Blow that Dough! - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he'll have drainage issues with mold and rot perhaps not to mention it looks bad and that's worth a few grand because he'll never get the dough back?
Due to the tight clay formation at the house, the pool formerly redirected most of the subsurface flow around the house. Now, the pool collects water, because, even though holes were knocked in the sides of the pool, it still sits in a tight clay formation. Therefore, he has a sump in the pool with a pump that has to be run periodically when it rains a lot.

His plants in the old pool seem to be thriving, so there's no real issue with mold or rot. It's his choice, not mine! I would have ripped up the entire thing, and installed a french drain, and made the backyard into a yard again, rather than a garden in a pool. He's not in the financial situation, nor does he have the inclination to do it right.

(2) 20 yard dumpsters - $900
(2) helpers - $1400
Movers - $1400
10' x 20' Storage unit - $200/mo

Me thinks she will verify these numbers.

You get hitched yet RobbieB?

Oh Yeah! Old news, back in August. Where ya been?

San Francisco City Hall, Mark Hopkins - Cyril Magnin Suite, Reception at Sauce with call bar. Limo'ed in all the "retired folks" and limo'ed them safely back home. For some it was their first limo ride.

Blew 10 grand on the wedding - :)

An 11” iPad Pro 256GB.

I ordered it through Costco, who offers a decent discount.

San Francisco City Hall, Mark Hopkins - Cyril Magnin Suite, Reception at Sauce with call bar. Limo'ed in all the "retired folks" and limo'ed them safely back home. For some it was their first limo ride.

So have you got an estimate for the total, including incidentals before and after? I am guessing $25k because you are not done yet.:flowers:

Oh yeah easy - :)

10 grand for the rings before the deed!

Wedding for my oldest daughter. She is worth every penny of it

Attachments

• 20181109_173146.jpg
    20181109_173146.jpg
    492.8 KB · Views: 67
Today, the market just blew away the same amount as my expenses YTD.

Well, actually it is $600 higher than my expenses.

I ordered a new dining table and chair set from an Amish furniture site. If they are as great as I expect, I might order some additional furniture.

WOW! That is awesome and Congratulations to you and your lovely new bride.

Wedding for my oldest daughter. She is worth every penny of it
+1. I just had a wedding for my daughter too. Definitely worth it although I think they would be better off with the cash.

Thanks. Yeah, long process. Waited until her daughter went off to school before moving Kelly in. Wanted to not disturb mother-daughter household as it stood.

I married off my daughter 3 years ago. We had many relatives coming from out of state. They all gave generous cash gifts, that totaled close to the wedding cost.

If we gave them the cash that we helped pay for the wedding, we would not have that nice wedding, and we all missed out on an occasion that everybody enjoyed.

PS. I knew my family, and told them that they would get generous gifts, but they did not believe me. :)

I wanted to throw a grand party and I did!

Everything is coming along nicely. Tossed 40 cubic yards of furniture and other stuff in the trash. She had a lot of stuff. When the first dumpster was half full I said we're gonna need to get another one. We kept her good stuff and I've been making room for it by getting rid of my crap. Luckily I can just put it it on the sidewalk and it's gone in a day or 2.

Home improvements went well and we are sorting and sifting and still tossing mondo crap. It's going to be real nice when we're done!

We haven't spent a whole bunch recently, but that's changing very soon with the purchase of a new home. It's on a fairly large lot, but since we are already blowing some dough...we thought, what the hell...so bought off some land behind the current lot as well. This new house comes with some stuff that very well might help us blow dough in the future...such as:

-Geothermal HVAC
-Well/Septic Systems
-Expansive Yard Needing Riding Lawnmower
-Generator

And last but not least....this thing... :D

Attachments

• P1.jpg
    P1.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 88
Went with FIL and SIL to Sur La Table on Sunday and blew $100 on 3 All-Clad non-stick skillets - yes, they were on sale for 50% off. I only really needed the 8" and 12" as my 10" is still in good shape, but it was cheaper to buy all three.

Not sure this qualifies as 'blow that dough' - switching from At&t to T-mobile 55 plan with two new iphone XRs. However, my monthly bill with T-mobile still lower than with At&t.

Not sure this qualifies as 'blow that dough' - switching from At&t to T-mobile 55 plan with two new iphone XRs. However, my monthly bill with T-mobile still lower than with At&t.

Maybe roll that dough.

Not really blowing the dough but..

I just bought a slightly used Samsung S7 Edge cell phone off SWPPA.com for $214.00! My LG Nexus 5X crashed and died. :cool:

We spend $24K this summer adding a hot tub to our summer house and refinishing the room that leads out to it. In the process of planning a kitchen reno in our winter condo that I estimate with cost $125K. Don't feel too stretched on this since it has appreciated $800K+ or more than 50% in the four+ years we've owned it.

Well, I bought some itty bitty toddler-girl clothes, and a little rocking horse for DGD. The rocking horse was about 25% off and the clothes about 50% off, due to Black Friday sales.

I should have ordered some toy blocks as well, but all that shopping made me tired.

Last edited:
We haven't spent a whole bunch recently, but that's changing very soon with the purchase of a new home. It's on a fairly large lot, but since we are already blowing some dough...we thought, what the hell...so bought off some land behind the current lot as well. This new house comes with some stuff that very well might help us blow dough in the future...such as:

-Geothermal HVAC
-Well/Septic Systems
-Expansive Yard Needing Riding Lawnmower
-Generator

And last but not least....this thing... :D

Beautiful yard. You probably will end up saving a lot overall, by buying instead of building.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom