Burger King

" . . .and i was surprised to find a veggie burger. they use morningstar which is the same i use at home (only i use the original griller while they use the garden burger).

still, good to know that there's actually a menu item i might try there.

LG4NB,
I don't know your motivation for vegetarianism (moral, taste, health, religious, etc), but be aware that the BK veggie burger will be cooked on the same spot on the charbroiler chain-grill as the previous 3000 meat patties. So, there will be a little animal protein in your veggieburger.

I figure you know this, but you'd be surprised what people assume. I recall when people ordered fries with no salt--sure, we didn't add salt to those fries, but I was the only person that wiped the 1/4" of salt off the scoop, and nobody "de-salted" the fry bin.

I'm fairly sure that the burgers sold as "beef" are realy made of cow. I'd be less sure if there were a meat type in the US that was cheaper to produce, but I don't think there is.

041116_monsterTB.hmedium.jpg

1420 calorie Hardee Monster Burger.

Newguy would drop dead of a heart attack within 5 minutes of consuming one of those. :eek:

By the way, I understand that Wendy's was just bought out by Arby's. I never understood Arby's "appeal." Their "roast beef" really looks like my middle school cafeteria's mystery meat.

Well...THERE's the problem! You're not supposed ta look at the meat...just EAT IT!

Actually, Arby's now has a nice line of deli sandwiches. Not like real deli sandwiches, but decent. I like the ruben sandwich which is available with pastrami or (less unhealthy) turkey.

We were down in Lebanon Oregon looking at a house to loan on - since it was biz and my honey is just back high roller me sprang for lunch wherever she wanted in Lebanon (pop. 12k). We dined at Popeye's Chicken. Pretty tasty - the rice and beans had a smoky, slightly hot flavor. The Jambalaya had a slightly hot, smoky flavor. The coleslaw had a sli - nah - it was all really pretty good. Believe i got most of my $20 back. She's pretty high maintenance, but what the heck - i've put up with her this long...

We were down in Lebanon Oregon looking at a house to loan on - since it was biz and my honey is just back high roller me sprang for lunch wherever she wanted in Lebanon (pop. 12k). We dined at Popeye's Chicken. Pretty tasty - the rice and beans had a smoky, slightly hot flavor. The Jambalaya had a slightly hot, smoky flavor. The coleslaw had a sli - nah - it was all really pretty good. Believe i got most of my $20 back. She's pretty high maintenance, but what the heck - i've put up with her this long...

Hush your mouth... the weather is bad, the food is worse. ;)

i was surprised to find a veggie burger. they use morningstar which is the same i use at home (only i use the original griller while they use the garden burger).

still, good to know that there's actually a menu item i might try there.
LG4NB I frequent BK often for their veggie burger, but the health conscious, LBYM side of my orders it a the 'Lo Carb" version, with an extra patty. You get two patties in a dish with lettuce and tomatoes for about $5 bucks. Only bad part I can tell, is the sodium content is a bit high, but all the rest is good for you.
when I visit Wendy's I get the baked potato plain ($1.29), take it home, and load it up with fresh home made Salsa - heavy on the peppers and onions.
You can eat healthy at fast food restuarants.:cool::cool:

Had a Whopper Junior Saturday for only 99 cents. Quite a deal. I figure that if you don't eat too much, it's not too bad for you (and I'm sticking to that).

Used an inflation calculator, and found that that price is equivalent to the 15 cent burgers that McDonalds had in 1966.

There is extremely blurry Burger King product placement in the movie Iron Man--so subtle it's almost subliminal. Found myself ordering the Kid's Meal yesterday just to get the Iron Man toy....

It takes two hands to handle a Whopper.

Maybe if you're a "little person" but at 6'6" I have large hands and a whopper is just an average size sandwich to me. Easily handled with one hand with a drink or fries in the other. I love having a high metabolism.

Checks clipboard, stopwatch. OK, 69 posts before this turned into a sex-jokes thread. I think we can do a lot better.

Huh what could have turned into why Obama has better eyebrows than Hillary thread..:p

I can't believe no one has mentioned White Castle hamburgers yet. Give me a bag of sliders anytime.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom