I also started unfollowing both friends and family that post irritating comments, as well as those who never have an unspoken thought. :mad:

Agree with that too. And has anyone ever wanted to see a picture of someone's meal?? :nonono:

I'm still adhering to the resolution I made several years ago to limit myself to just one glass of beer per day.

I can fill it as often as I like, of course, but just the one glass. :angel:

I resolve to lose weight. First I just need to consume all of the fattening food currently in my larder so that I won't be tempted.

I resolve to increase the numbers on my Fitbit. Did you know that if you swing your arm a little while reclining in front of the TV, you can get credit for steps walked?

I resolve to have a more positive frame of mind, as if that ever did any good.

- Work less
- More time doing stuff with family
- Try to "do" more (too much internet time)
- Repeat #1

I just need to lose 10lbs and need to start asap.

I resolve to increase the numbers on my Fitbit. Did you know that if you swing your arm a little while reclining in front of the TV, you can get credit for steps walked?

At work, we get a small bit of cash if we keep our steps above 10,000. People figured out that if you strap it to your ankle and fidget (tap/wiggle your foot), you get steps. Personally, after a year, I gave up wearing a Fitbit. I realized that it just confirmed that I need to retire so that I have time to concentrate on being physically active. Sitting at a desk all day sucks the life from you (as you all know).

I resolve to lose weight. First I just need to consume all of the fattening food currently in my larder so that I won't be tempted.

I resolve to have a more positive frame of mind, as if that ever did any good.

:2funny::2funny::2funny:

You are renting space in my head!

lose the 10 pounds I gained after I quit drinking in march
play to my handicap better in tournaments
call my parents more often

Back
Top Bottom