Another calcuation - How much you need to Retire in Each State

"everyone"? Not if one is making too much. I didn't look at the actual ceiling but we are already at 22% to 24% tax bracket each year and we cannot manage our income to make MAGI work to the ceiling.

Everyone is eligible for subsidies this year & next...for a subsidized Silver-level ACA plan premiums capped at 8.5% of income (no "cliff" for at least two years)

Last edited:
I find these speculative numbers a little hard to believe. Where is one expected to get the Guaranteed returns to substantiate them year after year? The Stock Market. OK it has been good for a while but there are a lot of down years too. A little vague don't you think? Nice in Theory though, we are lucky to have way more than is recommended, not all folks do.

E.G.: Florida - ~$56k annually needed, ~$902k Nest Egg = 6% return after taxes. EVERY year. So do they mean if one can sustain a 6% Return guaranteed annually?

Home paid for?
Include SS & Pensions?

Seems a little vague IMHO.

IMHO...like so many other similar articles it is a useless piece of filler inserted on a day when the publisher does not have enough content.

So many variables, personal and otherwise, make it meaningless.

I am a bit confused -- Possibly you need to look up the word "penultimate"?
It's a common mistake. People have the same problem with "penumbra". Or perhaps it was just a joke.

People have the same problem with "penumbra".

Yeah, I know. When that happens to me, I look around to make sure no one can see and give it a little scratch.

This Monty Python skit is how I learned the definition of penultimate :LOL::

Nice! I had never seen that before.

When I was teaching, I would start the countdown to the end of the semester by announcing that "this is our preantepenultimate lecture." And so on to "ultimate."

Back
Top Bottom