Class of 2019

25 days for me...I'm getting very anxious about leaving work...stupid, I know...

50 days for me (just 29 more days I have to go into work). Cannot get here soon enough. No anxiety on my part in leaving work.

Talked to my boss yesterday and gave him the news that I’ll be leaving full-time employment to take on new adventures. We agreed on a September 30th date. He was really great about everything related to the transition, which is a relief. Super excited and proud to reach this point. So, I guess I’ll officially be part of class of 2019, which has been my plan for many years. It’s nice when things come together! [emoji41]

I tendered my resignation on May 3 with the intention that May 31 would be my last day. My boss offered to continue medical, dental, and vision coverage for me and DW if I would w--k two days a week throughout June, July, and August. I thought that was a good deal so I agreed. So, about 40 w--k days left!

Just 8 more weekly checks !!!!!

Attachments

• 2E7647FA-79F1-468B-B1A8-67AE02D15B03.jpg
    2E7647FA-79F1-468B-B1A8-67AE02D15B03.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 33
anyone else flip flopping between being totally relieved then totally anxious?
I'm flip flopping between just giving megacorp the finger now versus waiting until my builder actually starts building the home on which we put down earnest money. My company is such an incredible cesspool that I feel like I need to take a shower when I get home from work, but they're still paying me. If I could just not care about the work and let my performance degrade to whatever level a carefree attitude would foster, sticking around to collect more paychecks would be a lot easier.

... then they wonder about your sanity for leaving such a good position, etc.
Good thing I don't have to worry about that.

May 31 is my last day. My only concern is healthcare going forward. Personally have to hope ACA remains intact.

anyone else flip flopping between being totally relieved then totally anxious?

Yea, a little bit. I'm fine with my retirement in May but my wife plans to follow me at the end of the year. I just turned 62 and will get my first SS check next month, plus only have 3 years till Medicare. She's only 59 so has 6 years of us paying for her healthcare before Medicare. And she'll be pulling no income for 3 years till SS.

I haven't posted in awhile. I have 6 more w*rk days. I was approved for 400 hours of family medical leave which takes me to 8 June, going in on Tuesdays and Thursdays and taking personal sick leave on the 2 days in June. I keep second guessing my self with the numbers but they all tell me the same thing. :) the apprehension is incredible. If it weren't for the folks on here, I would not of thought this would be possible. Thanks all!

Gotta get my peppers and eggplants in the ground!

Last edited:
Ugly Monday at work today and am here to detox. Back in January, I turned in my notice to retire later this year but I wish it were next week. Toxic boss is the worst ! The search for my replacement (14 applicants) failed to find anyone - interviewed a few but none really met the quals ! I am in a very specialized field and can work contract several other companies.

Yet my boss acts like a jerk to me- probably because I make more $- but that's not my problem !

I am not one to break commitments- so I feel obligated to stay until the date I gave. I'll have to find more ways to avoid this boss.

Ugly Monday at work today and am here to detox.
I completely understand. I walked into our email not working today and the office all freaking out. And, after 8 hours it still isn't. Jumping on this board does help a lot.

25 Days to go...

Sure feels good to be done with work. Punched out for the last time on May 1 after 32 years working for the man.

This past weekend my youngest kid graduated from university and is heading to grad school to study nursing in Baltimore. Older brother (research physicist) and sister (mechanical engineer) were launched into the real world a few years ago.

Currently sitting on the deck of vacation home with a cup of coffee watching the fog clear over the lake and counting my blessings. Feels good and excited to be starting a new chapter with my lovely wife (of 32 years) by my side.

Cheers to my fellow early retirees.

Living the dream!

Reactions: bUU
Sure feels good to be done with work. Punched out for the last time on May 1 after 32 years working for the man.

This past weekend my youngest kid graduated from university and is heading to grad school to study nursing in Baltimore. Older brother (research physicist) and sister (mechanical engineer) were launched into the real world a few years ago.

Currently sitting on the deck of vacation home with a cup of coffee watching the fog clear over the lake and counting my blessings. Feels good and excited to be starting a new chapter with my lovely wife (of 32 years) by my side.

Cheers to my fellow early retirees.

Living the dream!
That sounds wonderful. Congratulations to you!

Currently sitting on the deck of vacation home with a cup of coffee watching the fog clear over the lake and counting my blessings.
Congratulations! That sounds amazing. I am sitting at w**k under the fluorescent lights as panic is everywhere around me today because our email isn't working. I think I will find a picture of a foggy lake and make it my desktop picture today.

24 Days to Go!

Just when you think it can’t get better...I just found out that my ex of over 25 years ago passed away earlier this year and had never filed for her legal portion of my pension. And while I don’t wish early demise for anyone, especially from cancer, if the circumstance happens, it happens. Since I had not retired yet, I just had verified that that portion of the annuity reverts back to me. Not a lot, comparatively, ($300/mo) but any added buffer is always welcome! 8 working days left!!!

Last edited:
Found out last week that my job at MegaSoftwareCorp has been eliminated. I have till Mid June to find another job, or take the package. SERIOUSLY thinking of joining the class of 2019! I'm almost 64 and have the FI portion down (I think...), it's the RE that's scaring me. DW is 62 and terrified -- of me being home all the time ;-). She may keep working...

Found out last week that my job at MegaSoftwareCorp has been eliminated. I have till Mid June to find another job, or take the package. SERIOUSLY thinking of joining the class of 2019! I'm almost 64 and have the FI portion down (I think...), it's the RE that's scaring me. DW is 62 and terrified -- of me being home all the time ;-). She may keep working...
It will be scary next year too.

kf - I am planning on going at end of the year at age 60.
Going to 64 would make me want to shoot myself in the head......but that's just me.
And a package...come on kf !! If your able - GTFO now, but that's just me.
We are planning to go to pasture at the end of this year and I cannot wait to spend every remaining day on this mortal earth with ms gamboolgal until the first one of us steps off into eternity.
I hope you are able to take the Package and retire sir.
All the best
gamboolman....
Lifes A Dance And You Learn As You Go...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom