Blow That Dough - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Athena, my mom did those type of experiences with my boys taking them to musical stage plays in Chicago when old enough. They loved it and it was something not in our budget. She also took them to amusement parks every summer which was a big hit.

It's been a while, now, but we have taken most of the nieces and nephews to the Islands - in ones and twos. Talk about BTD. If we live so long, the GKs will be old enough to do the same. Heh, heh, THAT's what we can do with all that "extra" in the stash!

Athena, my mom did those type of experiences with my boys taking them to musical stage plays in Chicago when old enough. They loved it and it was something not in our budget. She also took them to amusement parks every summer which was a big hit.

Yes, that's my thought- give them extras that DS and DDIL (who are very responsible with money but don't have my budget) wouldn't be able to do.

Not sure about amusement parks. I detest theme parks (high $$$, long lines, overpriced food, way too commercial) and so far they're not interested in any really adventurous rides. They both looked up at the giant Ferris Wheel in Chicago and said, "nope".:) Plenty of other wonderful places to take them.

It's been a while, now, but we have taken most of the nieces and nephews to the Islands - in ones and twos. Talk about BTD. If we live so long, the GKs will be old enough to do the same. Heh, heh, THAT's what we can do with all that "extra" in the stash!

Grandpa, I can think of no better way to BTD. :)

Another great BTD!! Nice!

^^^ Ukraine has been using drones that are a bit bigger that can carry grenades which are dropped onto Russian soldiers crouching in foxholes and trenches.

YouTube is replete with videos taken from these grenade-dropping drones, showing much gruesome death.

^^^ Ukraine has been using drones that are a bit bigger that can carry grenades which are dropped onto Russian soldiers crouching in foxholes and trenches.

YouTube is replete with videos taken from these grenade-dropping drones, showing much gruesome death.

I thought you were referencing the Russian/Iran drones used for identifying target locations.

Nah, they've been gluing on 3D printed fins to regular grenades to stabilize on the down fall. Right on the targets.

Yeah, with gruesome effect.

Nah, they've been gluing on 3D printed fins to regular grenades to stabilize on the down fall. Right on the targets.

Yeah, with gruesome effect.

I saw a video where they were placing the grenades in dixie cups before dropping them.

Celebrated DW's BD today at Old Spaghetti Factory. 5 of us ate for $132 with tax and tip. A good time was had by all - everyone ordered the Spumoni ice cream for dessert. Love it.

Wifey and I visited Costco today for the holiday fare. Got the last prime tenderloin they had in the bin buried under all the "choice", chateaubriand for Christmas Eve and slice thinner the rest of it for steaks.

Had to try the lobster claws too, got 4 pounds. Some Swordfish steaks for Friday when DSD is home, some flowers and appetizers and a bottle of tequila for me - :)

All told the bill was almost $500.

Shortly after we returned the "man in brown" delivered the new boat in 4 boxes, a Newport Baja inflatable that will be the tender for Dream Catcher. Didn't need to buy it this soon but it was a "stupid good" sale, a $1600 boat I got for $1050.

Strike when the iron is hot - :)

These should be arriving soon. I wasn't going to get quite this serious about this hobby, but one of the guys I trained with was urging me on. I started training in 2015, and just now getting the kit.
WhichParajet-MaverickAtom80-1-1.png

iu

These should be arriving soon. I wasn't going to get quite this serious about this hobby, but one of the guys I trained with was urging me on. I started training in 2015, and just now getting the kit.

That looks very very exciting and fun!

Are you going to let us know how much a BTD that is :confused:

Are they really loud when you are flying, I imagine they are and require hearing protection, but maybe when going forward the sound is less ?

Not BTD but still funny for us. DH just ordered two Sony PlayStation game controllers. What for? The Tesla and the Apple TV. He ordered one red and one black to match the Tesla. :LOL:

We’ve never used game controllers before and have no idea how it will pan out, that’s why it feels like BTD.

Not BTD but still funny for us. DH just ordered two Sony PlayStation game controllers. What for? The Tesla and the Apple TV. He ordered one red and one black to match the Tesla. :LOL:

We’ve never used game controllers before and have no idea how it will pan out, that’s why it feels like BTD.

You can use a game controller with the Tesla? I had to google it. So you play games in the car while it's charging?

That looks like a really nice TV set! Congrats.
We’ve been lusting after it for over 2 years now. The prices have come down a lot, plus the C2 version we ordered is lighter than our existing 65” which is awesome.

Last edited:
You can use a game controller with the Tesla? I had to google it. So you play games in the car while it's charging?

While you are parked anywhere waiting, or even just parked at home. :LOL::LOL:

I doubt we would have time to play in the car while charging on a road trip. Too short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom