Colors of Autumn

While I do like looking at the colors it does not make up for the painful work of clean up. Same goes for snow, great to look at but horrible to clean up or drive in.

Beautiful nature's fall colors to all of you. Most all leaves are on the ground here now. Another year of autumn just about behind us and another winter ahead of us.

I just looked through the travel photo directories on the file server, and found this shot that my wife took. We were in an RV trip, returning from the Canadian Maritimes to the New England states.

The date on the file was Oct 1, 2014. Winter comes early to the North East. In late September, it got down to freezing at night, and RV campgrounds in Canada provinces were already shutting down, and we had to go south. It was still not freezing in the New England states.

By this time, mid November, there would be nothing but bare branches on trees.

10965-albums235-picture2489.jpg

Here's another shot my wife took on this trip, this time at Acadia National Park.

10965-albums235-picture2490.jpg
Ah yes Acadia. we love it there and go almost every year(easy from NH) and were just there in late September. Looks like you might have been on Cadillac Mountain.

While I do like looking at the colors it does not make up for the painful work of clean up. Same goes for snow, great to look at but horrible to clean up or drive in.

You're right. I keep mowing the lawn weekly to mulch up as many leaves as possible. Then with a lawn sweeper a few times. Plowing snow is horrible - sometimes takes 6-8 hrs to plow my driveway.

Yes, that's why I go look at other people's leaves.

Ah yes Acadia. we love it there and go almost every year(easy from NH) and were just there in late September. Looks like you might have been on Cadillac Mountain.

Yes, it's Cadillac Mountain. Many years earlier, we made a leaf-peeping trip to New England, but it was pre-digital-camera, and I don't know where I keep the photos.

This 2014 RV trip, we happened to be there at the peak time, and Acadia Park was crowded with photographers. My pocket camera took lousy snapshots, but they are still good to jog my memory of places that we have been to.

Yeah you're right but we do love living in NH. Maybe because we are still only 63 and 66 and actively, strenuously hike, snow shoe etc and really like winter that it is not a problem. Yet!
For years we would rake the property by hand in the fall and it would take 2 or 3 days of drudgery. We use to make fun of our neighbor with his little leaf blower. Not anymore. I bought a powerful leaf blower this year finally and it is downright fun. Well almost any way and it is much more enjoyable and quicker than raking. No more blisters and achy shoulders.

Beautiful nature's fall colors to all of you. Most all leaves are on the ground here now. Another year of autumn just about behind us and another winter ahead of us.

The coming of winter was always a bummer for me, even though Fall was the best time to be in the Midwest. Now, I barely think about winter - but we don't have fall colors. Everything is a trade-off I suppose. YMMV

From an RV trip to Colorado a couple of years ago.

Attachments

• Colorado.jpg
    Colorado.jpg
    625.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Colorado2.jpg
    Colorado2.jpg
    628.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Western Colorado

Attachments

• fall_color4.jpeg
    fall_color4.jpeg
    611.9 KB · Views: 20
from our walk in CT last week.

Attachments

• IMG_2861.jpg
    IMG_2861.jpg
    944.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2862.jpg
    IMG_2862.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
Darn it. I can't attach heic files. I'll have to upload the one I already converted to jpeg at home. I looked at a couple of free online tools, but the TOS said they would have rights to my photo so I didn't use them. I have Lightroom at home.

cd :O)

Darn it. I can't attach heic files. I'll have to upload the one I already converted to jpeg at home.

If you're looking at your photos on an iPhone, you can set how they are saved.

-- Settings
-- Camera
-- Formats

From there you can select either "High Efficiency" (HEIC) or "Most Compatible" (JPEG)

Darn it. I can't attach heic files. I'll have to upload the one I already converted to jpeg at home. I looked at a couple of free online tools, but the TOS said they would have rights to my photo so I didn't use them. I have Lightroom at home.

Just do a print screen of your heic file on your phone. (Press upper left and right buttons at the same time.) Creates a .jpg file on your phone - and without personal exif data.

Last edited:
Not necessarily Fall colors, but this is a view from my driveway across the front yard. You can see the low clouds over a river in the background and my walkway on the right side.
Also, the view out of my kitchen window. Pretty colors behind the wall in the back yard.

Attachments

• 82093CD5-7092-4CF1-B583-7050430F41BB.jpg
    82093CD5-7092-4CF1-B583-7050430F41BB.jpg
    552.4 KB · Views: 22
  • E1B5446D-2855-4912-BD7D-908DE7881644.jpg
    E1B5446D-2855-4912-BD7D-908DE7881644.jpg
    621.1 KB · Views: 22
Finally emailed my office the photo. But the taking a screen shot of the photo on the phone was a great idea, too.

Attachments

• img_lr-485.jpg
    img_lr-485.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 105
^^^ beautiful! You folks live in some stunning scenic landscapes. Thanks for sharing your views.

I love the colors of Fall!

This is from a couple years ago. 902002867.jpg

Not a lot of color but still fall. I did some fencing today and took a few pictures on this beautiful fall day.

Attachments

• IMG_6210 (1).jpg
    IMG_6210 (1).jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8441 (2).jpg
    IMG_8441 (2).jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8443 (2).jpg
    IMG_8443 (2).jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 23
^^^

I want to follow that road!
You can but it and every other road stops twenty miles north. You can go farther, there's a million acres of public land, bring your boots, mules, horses. No man-made horsepower allowed.

Last edited:
Asticou Garden, Maine
Mt. Jo, Lake Placid, NY
Bald Mountain, Eagle Harbor, NY
Whiteface Mountain, Wilmington, NY

Attachments

• IMG_5553fb.jpg
    IMG_5553fb.jpg
    624.9 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_1192MtJofb.jpg
    DSC_1192MtJofb.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 14