Earworms du jour

This one's been popping into my head the last day or two --

DW has been stuck with "A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down...." from Julie Andrews for a the past couple days. And she has no recollection of how it wormed into her brain.

DW has been stuck with "A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down...." from Julie Andrews for a the past couple days. And she has no recollection of how it wormed into her brain.

A perfect earworm -- medium uptempo with repetitive lyric.

Like my Etta James chestnut, that one's been lurking in the neurons for 50 years, waiting to emerge like a case of the shingles. Fortunately, the pain is minimal.

For the ears and the eyes, ONJ in a cat suit, and Travolta shakin' it --yeah!

0a18db517d257aefe49ff0b750ccb1dd.gif

Here are two which seem to get stuck in my head every few years:

You have been warned.

When I jump out of these videos it keeps crashing my RE iPhone app. Anyone else having the same problem?

I just tried rebooting my iPhone to see if that might help... no dice. I’ll revisit this thread later...

On Saturday mornings it never occurred to me that there was an entire orchestra behind the music to the TV show:

And that led to stumbling across this one. Again, when I saw the movie I didn't realize there was an orchestra producing the music:

Love that last video Walt with all the voice effects! I wonder how the waa waa/whistling woman describes her role to acquaintances!
And is that the effigy of a hanged man shadowing the orchestra? Creepy, like the music.

Last edited:
+1
That was amazing!

I'm a huge Clint Eastwood fan, and in particular The Good The Bad and The Ugly. I've watched this video numerous times. I'm impressed with the obvious professionalism of all of the performers, but I can't help but wonder if any of them ever saw the movie.

I'm a huge Clint Eastwood fan, and in particular The Good The Bad and The Ugly. I've watched this video numerous times. I'm impressed with the obvious professionalism of all of the performers, but I can't help but wonder if any of them ever saw the movie.

I'll bet they have.

And is that the effigy of a hanged man shadowing the orchestra? Creepy, like the music.

Actually it is a black silhouette. In one of the scenes you can see that as the camera moves, but it is not readily apparent.

But yeah, creepy.

Don't know how I overlooked this one...practically my theme song:

The Dead South from Saskatchewan.....mainly filmed in Toronto...and buzzing around my head.

Back
Top Bottom