Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Once a Week and I'm Male

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • You're supposed to wash your hair?

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (please comment)

Votes: 6 6.2%

• Total voters
When I was working I showered and washed my hair everyday. Now that I am retired, I shower and wash my hair everyday. If I take two showers in a day, I wash my hair each time. Sometimes, I remind myself that I don't have to wash my hair that second time, but, I tend to forget that reminder and wash my hair again--seems like it's sort of automatic.

I do it once a day, but I am getting to the what hair state too.

That may because Guys shampoo , towel dry their hair & are done . We shampoo , condition , blow dry & style .

I think that is a good point. For a few months my hair was really short (currently growing it) and I tended to shampoo, put on a condition while showering the rest of me, then rinsed out the conditioner. I would often air dry my hair. So I was closer to being like a guy. With it growing I have to use a blow dryer if it is going to look good at all and that is time consuming.

Also, I color my hair red and red really fades if you wash it too much so that is a reason that I sometimes don't wash it even if I am taking a shower.

I wash mine about every third day. As women get older most of them shouldn't wash it more often due to dryness. For me there are exceptions, however, for an all-day sweaty hike or getting sandy at the beach, for example.

Exactly so. I have grown out my hair to just about mid-back length at age 57 (now). It has returned to its usual thickness and does not dry out like it did when it was thinning due to stress from the j*b and washing it daily.
I love having my long thick hair again. I braid it back in warm weather, and wear it loose in cool weather. I never blow dry it, ever. I use Aussie brand products. No coloring.
I will continue to go by the 3-4 day interval between shampooing. That seems to be optimum for me.
The result speaks for itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do the "no poo" routine too and wash my hair twice a week when I shower. No dry scalp problems since starting this a couple years ago and my curly hair is now in attractive ringlets instead of being dry and frizzy. My skin is also much healthier and less dry with soaping down only twice a week. I think our culture is obsessed with "cleanliness" to the point that we create problems for ourselves by upsetting any kind of natural equilibrium. Diet also plays a role in skin and hair health as well as in unpleasant body odor. My whole system runs cleaner on a mostly plant based diet! YMMV!

Frequent hair washing does seem to be an American custom.

Once a day at least. Otherwise, my hair just doesn't feel right.

Being that hair has not sprouted on top of my head for a number of years now I find the range of options rather limiting other than the "other" thoughtfully provided. However, I do wash the hair that has magically transported itself to other (lower) parts such as ears and nose whenever I take a shower which is generally daily...

I'm one of the small minority. Most seem to use sham poo, but I always use real poo on my hair. :angel:

Being that hair has not sprouted on top of my head for a number of years now I find the range of options rather limiting other than the "other" thoughtfully provided. However, I do wash the hair that has magically transported itself to other (lower) parts such as ears and nose whenever I take a shower which is generally daily...

Who would have ever thought science can create test tube babies and transplant body parts, yet cant grow hair on a persons head. And yes I have noticed my tweezers starting to get a better daily aerobic workout than I am on the treadmill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Every third day here for shampooing.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I've been renting a pool-home and swim twice a day for the first time in my life. For the past 30 days, no shampoo, but lots of chlorine-water. Hair seems to be ok with it so far.

I wash my hair every time I take a shower and some days I may shower 3 times depending on my activities during that day.

Mike

Every third day here for shampooing.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Ding, ding, ding! That's about where I end up nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom