Amazon Vine Reviewers?

There are, but you have to be vigilant.

Things I'm seeing include mattresses and dash cams. I was late on the mattress, but got the dash cam.

There were other gold items that I didn't want so forgot what they were. Overall, definitely a few decent items every week.

Edit: I currently have two gold items on my RFY...

2 twin mattresses.... Don't need 2.
Commercial kitchen sink faucet.... I live in a single family home.

Last edited:
Just to add to what Gold gets you. Today I have a $118 Geiger counter on my queue.

Sounds cool, but do I really need to pay the tax load for a toy I'd use one time?

I got bumped up to GOLD !!

I'm not finding much at the over $100 limit, just the rare item.

Question:
After moving to Gold, do folks still see their old (entire) record of activity ?
Mine shows
Your Vine activity with a new 6 month date, but the old record of things reviewed and the old percentage number.

Just to add to what Gold gets you. Today I have a $118 Geiger counter on my queue.

Sounds cool, but do I really need to pay the tax load for a toy I'd use one time?

I searched for the Geiger counter and don't see it, I used to think Recommended for you choice was unsee-able to others, but maybe it's just gone now.

Question:
After moving to Gold, do folks still see their old (entire) record of activity ?
Mine shows
Your Vine activity with a new 6 month date, but the old record of things reviewed and the old percentage number.
I couldn't find it either but if you search counter you might find some LED under cabinet lights and other items that you might be interested in. Not high dollar items though.

Question:
Mine shows

Yes, you see your history. Your new percentage of reviewed will reset in a few days or week or so.

The tax value for 2023 is screwed up for everyone. Be careful.

I searched for the Geiger counter and don't see it, I used to think Recommended for you choice was unsee-able to others, but maybe it's just gone now.

Here's how it works, as best I can tell:
- RFY is an exclusive queue that sellers not only provide products for, but also pay a fee with the promise that the buyers (us) are good prospects
- They are generally products over $15 or so, with the sky being the limit
- The algorithm parses the products out to us, not everyone see each product. It is both luck and past history. Other people cannot search for this. We are good prospects to the sellers based on this algo.
- "Past history" is an unknown algorithm. It seems to loosely follow my past buying history, but it is more than that, and it is also random. Hookah anyone? I do not and never have hookahed.
- If enough people don't sell out the RFY queue, it goes to "available for all"
- Finally, the "Additional Items" are not exclusive, the sellers buy into it differently, and low value items can go here.

One final add:
When I was first promoted, it was slow. It seems like the more I buy, the more they offer. Sometimes I get a lot of the same stuff I bought personally and through Vine. One only needs so many landscape lights, for example.

Last edited:
Yes, you see your history. Your new percentage of reviewed will reset in a few days or week or so.

The tax value for 2023 is screwed up for everyone. Be careful.

Thanks....

I keep my own spreadsheet so I can track
  • when I ordered something,
  • the value,
  • the actual price,
  • was it delivered ,
  • when I reviewed it,
  • did Amazon accept my review.
  • What is the value to me... for things I wouldn't have bought at all I put as $0. Other things vary.

I can see how someone might go crazy on ordering and end up owing a bunch of taxes.

Yep. Updated today. It took about 8 hours. Watched my ETV slowly rise.

They dropped me to Silver status a couple of days which was a huge relief, it was just too stressful for me to hunt down stuff I was actually interested in and wanted to review. Maybe in 6 months, I'll rethink that but for now I can kick back and coast. As far as I can tell there is no number of items that I have to review each period at Silver so I can be selective.
I also wanted to mention that there are 3 pages of toner cartridges in additional items today, none for my Samsung printer however.

I just can't do 100 items every 6 months. I did last period, so I am gold. It seemed to mean nothing, until...

My RFY suddenly showed the latest model Samsung Android foldable phone. Current price $999.

I decided to go for it and consider it the cherry on top and phase out of the program soon after.

I just can't do 100 items every 6 months. I did last period, so I am gold. It seemed to mean nothing, until...

My RFY suddenly showed the latest model Samsung Android foldable phone. Current price $999.

I decided to go for it and consider it the cherry on top and phase out of the program soon after.

RFY = "Recommended for You"?
ETV = "Estimated Tax Value?"

Are you saying you are getting a new Samsung Fold phone for only the cost of sales tax?

Last edited:
I kind of enjoy doing reviews.

If you do the Amazon Vine reviews is there anything in the agreement with Amazon that makes them the owner of the review?

Can you resell the Amazon Vine products you receive?

Can you resell the Amazon Vine products you receive if you are an Amazon Seller?

Can you resell the Amazon Vine products you receive if you are an Amazon Seller?

With most things being branded, you could not sell them on amazon, not as new anyway. You'd be basically doing RA. If I were a seller, and paid the hefty fees for Vine reviews ($200 plus giving away the stuff), including giving away my product - and then you, the Vine reviewer, hopped on my listing to sell "yours" I would report you very, very quickly.

[-][/-]
RFY = "Recommended for You"?
ETV = "Estimated Tax Value?"

Are you saying you are getting a new Samsung Fold phone for only the cost of sales tax?
RFY and ETV: yes
Sales Tax: no. The tax values are reported to IRS as income. It is like winning the lottery or a prize on the The Price is Right. So for me, perhaps 25%.

I kind of enjoy doing reviews.

If you do the Amazon Vine reviews is there anything in the agreement with Amazon that makes them the owner of the review?

- Pretty sure you lose control of your review once you type submit.
- You can not resell for 6 months
[-]- Sellers absolutely cannot participate[/-]

EDIT: sellers *may* be able to participate (terms and conditions make no statement about it), but they cannot sell what they get for 6 months, then it must be marked as used. Employees absolutely cannot participate.

Last edited:
Congratulations on snapping up the phone.
I also dropped to Silver level and the pressure is all gone.

Yeah, there is some stuff in the terms about not revealing confidential info. For a moment there, I thought I did! I did not. Whew! Samsung has had an ad campaign going on these phones and they are officially released tomorrow. Not coincidentally, my phone arrives tomorrow. The phone is on their web site.

When I signed up for this program, I thought this is the way it was supposed to work; be at the bleeding edge and get "buzz and traction" on a new product by filling the review queue.

Instead, I mostly have been reviewing gloves, bolts and screws. :LOL:

EDIT: sellers *may* be able to participate (terms and conditions make no statement about it), but they cannot sell what they get for 6 months, then it must be marked as used. Employees absolutely cannot participate.

It's my guess that sellers are excluded from being invited. There are already rules that sellers cannot leave reviews or feedback for competitors, and since amazon defines stuff rather loosely, it would create potential conflicts with that rule. Could be any seller in your same high level categories vs. what one thinks of as a direct competitor.

That phone value is amazing..

Recently I've seen some higher value things, highest value thing I saw RFY was ~$600 for some (IMHO) lousy solar panels. I didn't bother as I can't use that type.

It is hard to find things I want and can use and would otherwise buy..

But it is good for finding stuff to try out.

I got an email from Vine:

Helpful Tips for Writing High Quality Vine Reviews

It's very generic but makes me wonder if I goofed up recently.
Did others get this as well, or did I do some boo boo in a review ?

I got that review this morning.

I took it as more of a thank you letter appreciating us Vine [-]suckers[/-] writers to keep writing.

I didn't get that message from Vine.
If you made a boo boo they just would not post the review but they won't tell you what's wrong with it either. It's just gone and you have to write up a brand new one which is why it's always a good idea to keep a copy so you can try and figure out the problem yourself.

I didn't get that message from Vine.
If you made a boo boo they just would not post the review but they won't tell you what's wrong with it either. It's just gone and you have to write up a brand new one which is why it's always a good idea to keep a copy so you can try and figure out the problem yourself.

I've written up a boo boo review before, They sent me an email to say it couldn't be approved.

You are correct, there was no reason, and while the message quoted some of my review it cut off a lot and I lost it.

I figured it was due to my photo's (it was a gun accessory) and I had included photos of my gun using it outside.

So I re-did it and no gun in a photo and it was passed.

I should copy the review before posting, I just get rolling and forget. :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom