High end iPhone cheap at Costco

braumeister

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
I walked into a Costco store today, not my usual one but where I am traveling and a young man approached me with the inevitable iPad (today's version of a clipboard).
It seems Costco is running a promotion, and after answering a few questions (who is my carrier, how many lines, etc.) he offered me a new iPhone 14 Pro Max (the top of the line model) for $125.

That's a fantastic deal, and if I didn't already have one I would have taken him up on it in a second. So if anyone is looking for a new phone, it might pay you to visit a Costco store. No idea how long this promotion will last, but it's a heck of an offer.

Is it from switching from a current carrier? I’m shopping for a new line. Just need one line and was wondering if the deal is for new customers or to entice customers to switch.

As I understood it, there was no carrier switch. I'm with T-Mobile, and there were other carriers included in the deal but I didn't pay much attention to that part.

Being as they are ~$1100 new I jumped right at this. Didn't go into Costco, but checking the web shows a Costco special through the 20th for $150 off on the Pro Max. Seems more plausible unfortunately. Seems to good to be true and such...

Seems too good to be true and such...

Indeed. Of course, there is a trade-in allowance on your old phone, and I'm sure other considerations, but I was so amazed at the offer I didn't pay that much attention to the details. Just took out my 14 Pro Max and said "I already have one" so he backed off.

Not sure about this one but any great deal I’ve come across requires adding an additional line.

Nobody (or very few people) is buying iPhone 14 now because the 15 announcement happens next month. Apple product lifecycles work this way where they have clear out the existing supply pipeline prior to next version launch. What are you getting for $125? Are you getting a carrier locked phone? Are there any monthly payment locks involved (i.e. pay higher price for phone but get credits on your phone plan)? In other words, what are the conditions for $125? I am certain you can't just walk in and get a phone with $125 and no strings attached.

Having just bought a refurb iPhone 12 for the bigger screen instead of having the battery swapped on my iPhone SE, I'm in a completely different place. :LOL:

The combination of ADHD, poor close vision limiting what I can do on a small screen, and fumbly arthritic fingers makes me a poor candidate for owning a $1000 phone. :fingerwag:

Back in January, 2017, I switched from an iPhone 5 to a Samsung phone. This was part of a deal where I got the Samsung phone for free from Cricket, when I changed from Verizon to Cricket Wireless ($30/month, no fees).

I did this for LBYM reasons, and also because I am old and old fashioned, so I really only use my phone for phone calls. Good fit for someone like me. :) Thanks to REWahoo for telling me about this deal back then.

Today I got this email from Verizon. The iPhone 14 pro is on sale here has well.

The fine print says I must take an unlimited 5G plan with a new phone line. It doesn’t come out and clearly state how long I have to hold the plan but it does mention 36 payments for the phone, so I’d bet that’s the required term.

The price for 2 lines is $55 each, but that doesn’t include fees, which with Verizon are high. I’m currently paying $90 for 2 lines at T-Mobile, but that includes Netflix and Apple TV, which I would subscribe to separately.

Here’s the Verizon small print I could access. It makes no mention of how long.
Up to $1599.99 on device payment or at retail price required. New line required. Unlimited Plus, 5G Do More, 5G Play More, 5G Get More or One Unlimited for iPhone (all lines on account req'd on plan) plan required. Less up to $1000 trade-in/promo credit applied over 36 months; promo credit ends if eligibility requirements are no longer met. 0% APR. Trade-in conditions apply. Taxes and fees may apply.

Attachments

• IMG_3229.jpeg
    IMG_3229.jpeg
    368.7 KB · Views: 25
Back
Top Bottom