Cars in non-metallic gray

Nope! At this point, I think the color only exists in my imagination. :LOL:

This is the closest one I have found, and might do. Maybe I was thinking of emerald green, instead of Kelly green. I think it's so pretty.

Attachments

• greencar.jpg
    greencar.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 19
Just add some gold and purple and you’re all set!

:LOL: And 20 days early, in plenty of time! :D

BTW, I remember that "Champagne Gold" color that you mentioned, even though I never had a car that color. I really liked that one, too.

This is the closest one I have found, and might do. Maybe I was thinking of emerald green, instead of Kelly green. I think it's so pretty.
Here's my latest attempts. MG 's in classic British Racing Green.:)

Attachments

• mg green.jpg
    mg green.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 19-21-49 British Racing Green (MGB GT) ~ Hackney Wick.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 19-21-49 British Racing Green (MGB GT) ~ Hackney Wick.jpg
    651.8 KB · Views: 25
Here's my latest attempts. MG 's in classic British Racing Green.:)
Oh, I LIKE LIKE LIKE that green color! That's the perfect color! You found it. :dance: :D

P.S. - - like the car, too!

Gumby, thanks, you get an "A" for effort! But I think finnski nailed it this time.

I have one of those boring gray CRV's because I got a good deal on it slightly used. I would like to see a resurgence in two-tone cars. Maybe I will settle for bright red rims? I'm tacky that way.

Ugh.

Our car is a gorgeous metallic caramel brown. First thing anybody says about our car is what a beautiful color it is.

Which goes to show, those little 1" color squares in the brochure just can't be relied upon, LOL. If we hadn't actually seen a demo car in the color we picked, we would have passed right over it.

Oh, I LIKE LIKE LIKE that green color! That's the perfect color! You found it. :dance: :D

P.S. - - like the car, too!

Gumby, thanks, you get an "A" for effort! But I think finnski nailed it this time.
:LOL: I do love that green as well and a cool little car.

Reminds me of a color from back in the 40s and 50s called Ford Gray; Ford also painted their tractors (back in the day when they still manufactured farm equipment) the same color, albeit, with red trim.

The equivalent for old cars is to keep surface rust patina, and actually clear coat over it!

I was at a car show last summer next to an old rusty pickup truck (1940s), which seems to be the popular way to present an old pickup.

Upon closer inspection, however, the rusty appearance was a paint job!

No actual rust...
:facepalm:

We were recently offered a Toyota Highlander (Hybrid) with a cherry red exterior, 1970s orange leather seats and a brown dashboard. Think about that color combo. Toyota's 2023 color combinations are just hideous IMHO.

2023 Hyundai Santa Fe

I bought a hybrid Santa Fe and there was one color choice: Hampton Gray. I kinda like it. I would have rather had white but didn’t want to wait months.

Grey is just a bad color

Blends in with the road, cloudy days, etc. I’ve had a near miss because I didn’t see a light grey car next to me. Not that I didn’t look. You know, quick look, nothing there but the road. I do own one, but choice of color wasn’t mine.

Car folks. I am seeing a bunch of cars in what I call "battleship gray." What are your thoughts? On a Reddit post someone described it as "no additives like metallics, flakes, pearl coats and such. Just one pigment and clear coat for gloss." Looks like paint from many years ago.

I call it Airforce Gray... or Carrier Gray. All the planes and ships are painted that color, along with the barracks lol.

Not quite sold on the flat gray look. I do kind of like the matte gray wraps I've been seeing, and kinda dig the matte green wrap as well, although I don't think I am brave enough to put it on my car.

matt_gray.jpg
matt green.jpg

We have a Mercedes EQS with the Magno Selenite (aka grey) which is a satin finish. It is very difficult to care for but also very beautiful. I wish I had gotten it wrapped as now I have a few scratches from a recent trip to Italy. Should I get it repainted then I will wrap it. Care is limited to washing with ultrapure water as here our water is shockingly hard and leaves spots. It is easy enough and after a manual spray wash, I have a hand spray of ultrapure water and go over it by hand. This paint cannot be waxed ever. Between washes, I wipe it down again with ultrapure water using a large soft cloth I keep in the trunk. It just takes a minute or so and keeps it beautiful. I have an ultrapure filtration system in the house so this is not an issue.

How about this?
R.2d36276e86b81f9847a992b4ad5d3291

Gray color

Is this the color everybody is referring to?

Attachments

• 0CC54105-F78C-453A-81CF-59079E55AE0F.jpg
    0CC54105-F78C-453A-81CF-59079E55AE0F.jpg
    465 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom