Earworms du jour

I can't seem to shake this classic, especially while hiking.
Words to live by, heh heh....

In the desert you can remember your name
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain

And I'd like to give a special thanks to the MeToo movement for placing "Baby, It's Cold Outside" in my head for the past few days.

And I'd like to give a special thanks to the MeToo movement for placing "Baby, It's Cold Outside" in my head for the past few days.
Same here! Last night Frank came over for a while. After a few hours, it was time for him to walk home. He lives just next door to me. Anyway, as he was putting on his jacket, hat, and gloves, I smiled and said "Baby, it's cold outside!" and we both laughed. We love the music from that era.

Friar NOW you have pissed me off !
Baby its cold outside
Jingle Bells
White Christmas

All bringing flack by groups and wanting to remove these songs from the airwaves . If you don't like these songs Do not listen to them . Now brothers and sisters its not the music that makes people do bad things it is parents who just failed to teach their children .

Read the story of the most investigated song in modern history . Investigated by the FBI , CIA , Interpol. The PTA and the American Sheriff's association . And everyone on here has danced to the song or listened to it. This song was banned for a few years because it made teenagers do bad things .

Louie Louie Hail Hail Rock and Roll

Oh I forgot , Fairytale of New York is On the do not play list . This one is for all of my Hippy Friends . Listen to the words

It's That time...
And about the time I went to my first dance with jeanie in 1954 as a senior in High School. Married 4 years later.

Last edited:
Now I've gone and done it! I can't even listen to the first bar and it's in deep. I avoided posting the link before for fear it would get stuck. Alas, I should have just let it go, but no......

This tune has come to mind lately, one my DF loved to sing.

This one is on the "Jive Talkin'" level ... I've been singing "Tiny town, tiny town" for a couple days now.

It's That time...
And about the time I went to my first dance with jeanie in 1954 as a senior in High School. Married 4 years later.

Just watched the movie. Love it. Had to look up their ages. Bing was 51 Rosemary 26. He was implausible as some kind of playboy and a very implausible match, but they cast the voices. And super petite Vera-Ellen's dancing. And Danny Kaye, well, being himself.

Last edited:
Ok, going to try and catch you guys up a half dozen decades or so. I worked my way through college as a nightclub DJ and have always been progressive with music (read: never jumped from the music train). A remake of "Wicked Game", originally done by Chris Isaak in 1989. A different spin on the original. Mesmerizing OMI..

A very sexy remix by George Michael , I can see DW and I sitting in a café in Amsterdam late at night people watching .

Ok, going to try and catch you guys up a half dozen decades or so. I worked my way through college as a nightclub DJ and have always been progressive with music (read: never jumped from the music train). A remake of "Wicked Game", originally done by Chris Isaak in 1989. A different spin on the original. Mesmerizing OMI..

Reminds me of the 1980s.

A very sexy remix by George Michael , I can see DW and I sitting in a café in Amsterdam late at night people watching .

Some of George Micheal's best stuff IMO was the musinc that you never heard on the radio. His CD "Older" is a really good listen, bluesy, background music tones, like this Roxanne remix.

If you like "alternate versions" of Classic songs, check out Post Modern Jukebox on Youtube. Morgan Jame's version of Dream on, and Haley Reinhart's "Creep" are just phenomenal.

Life is too short to just listen to the same 30 songs over and over .....

This one was in my ear for a very long time. Love Alison Kraus And I"m not religious! Actually, that whole soundtrack, stuck in my head.

Last edited:
I was at my local Menards store this afternoon when Eddy Grant came on the PA system. It's been on continuous loop in my head ever since.

I have been hooked on this song in Portuguese for about 1 week.

I first heard this a few years ago. It now befits my trip to Portugal in about a month, although it is a Brazilian song, first sung by Carmen Miranda in the 1930's. The singer below is American-born China Forbes of the band Pink Martini.

Back
Top Bottom