Biofeedback

yakers

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Anyone know if the price of biofeedback equipment has come down to earth? I always had a bit of an interest but originally the devices were expensive medical equipment and later some commercial entities marketed their 'services' at what I think are uneconomic rates. Since the only costs are computers, sensors and software they should be just about free systems floating around by now; look things like Skype are free.
I meditate a bit and expect I could call up a theta wave pretty easily, just want to find out for myself. Years ago, in my science fiction days, I expected we would all be hooked up to the internet by now.
There is various gear on ebay but I do not know what is necessary for a working system. Any insights into these systems and their affordability.

There is a magazine--now also on-line--called Circuit Cellar (executive editor Steve Ciarcia) that had home-brew interfaces for biofeedback.

Ed, while I have not been able to extract the biofeedback information I was pursuing that is certainly a great site for home engineering applications. I like the project where he set up a perimeter motion sensor to set off a recorded barking dog. Now if it were free it would be near the top of the list.

Radio Shack used to sell a galvanic skin response meter for about $15 (20 years ago). While most stuff from Radio Shack is pure trash, this device actually worked. Using self hypnosis techniques, I was able to go from constant tone to eventually stopping the tone completely. This took a couple of weeks to accomplish.

Back
Top Bottom