Colors of Autumn

SW NH today.

Attachments

• IMG_20211008_134227736_HDR copy.jpg
    IMG_20211008_134227736_HDR copy.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
finnski1, that is beautiful!

I just left the midwest and one of the few things I miss (about the weather there) is the stunning fall colors. Haven't seen that (in person) in 14 years. So I'm living vicariously through the pictures presented here. Sorta makes me homesick - but not enough to endure anything colder than Early Oct. YMMV

I just left the midwest and one of the few things I miss (about the weather there) is the stunning fall colors. Haven't seen that (in person) in 14 years. So I'm living vicariously through the pictures presented here. Sorta makes me homesick - but not enough to endure anything colder than Early Oct. YMMV
In MN due the dry summer the colors aren't much to look at this year.

finnski1, that is beautiful!
Yeah. It's a beautiful time of year here and we have had 2 spectacular days in a row.
That is Mt Monadnock, the most climbed mountain in the US and nearly in the world. It's only 15 minutes from my door. I climb it a lot.

Last edited:
Beautiful as fall was back in the day (on the mainland), fall always made me feel depressed. I guess it's because I knew winter (with all it's dreary, snowy, cold, wet weather) was on its way.

We got a late start on our usual 3 month or so mainland trip this year, so we stayed until early October. This time, instead of feeling depressed, I felt elated. I knew that I would be back home where it is warm and sunny (most of the time) and I wouldn't be cold and wet and miserable. YMMV

Eastern Pa here. A new thing is happening here. Some of the trees are changing color in separate clumps. Most of the tree is green and about 25% of it, all in a clump, changes to red, orange, or yellow. Of course I assume all the leaves will change before falling. Maybe this is how it always happens, lol, but didn't think so.

All beautiful shots. Here in southern New England it’s still quite green due to the weather. I hope to get out and shoot in a few weeks.

The one below was from a few years back in central Vermouth…oops I mean Vermont…

Attachments

• 3D708137-3827-4FCA-BA53-BBD06EF30FA0.jpg
    3D708137-3827-4FCA-BA53-BBD06EF30FA0.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 33
Beautiful!

One from today's hike - the fall colors are finally coming to the midwest.

Attachments

• mckinley woods 11022021.jpg
    mckinley woods 11022021.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
Beautiful Ronstar. Here the leaves are pretty much on the ground. We did have a long fall colour season.

Beautiful Ronstar. Here the leaves are pretty much on the ground. We did have a long fall colour season.

Thanks - we were supposed to have a bad fall color season due to lack of rain. But then we had 9.4" in October instead of the usual 2.9. It has stayed warm until this week, so the leaves are staying on longer and the color is coming later than normal.

I just looked through the travel photo directories on the file server, and found this shot that my wife took. We were in an RV trip, returning from the Canadian Maritimes to the New England states.

The date on the file was Oct 1, 2014. Winter comes early to the North East. In late September, it got down to freezing at night, and RV campgrounds in Canada provinces were already shutting down, and we had to go south. It was still not freezing in the New England states.

By this time, mid November, there would be nothing but bare branches on trees.

10965-albums235-picture2489.jpg

Here's another shot my wife took on this trip, this time at Acadia National Park.

10965-albums235-picture2490.jpg

Last edited:
Gorgeous!
Love Autumn weather and colors

We had some really pretty fall colors this year, one of the best displays in recent memory. Unfortunately, I never got out to take pictures of any of them. Now they're mostly all gone and the trees are looking rather bare.

I did get a photo of these mushrooms that were growing at my mom's assisted living. The biggest one was larger than my hand, about eight inches across. I've never seen a mushroom that big before. Impressive.

Attachments

• 2021-10-21 160310 - Mushrooms growing at Mallard Landing.jpg
    2021-10-21 160310 - Mushrooms growing at Mallard Landing.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom