Fraudulent credit card activity by WINRED

Bruceski44

Recycles dryer sheets
I got an email yesterday from WinRed, the National Republican Campaign Committee's (NRCC) PAC and donation platform which said I signed up for future donations. I thought "That's weird! I never sign up for recurring or future donations, always one and done.

The email said to cancel, click here. So I clicked there and a new webpage opened which said "You have no upcoming donations." Problem solved, right?

You can imagine my surprise when I checked our bank account this morning to find they had taken another donation from my credit card! I called and got it reversed using the automatic agent and then waited to speak to someone who insisted I had initiated the future donation and said there are no others pending. I said I had no confidence in what she was telling me and I expected the same thing to happen next month. She laughed and wished me a nice day.

Now I need to call the bank to see if I can block this org on my card, else I might just get a new card.

I want everyone to know about these dishonest business practices from an organization many have trusted in the past. This is a new low.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom